male height to Norwood scale

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont want to teas you m8, so please dont take this the wrong way, but it seems like it did receeded alittle, no biggie tho, as long as your T at normal, if it breaks out of control then your facing a problem there........... :whistle: ......

Nene

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know why you're getting upset. I'm just giving you my honest opinion. It's not a drastic change, but like most men, your hairline looks to have matured a bit. Others can feel free to disagree but no need to get your panties in a bunch.

s.a.f

Reaction score
jijijijiji said:
FredTheBelgian said:
Ok I was NW2 at 6 years old then lol

S.A.F. is an idiot. Everyone starts as NW1. You just happened to have a high hairline. :punk: :punk:

Oh yes EVERYONE is NW1 as a child, I guess this teenage girl (on the left) must be balding then?

[attachment=0:u1g7xtie]mini-viva.jpg[/attachment:u1g7xtie]

Attachments

• mini-viva.jpg
    mini-viva.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 183

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
:stupid:

She has a large forehead, but that is an nw1. What don't you understand? nw2-nw3 have clear temple recession, which she does not have.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its not just the forehead size, NW1's have a hairline that goes straight up from the temple points and straight across at the forehead.
Most guys will have temple points that are angled backwards and have a curved hairline.

This is what I call a real NW1

[attachment=1:egsr7mct]100306102945Adam_Lambert_AP_4.jpg[/attachment:egsr7mct]

Whereas this is more a typical/normal mans hairline.

[attachment=0:egsr7mct]adam_levine.gif[/attachment:egsr7mct]

Attachments

• 100306102945Adam_Lambert_AP_4.jpg
    100306102945Adam_Lambert_AP_4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 476
  • adam_levine.gif
    adam_levine.gif
    80.4 KB · Views: 177

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Its not just the forehead size, NW1's have a hairline that goes straight up from the temple points and straight across at the forehead.
Most guys will have temple points that are angled backwards and have a curved hairline.

This is what I call a real NW1

[attachment=1:2j25ca7o]100306102945Adam_Lambert_AP_4.jpg[/attachment:2j25ca7o]

Whereas this is more a typical/normal mans hairline.

[attachment=0:2j25ca7o]adam_levine.gif[/attachment:2j25ca7o]

:shakehead:

It's a matter of forehead shape.

norwood.jpg

:whistle:

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
well i was hopeing for peoples opinions on the Norwood to height scale, but i was afraid people were going to say "6 foot tall isnt perfect, 6 3 is", the problem with saying these things is that it messes up the scale.

http://bodylanguageproject.com/articles/tallmen.htm

Interestingly, there seems to be a "ceiling effect" where tall males (over 6 feet) suffer a decrease in fitness. That is, women tend to find extremely tall men less attractive. This has been noted by several researchers. Women tend to prefer men of a medium stature over really tall men or really short men. In a study by Graziano et. al. (1978) similar results showed that men of medium height (5'9"- 5'11") were rated as more attractive over shorter (5'5"- 5'7") or taller men (6'2"- 6'4"), regardless of the height of the women (4'10"- 6'1"). This means that if you aren't average, or slightly above average, then you are going to have to work hard to attract mates.

There are a lot of things wrong with that article.

1. What women say they want is not the same as what they want. We know this. Moreover, Women will say 6 feet because that is a nice round number. They are not experts in judging heights, so they just say a nice round number.

2. Attractiveness of men decreasing over 6.2. Sample bias? As there are fewer very tall people, isnt it more difficult to find taller, aesthetic folks? However, the question is not this. The question should be, are taller, equally as aesthetic men less desirable? I dont think so. Get a 6 foot guy. Put him in 3 inch elevator shoes. Will he be considered less desirable?

On the other hand HPM, that article makes the good point that what makes height increase desirable is what it signifies, and short men can just go for the "what is signifies" part:
--education (not just degrees, but knowledge, vocabulary etc: read books)
--Health and power (lift weights, yes stronger people exude power)
--Physical prowess (take dance lessons). Why do you think women like dancing so much?

Would a 5.3 woman prefer a clumsy, uncoordinated, unfit 6.2 with limited vocabulary NW1 man, or a 5.4 bald, powerful, educated, physically coordinated NW6?

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
most sceintific studies state that "tall" men are 6 foot tall, you need only to rise 8 inches above the female standard to be considered "tall" to females.

Most statistics show 80% of men to be 6'0 or less and only 20% as more. So, someone over 6'0 is definitely tall. In my world, that 20% figure is pretty accurate.

On the other hand, the statistics also change depending on the areas they are taken in. More affluent people are taller, IMO it's a mixture of genetics and awareness. My brother and sister in law are both short, but the kid is f*cking tall.. The reason is simple, they are both educated with financial freedom and they know how to take care of the kid. Aware parents make a HUGE difference. It's the same with all my cousins, the new generation in my family is at least 2-3 inches taller.

I'm 6'0 and I expect my future kids to be at least 6'2", assuming I manage to give them the right care. My ex gf used to tease me that I'm short, and I used to point out that according to the stats 6'0 aint short. She's about 5'9", she says she's 5'8" but I'm pretty sure she's 5'9".

I used to talk about height with my ex gfs. Most of them wouldn't openly admit it, but I bet 90% of them would not date a guy who is shorter than them or even the same height. I've written about this in another thread.

That being said, what's the ideal height??? If I had a choice, in an imaginary world, I'd choose to be 6'2" but I do think that would have caused me lots of problems, ie leg room in the public transport, difficulty finding right clothing, etc.

Most of the places I go to, I do not stand out as being short or tall, so I'm guessing 6'0" is pretty good.

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
HairPieceMan said:
well i was hopeing for peoples opinions on the Norwood to height scale, but i was afraid people were going to say "6 foot tall isnt perfect, 6 3 is", the problem with saying these things is that it messes up the scale.

http://bodylanguageproject.com/articles/tallmen.htm

Interestingly, there seems to be a "ceiling effect" where tall males (over 6 feet) suffer a decrease in fitness. That is, women tend to find extremely tall men less attractive. This has been noted by several researchers. Women tend to prefer men of a medium stature over really tall men or really short men. In a study by Graziano et. al. (1978) similar results showed that men of medium height (5'9"- 5'11") were rated as more attractive over shorter (5'5"- 5'7") or taller men (6'2"- 6'4"), regardless of the height of the women (4'10"- 6'1"). This means that if you aren't average, or slightly above average, then you are going to have to work hard to attract mates.

There are a lot of things wrong with that article.

1. What women say they want is not the same as what they want. We know this. Moreover, Women will say 6 feet because that is a nice round number. They are not experts in judging heights, so they just say a nice round number.

2. Attractiveness of men decreasing over 6.2. Sample bias? As there are fewer very tall people, isnt it more difficult to find taller, aesthetic folks? However, the question is not this. The question should be, are taller, equally as aesthetic men less desirable? I dont think so. Get a 6 foot guy. Put him in 3 inch elevator shoes. Will he be considered less desirable?

On the other hand HPM, that article makes the good point that what makes height increase desirable is what it signifies, and short men can just go for the "what is signifies" part:
--education (not just degrees, but knowledge, vocabulary etc: read books)
--Health and power (lift weights, yes stronger people exude power)
--Physical prowess (take dance lessons). Why do you think women like dancing so much?

Would a 5.3 woman prefer a clumsy, uncoordinated, unfit 6.2 with limited vocabulary NW1 man, or a 5.4 bald, powerful, educated, physically coordinated NW6?
Good post.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:

If she was 5'3, then she'd be more likely to settle for the imaginary 5'4 guy.

However, let's say she was more like 5'7", then both those imaginary guys wouldn't get the girl. If those guys were the last two men left on earth, she'd probably do both of them in turns and hope for the best.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
virtuality said:
If she was 5'3, then she'd be more likely to settle for the imaginary 5'4 guy.

Since there are tons of 5.3 girls, that is all that matters :punk:

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
I've never receeded, sorry you guys make me sick, my father really receeded when he was 17, at 17, me noooothing but diffuse, that's why it took me a while to notice it, and my father didn't even see it (see what, there's NO RECESSION). You are all in a very dark place it seems :)

Thanks the guy just above me ;)

It doesnt matter what was your starting point. Your hairline looks like NW2, not NW1. If someone is NW7 since the day he was born does that mean he is NW1 because he did not recede? Get real your hairline is NW2.

I just seen the pics. You definitely receded.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you disagree to other point of views without looking like a troll?

You already made fun of me because "I'm bald and you are not", now you are making fun of people having ED problems with propecia

You don't have an NW1 hairline, you have diffuse thinning in the horseshoe area. Sorry if you don't like people mentioning that or the fact that the only thing working in your regime is minoxidil.
If you want people to agree with you about your perfect hair and salad dressing you already know the perfect place, it's not like you don't love venting your frustration against us there

I think anyone that is making fun of bald people in a place like this has clearly crossed the line

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
Frustration? I have hair and I'm happy. Period. I won't respond to comments of people who can't think out of the box, finasteride finasteride finasteride, big 3 big 3 big 3, pfff, have a nice evening everyone.
People who have hair and are happy clearly don't go around places like these.
If they do have hair they are pretty petrified they will go bald eventually, or are deluded to think they are already bald. It's not like these type of posters are scarce

And yes, I would say you are frustrated considering you are making fun of bald people because they don't agree your salad dressing of a regime is doing anything.
If I had the magical cure for male pattern baldness and it was as easy as going down to the spices department and I was damn sure it is working I would already be selling it. Bald people believe and buy anything that promises them hair

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
why does this data exist then?

What data??? I can't see any data in the two links you posted.

All I can see is "hairloss blah blah blah, this will save you, blah blah blah". Can you not see those websites play on people's insecurities??

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
I'm here because I want to help people, I've suffered a lot and it's been over since my salad dressing, I'm putting it right now, funny huh? :)

http://www.suite101.com/content/using-cayenne-pepper-to-prevent-hair-loss-a151599

http://www.howtogrowhair.org/apple-cider-vinegar-for-hair-loss.html

All you can find about those two on google are utter BS ain't it? why does this data exist then?
OK, I'm sold
And article written by "Olivia" is enough for me
I heard she is going to present the salad dressing on the ISHRS conference in September :)

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
:jackit:

I said why why why are they thousands of page talking about that if it's just rubbish :), explain, please
The same reason why there are thousands of pages about any other crackpot theory on the internet maybe? :dunno: