My Finasteride Update, 22 Y/o (pics)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I started finasteride a little over a month ago when someone pointed out that I was balding. I never looked at my crown but when I did I was mortified. I believe I’m about a Norwood 3v but since I’ve had long hair my whole life it’s covered it up. At this point now, toppik doesn’t even cover up the flatness of the top of my head compared to the density and thickness of the sides and back.

Well since I’ve been on finasteride I’ve been non stop shedding (I never paid attention to how much I was shedding before) but I think it’s gotten worse in the last week or so. I’m getting worried about RH because I think I’ve had an increase in hair on my hands and my hair (to me) looks way worse than when I started. I’m diffused all aaround and I don’t even want to know what my hair would look like if I cut it short. The itch subsided but I think it’s coming back now, can this be normal?

Is there any hope for even slight thickening in my crown area given my age and extent? How do you guys feel about RH and what are the chances that I have it?

Symptoms are as follows:
-Oily skin (it was like this before but I’m not sure if it has gotten worse)
-Possible increase in body hair
-Libido unchanged
-more acne
-Hair looks a lot more diffused and thin (potentially shedding way more than before starting)

First two pics are when I started. Last two are recently shortly after showering.

Attachments

• E7393099-A511-4F7F-A855-B25EA30B0AEA.jpeg
    E7393099-A511-4F7F-A855-B25EA30B0AEA.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 5,301
  • C7AE5061-62BD-4716-8D64-F131362E543C.jpeg
    C7AE5061-62BD-4716-8D64-F131362E543C.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 5,130
Last edited:

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it looks alittle better
To be honest, I think it’s the angle and way my hair is in the pictures. But I will report back after another few months and we’ll see for sure

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its always good to have your hair short when comparing progress pics gives you a better idea of whats going on. With long hair you can part it one way and make it look better and part it the other way and it will look worse

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its always good to have your hair short when comparing progress pics gives you a better idea of whats going on. With long hair you can part it one way and make it look better and part it the other way and it will look worse
That’s true but I started it with long hair and now im already a month in lol

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no offense dude but we have anough finasteride logs. If you want you can make this thread in the tell your story section but I dont think this is the section for it

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
no offense dude but we have anough finasteride logs. If you want you can make this thread in the tell your story section but I dont think this is the section for it
My bad man, figured it was finasteride related so it can go here. There were specific questions regarding reflex hyperandrogenecity so I thought it belonged here.

Last edited:

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My bad man, figured it wasn’t finasteride related so it can go here. There were specific questions regarding reflex hyperandrogenecity so I thought it belonged here.

sorry dude i only read the title if you think you have reflex hyperandrogenecity then your thread does belong here. You dont tho so dont be paranoid.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Need some help about the reflex hyperandrogenecity. I believe I have noticed more hair growing on the back of my hands (I had some before) and even some sporadic dark hairs in weird places. I’ve also been shedding like mad and my hair is very diffused. Within the past week the itch has come back as well, nothing crazy but a slight itch a few times an hour.

Is 1.5 months really too early to make a judgement? I’m worried my hair is going to be decimated by the time I give it a year. I’d say my scalp is at about 50% density compared to the back

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
from the pics it looks like you have thicker hair after treatment. if youre worried about it you might need to try a more aggressive regiment or you can come off finasteride to see if that will helpe you

still, I cant image finasteride causing this since it doesnt inhibit testosterone and only some of the dht

I think its either in your head or your not responding to finasteride.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
from the pics it looks like you have thicker hair after treatment. if youre worried about it you might need to try a more aggressive regiment or you can come off finasteride to see if that will helpe you

still, I cant image finasteride causing this since it doesnt inhibit testosterone and only some of the dht

I think its either in your head or your not responding to finasteride.
What would specifically tell you that I’m not responding to finasteride this early? Should the shedding have stopped by now?

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would specifically tell you that I’m not responding to finasteride this early? Should the shedding have stopped by now?

It shouldve decreased by now. If you had scalp itch that shouldve been gone by now. If youre wondering if its working look at your hair when it falls out. If the part near the bulb is thinner than youre miniauturizing. You have long hair so you have to loos at only about the bottom 3cm

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
It shouldve decreased by now. If you had scalp itch that shouldve been gone by now. If youre wondering if its working look at your hair when it falls out. If the part near the bulb is thinner than youre miniauturizing. You have long hair so you have to loos at only about the bottom 3cm
I looked at a bunch of shedded strands and none seem to get thinner near the bulb. I’m not sure if shedding has decreased because I wasn’t paying attention before I stated the meds. But I do know I’m losing a lot of hair. (I’m still thinking I may have Telogen Effluvium on top of male pattern baldness because of an incredibly stressful event that happened a few months before the shedding occurred)

Any recommendations?

abcdefg

Reaction score
1.5 months isnt enough time to really tell anything. Unless you have major sides or lost 4 norwoods of hair you need 1+ years maybe 2 before you see any or best results. Its different for everyone, but 1.5 months isnt long enough for any hair to regrow from when you started.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
1.5 months isnt enough time to really tell anything. Unless you have major sides or lost 4 norwoods of hair you need 1+ years maybe 2 before you see any or best results. Its different for everyone, but 1.5 months isnt long enough for any hair to regrow from when you started.
I didn’t lose a few Norwood’s but I have been diffuse thinning pretty rapidly, I honestly don’t think I was this diffused (or even close) when I started finasteride.

I’m still shedding 50+ hairs in the shower. Not sure how much longer I can hold out for.

Curious if anyone has had something like this and seen success?

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
after topical finasteride+minoxidil(Mohr F) i received more thick body hair+hands, oily face with smooth skin, decreased potency but some high excitability and some brain fog, thick sperm, increased sensitivity of eggs and penis. my hair becomes more thicker after 3 weeks but when i off 1-2 days hair goes back to thin not hard state....

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Omg thank God for clinical trials so that we are not dependent on people's observations is all I can say.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Omg thank God for clinical trials so that we are not dependent on people's observations is all I can say.
What do you mean though? I can see how many hairs I’ve been losing and I can feel that my hair is lighter all around so that is definitely not in my head