My Finasteride Update, 22 Y/o (pics)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I also dislike this expression because it sounds very "cliché". Yet after reading your whole thread and especially your message on July 13 about college orientation, I decided to say it.
It remains true even if it is irratating, I just wanted to help you put things in perspective.
Deep inside you know like me college orientation > hair

Wish you all the best
Thanks, and I’ve actually chosen to take a semester off college and go back next semester. I figured I’d get my mind right and hopefully my hair would stabilize. Unfortunately neither of those things have happened yet.

Funny, I didn’t realize that message was on Friday the 13th...

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your honesty. To be fair, those last pics I posted was with oil in my hair. It looks far worse with the oil than with just plain water. I wish I had done this earlier to see how much it has advanced.

I’ve gotta admit it feels horrible to be getting hit with the “there’s more to life than hair” spiel when the first time I posted here people were even questioning if I was balding.

I’d like to get some input from other users as well
IMO stay on finasteride for a few more months and if you don't see improvement, jump on dutasteride. Brand name is expensive but generic should work fine.

Last edited:

Filipino

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a diffuse thinner and I'm on finasteride for only 40 days with a lot of shedding. After reading your thread I feel nervous.
Sorry for my English I live in the Philippines and English is not my native language.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a diffuse thinner and I'm on finasteride for only 40 days with a lot of shedding. After reading your thread I feel nervous.
Sorry for my English I live in the Philippines and English is not my native language.
It works for most people. Give it time

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn’t drop it. But if this is just a shedding is there any chance of getting back what I’ve lost? Can anyone point me in the right direction of a thread that has had a similar shed?

I can't find it at the moment, but I seem to remember a case 2 years ago of someone who jumped on duta, lost like 50% of what remained of their hair and then had completely reversal of his hairloss, but this was like over a year of taking the drug. I've never heard of someone who had lost hair permanently using finasteride. There used to be a myth that dutasteride could either save or destroy your hairline, but that's since lost all traction.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't find it at the moment, but I seem to remember a case 2 years ago of someone who jumped on duta, lost like 50% of what remained of their hair and then had completely reversal of his hairloss, but this was like over a year of taking the drug. I've never heard of someone who had lost hair permanently using finasteride. There used to be a myth that dutasteride could either save or destroy your hairline, but that's since lost all traction.
It’s just that I can’t imagine getting back to baseline. My hair feels so thin from my hair line to my crown.

When you say you’ve never heard of someone losing their hair permananetly on finasteride do you mean someone going fully bald?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I need opinions on what to do with my hair. It’s become extremely ratty in the past few months and I haven’t gotten it cut in a while. Here are some pics without toppik. My miniaturized crown looks white in this lighting lol. Wtf kind of cut should I get?

Serious opinions are appreciated.

Attachments

• D1732369-063D-4A9D-A76C-D9B2AA2B9BE8.jpeg
    D1732369-063D-4A9D-A76C-D9B2AA2B9BE8.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 656
Last edited:

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I need opinions on what to do with my hair. It’s become extremely ratty in the past few months and I haven’t gotten it cut in a while. Here are some pics without toppik. My miniaturized crown looks white in this lighting lol. Wtf kind of cut should I get?

Your hair looks awesome bro I can see some improvements

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a very bad lucky man that the inflammation have completely destroyed my hair in just 4 months

Attachments

• 20180829_163104.jpg
    20180829_163104.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 570
  • IMAG7922.jpg
    IMAG7922.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 562

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I buzzed my head it’d look a lot worse lol. Grow your hair back out, I’m sure it’ll look fine.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score

If anyone can answer this I’d be pumped cause I’m kinda at a standstill right now

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd leave your hair as it is man. I'm digging the style, but it's up to you I guess... Also maybe you don't see it, but your crown looks so much better from the very first picture you posted. finasteride is definitely working.
It’s a lot worse in person, very ratty and hard to tame now. It definitely needs to be trimmed down a bit. I really appreciate it though.

I was thinking to trim the sides a lot because they poof out and accentuates the lack of density on the roof.

I can agree that my crown looks a bit unchanged or maybe slightly better, but everywhere else is fucked. I’m even thinning in the back of my head now too.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually, crowns gotten worse too. Holding a mirror and looking at it from behind looks a lot worse than pics can show

Attachments

• 1FE9BFC3-791A-4BAE-B10E-30C5BAD8CB74.jpeg
    1FE9BFC3-791A-4BAE-B10E-30C5BAD8CB74.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 509

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would either switch to dutasteride and start dermarolling with minoxidil or wounding with oral minoxidil. I don't see why you are scared of the shed that comes with minoxidil, you are using toppik just now anyway. I have lost alot of ground in the past 9 motnhs or so of using finasteride, i don't think it was strong enough to stop my male pattern baldness, so i switched to dutasteride, wish i started on it at the beginning but live and learn i guess.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would either switch to dutasteride and start dermarolling with minoxidil or wounding with oral minoxidil. I don't see why you are scared of the shed that comes with minoxidil, you are using toppik just now anyway. I have lost alot of ground in the past 9 motnhs or so of using finasteride, i don't think it was strong enough to stop my male pattern baldness, so i switched to dutasteride, wish i started on it at the beginning but live and learn i guess.
I’m worried about the shed because toppik is still doing its job right now. If I lose more it might be a different story. I might switch to dutasteride tho

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Speak to a good hair stylist about what haircut to get. They're the best people to advise. You'll be amazed at what some good styling can achieve.

But from your pics, I think your hair looks good.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Speak to a good hair stylist about what haircut to get. They're the best people to advise. You'll be amazed at what some good styling can achieve.

But from your pics, I think your hair looks good.
Thanks brotha. Gonna be honest with the barber about my thinning and ask for recommendations

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I finally trimmed it up today. It’s not showing my thinning as bad as I thought it would but I can’t stand how poofy my sides look in comparison to the density up top. Do you guys see what I mean? Do you think normies recognize this?

Here are some pics with toppik. I’d love honest opinions comparing this to my last hair cut.

Thanks

Attachments

• FCD4E419-64C7-4140-9EF8-6D5AD6C7C67B.jpeg
    FCD4E419-64C7-4140-9EF8-6D5AD6C7C67B.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 704
  • 45329C38-54BD-49CA-BC29-E076A1A14F08.jpeg
    45329C38-54BD-49CA-BC29-E076A1A14F08.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 713
Last edited: