My Finasteride Update, 22 Y/o (pics)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Today I had college orientation. I was in a constant panic all day because I ran out of toppik. I couldn’t focus on ANYTHING.

I watched about 25-50 hairs fall from my head (no exaggeration) while tears ran down my face as I drove away from my college.

I study finance and it’s a competitive field. I had dreams of working in an investment bank or a hedge fund in nyc (where I have some connections) but that dream is over. My hair has gotten much worse in the past 2 months and I know it’s only a matter of time before I have to buzz it.

My mom and I have basically decided I can’t go to college right now. What’s the point of wasting all that money if I won’t be able to get a job in my field, or if I’ll just fail out? My mom agrees with the latter.

She’s begging me to see a psychiatrist but lexapro will only make my hair fall out faster. But maybe it’s worth a shot.

My father committed suicide after being severely depressed for 1 year, and I have his depressive gene. I’ve been in this place for 6 months (have only known about my hair loss for the past 2 months so you can imagine the impact). I don’t know how long I can last.

I just watched a hair fall onto my nose. I’m only 22 and I don’t see a future anymore. For the first time, I actually don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Here are some photos I just took. I shampooed my hair this morning. I don’t think my hair would ever get this oily, I don’t think my hands were ever this hairy, I haven’t broken out in acne like this since high school. I also didn’t have diffuse thinning before starting this medication.

1.5 months and I look like I’ve been shedding for 6 months straight. Scalp feels like it’s at 30% density

I’ll still post, but I needed to get this off my chest. Hell, maybe I’ll end up at baseline, but I don’t have any expectations.

TLDR: Next stop, Norwood cemetery

Attachments

• EF44565F-F131-43A9-A01E-2C2FD368E40F.jpeg
    EF44565F-F131-43A9-A01E-2C2FD368E40F.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 818
  • 6F58EA10-8C10-456A-9FC3-B0192B0F7759.jpeg
    6F58EA10-8C10-456A-9FC3-B0192B0F7759.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 814
  • A96696F5-3B00-4825-BB4E-EF14BE72AD73.jpeg
    A96696F5-3B00-4825-BB4E-EF14BE72AD73.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 825

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair when I woke up and pushed it to the side.

I didn’t even show up to work today. I’m waiting for my toppik to come in. Even with that, how should I style my hair?? Getting it cut now my just show more baldness.

I think I may get a hair system soon

Attachments

• 7CD5AD5F-17EC-4FD0-A9C0-4DB94418D002.jpeg
    7CD5AD5F-17EC-4FD0-A9C0-4DB94418D002.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 787
  • CEE63DC3-C0E4-4F9B-B71B-856C4CF61820.jpeg
    CEE63DC3-C0E4-4F9B-B71B-856C4CF61820.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 772

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It shouldve decreased by now. If you had scalp itch that shouldve been gone by now. If youre wondering if its working look at your hair when it falls out. If the part near the bulb is thinner than youre miniauturizing. You have long hair so you have to loos at only about the bottom 3cm

So much bullshit here.

No, you are not only shedding the hair who are shorter than 3 cm. Tratments put hair that were in telogen phase back in the anagen phase and that is why shedding happens.

And no the hair is not getting thinner near the bulb lol. The hair is getting thinner after the full hair growth cycle.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair when I woke up and pushed it to the side.

I didn’t even show up to work today. I’m waiting for my toppik to come in. Even with that, how should I style my hair?? Getting it cut now my just show more baldness.

I think I may get a hair system soon

Stick to it. It’s not that bad, the majority of people wouldn’t even notice that you are balding.

Bad shed is a good sign but yeah it’s a mindfuck. Pop the pill and don’t look at your hair at all for at least 6 months, preferably a year.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
So much bullshit here.

No, you are not only shedding the hair who are shorter than 3 cm. Tratments put hair that were in telogen phase back in the anagen phase and that is why shedding happens.

And no the hair is not getting thinner near the bulb lol. The hair is getting thinner after the full hair growth cycle.
Well my hairs aren’t getting thinner at the bulb. But losing this much hair in just one and a half month doesn’t seem normal.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stick to it. It’s not that bad, the majority of people wouldn’t even notice that you are balding.

Bad shed is a good sign but yeah it’s a mindfuck. Pop the pill and don’t look at your hair at all for at least 6 months, preferably a year.
I appreciate your encouragement. Running a comb through my hair shows the extent of it though, if I could post a vid here I would. My length is the only thing that (kind of) covers it. But I’m literally at like 30% density compared to the back. Every day it gets more noticeable

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well my hairs aren’t getting thinner at the bulb. But losing this much hair in just one and a half month doesn’t seem normal.

No, it’s actually expected that you will shed in the exact timeframe it’s happening to you. STICK TO IT!

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it’s actually expected that you will shed in the exact timeframe it’s happening to you. STICK TO IT!
I’m sticking to it because I don’t have any other hope now. But nah man I was losing 50+ hairs a shower even a few days after finasteride. I wish I counted before finasteride to see if that was the same.

Last edited:

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
After my shower and shaking my head. Crown decimated after not even 2 months.

Edit: not just crown, my whole scalp is shredded. The long layered hair is hiding it :(

Attachments

• 12526E88-A5BE-448A-9E13-37D1BA5AAD26.jpeg
    12526E88-A5BE-448A-9E13-37D1BA5AAD26.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 826
  • 14E701DB-16CC-403A-9F6F-3479E4C0529E.jpeg
    14E701DB-16CC-403A-9F6F-3479E4C0529E.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 770
  • 7F1A5737-13DA-47CD-A30B-71A940EC5FF4.jpeg
    7F1A5737-13DA-47CD-A30B-71A940EC5FF4.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow just took a pic from the back with the flash on and I can’t believe it. Is there any styling I can do to hide this? (With the help of toppik)

Attachments

• DBF99DAC-2668-4C45-9EFE-ABBBFA6B0B1A.jpeg
    DBF99DAC-2668-4C45-9EFE-ABBBFA6B0B1A.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 839

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So much paranoia in this thread, 1.5 months isn’t anywhere near long enough to expect results give it at least a year. Your hair looks fine to me.

You need to stop freaking out, either take finasteride and get on with it or just don’t take it until your in the right mind space.

My advice would be to go and get a decent haircut, get off these forums with the daily updates, tackle the rest of your mental health issues as it doesn’t sound like hairloss is the root of your problems although it probably hasn’t helped.

Good luck man.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
So much paranoia in this thread, 1.5 months isn’t anywhere near long enough to expect results give it at least a year. Your hair looks fine to me.

You need to stop freaking out, either take finasteride and get on with it or just don’t take it until your in the right mind space.

My advice would be to go and get a decent haircut, get off these forums with the daily updates, tackle the rest of your mental health issues as it doesn’t sound like hairloss is the root of your problems although it probably hasn’t helped.

Good luck man.
You’re right, my hair wasn’t the root of my problems. I was already in a severe depression for a few months before the hair. Now the hair just killed me. Thanks for the encouragement though. I will get a haircut soon

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would kill to have your hair bro. I remember when mune looked like that, wish I had started fina at that time. Are you on anything other than fina?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would kill to have your hair bro. I remember when mune looked like that, wish I had started fina at that time. Are you on anything other than fina?
No. I want to try minoxidil but I’m worried about increased shedding since I’m already shedding so much. What do you reccomend?

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go all in. Add in minoxidil, keta shampoo or better yet cream (if you go with the cream get a piractone olamine shampoo), rosemary, and look at a topical AA like RU or topical fina, and also look into derma wounding which by far and away actually regrows the most hair. Once you're on a good regime ignore the shed full steam ahead. That's what I did though, and my hair loss was at a nightmare point compared to you.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go all in. Add in minoxidil, keta shampoo or better yet cream (if you go with the cream get a piractone olamine shampoo), rosemary, and look at a topical AA like RU or topical fina, and also look into derma wounding which by far and away actually regrows the most hair. Once you're on a good regime ignore the shed full steam ahead. That's what I did though, and my hair loss was at a nightmare point compared to you.

Is dermarolling itself beneficial? i don't understand how that would work, what mechanism is behind wounding beneficial to growing hair back? i always saw it as useful for aiding in minoxiidl absorption.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is my 2 month update. Crown and overall density is significantly worse. I think I caught my male pattern baldness at the exact time it started getting very aggressive. 3 months ago I was only dealing with crown thinning, now my whole scalp has very little density and my crown barely has any hair left. May add minoxidil to my regimen although I’m still shedding like crazy (50 hairs in shower today). The two photos I’ve attached are in poor lighting and doesn’t really grasp the severity of the situation. Might add a few wet pics later and compare them to earlier wet pics.

At this point I’m getting comfortable with the idea of getting a partial crown piece and then move up to a full hair system when sh*t gets really bad.

Hair=life

Attachments

• F33D8E3E-0F5E-46EE-ADEA-6C6E00784387.jpeg
    F33D8E3E-0F5E-46EE-ADEA-6C6E00784387.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 707
  • 17C5CDA7-D5B5-42A0-B572-B63D844D1DCC.jpeg
    17C5CDA7-D5B5-42A0-B572-B63D844D1DCC.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 812

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I didn't bother reading any of the above, but what I can suggest is a Diy Hair Transplant. I'll go on to list the following materials essential to perform the previously mentioned.

Material:

1.) FUE extractor kit w/various punch diameters. 0.8mm

2.) 3 Choi Implant pens

3.) Surgical Scalpel, Surgical soap, Surgical Tray, Surgical grade numb creme, Gauze, Petri dishe, Wound healing stem cell Creme (Optional) , Surgical tweezers/ scissors, Non toxic black marker, measuring tape

4.) Adjustable Halogen Lamp (Wall mounted preferably)

5.) USB Trichoscope 50x for viewing rear of scalp on monitor.

6.) Magnifying glasses for dissecting grafts excess tissue.

Total: approx 825$
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 1 /. Consultation

Going in for a consultation with a reputable dermatologist will certainly pay off in the long run, moreover, when it comes to performing a procedure typically unadvised. The information to be sought after should be an assessment of the extent of hairloss via microscope. The condition of the donor area should be in scope. In addition, information about the texture/type of hair will serve greatly in your personal endeavors.

Step 2 /. Preparation

Disorganization could sacrifice time that could be spent placing the grafts immediately into the recipient area. Choosing to neglect the organizing of materials at this stage could have a hinderance on the survival rate of said grafts. Ideally, materials should be in a concert orientation (secondary hand side). FUE Extractor should be on one side away from obstruction ( Primary hand side).

it is best to avoid having a dysfunctional workspace given that you do not have a rotating staff aiding in the procedure.

Step 3 /. Sanitization

Before performing such procedure, it is always wise to practice modeling hygiene safety. This insure that the environment that you'll be working in won't harbor any bacterial organisms/pathogens that could increase likelihood of infection. This in turn, would jeopardize the success of the procedure early on, so it is crucial to thoroughly spend time at this step. Rule of thumb, if you can't put your tongue on it confidently, it's not clean enough; or you're simply in the wrong room setting.

* NO BATHROOMS

Step 4
/. Beginning

TO BE CONTINUED.

It's my new meme... Relax.
lol was gonna say wtf are you talking about...

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro use fiber hair for now in my opinion just give it Time
Idk man it shouldn’t get this much worse in just 2 months. Fiber hair doesn’t cover everything either, I just wear hats :(