My Pros & Cons of Drinking Minoxidil vs Tablets

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, my BP dropped a few points on sublingual without swallowing. My baseline systolic BP was consistently in the low 130's prior to OM and now it is consistently in the mid 120's (I measure at home a few times a week). Can't be sure 100% it is due to OM, but I haven't changed anything diet-wise so my assumption is that it's OM related.

Although not as bad as before, I still have some bags under the eyes and based on @Moz5x post in this thread I added Dandelion Root just yesterday in hopes that it will help with water retention.

hi sorry to hijack the thread but i'm intening to try the sublingual road aswell and wa wonering if it's a ossibility to let a loniten capule dissolve under the tongue to repliate that road? a guy on redit told me that the way capsule are coated in a way that would prevent the absorbtion that way is that true? thanks

Underdog

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi sorry to hijack the thread but i'm intening to try the sublingual road aswell and wa wonering if it's a ossibility to let a loniten capule dissolve under the tongue to repliate that road? a guy on redit told me that the way capsule are coated in a way that would prevent the absorbtion that way is that true? thanks
If you absolutely can't get the pill, is it a capsule that you can take apart which has powder inside? If so, and you have no other options you can try to take the powder sublingually but it's going to be a pain taking the capsule apart each time and getting the powder out. I have taken nootropic powder sublingually and it doesn't dissolve like a pill does and usually end up having to swallowing some.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you absolutely can't get the pill, is it a capsule that you can take apart which has powder inside? If so, and you have no other options you can try to take the powder sublingually but it's going to be a pain taking the capsule apart each time and getting the powder out. I have taken nootropic powder sublingually and it doesn't dissolve like a pill does and usually end up having to swallowing some.
thanks youvery much for your time . no it's a regular tablet jut like propecia that i can split and which has no powder inside . do you think i coul let the tablet dissolve under the tongue? i have no idea why this guy said it wouldnt work tho

Underdog

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we're talking about the same thing. You should be able to cut it if you need to reduce dosage and take it sublingually and it will dissolve. I do 1/4 10mg pill and it dissolves in 2-3 minutes. If yours has a coating it's going to be more difficult and all I can think of is to crush it first.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks do you have to swallow it after it has dissolve under the tongur? gonna try that today

Underdog

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks do you have to swallow it after it has dissolve under the tongur? gonna try that today
Should be nothing left to swallow. Just pinch it below your tongue and keep your tongue depressed down as best you can until no longer feel the pill. When first starting, have a look in the mirror after 2-3 minutes to see what's left.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks youvery much for your time . no it's a regular tablet jut like propecia that i can split and which has no powder inside . do you think i coul let the tablet dissolve under the tongue? i have no idea why this guy said it wouldnt work tho
Try asking a pharmacist/chemist if Loniten/generic oral min tablets have coatings that would prevent sublingual absorption. Usually enteric coated tablets will be identified as such in the name. My generic oral min 2.5mg tablets feel rough and dissolve relatively fast in about 2 minutes. Also if you get hypertrichosis (usually appears early in treatment) you’ll know it’s being properly converted to the active form.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try asking a pharmacist/chemist if Loniten/generic oral min tablets have coatings that would prevent sublingual absorption. Usually enteric coated tablets will be identified as such in the name. My generic oral min 2.5mg tablets feel rough and dissolve relatively fast in about 2 minutes. Also if you get hypertrichosis (usually appears early in treatment) you’ll know it’s being properly converted to the active form.
so getting hypertricjhosis on face or body means you have the sulfotransferase ? and that it is working for scalp hair?

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so getting hypertricjhosis on face or body means you have the sulfotransferase ? and that it is working for scalp hair?
Well, hypertrichosis would be an obvious sign it’s being converted to the active form somewhere in your body (liver, scalp, elsewhere?) since that side effect usually occurs early in a majority of people who take it. Whether it’s doing much for your scalp hair will remain to be seen until several months later. I’d say if you also eventually experience some heavy shedding (scalp hair) that would be another good sign it’s working.

Ideally, the best way to evaluate what’s happening to your scalp hair is by taking photos (under magnification) before and during treatment.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, hypertrichosis would be an obvious sign it’s being converted to the active form somewhere in your body (liver, scalp, elsewhere?) since that side effect usually occurs early in a majority of people who take it. Whether it’s doing much for your scalp hair will remain to be seen until several months later. I’d say if you also eventually experience some heavy shedding (scalp hair) that would be another good sign it’s working.

Ideally, the best way to evaluate what’s happening to your scalp hair is by taking photos (under magnification) before and during treatment.
thanks man, because if i remind dr pathmovich ( thailaind Doctor who use oral min) said in some patient they only get hypertrichosis and no scalp result. which sucks

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks man, because if i remind dr pathmovich ( thailaind Doctor who use oral min) said in some patient they only get hypertrichosis and no scalp result. which sucks
Yes I do recall reading that from him. He and Dr Sinclair probably have the most experience with low dose oral min for hairloss. Interestingly, the more recent studies on LDOM from Europe and North America always seem to have very high response rates. But there’s always a chance I guess that one could be a non responder.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not getting really bad racoon eyes anymore, but I just look tired as sh*t on topical minoxidil. On sublingual minoxidil it has no effect whatsoever on my face.
I'm only worried that it's "too good to be true" and i don't get racoon eyes/ tired face because it's not working.
That being said. I think I will go back on sublingual only.
My appearance is very important to me, it would not make sense to walk around looking tired all the time.

I have oral minoxidil in capsules. I break them apart, and it's powder, it dissolves (unlike the liquid minoxidil) failry quickly
Liquid minoxidil does not dissolve at all and i have to spit it out. Although it loses it's taste after 4/5 minutes.

Does anyone already have succes with ONLY sublingual minoxidil?
So without topical and without swallowing?

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay aftee today taking the powder under my tongue, I almost never felt worse in my life.
Rapid heartbeat, super tired, headache and i fainted and am nauxious as well.

My Heartbeat is still +140 pm.
It was 180 at one point... Only seems worse.

Don't know what to do now.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay aftee today taking the powder under my tongue, I almost never felt worse in my life.
Rapid heartbeat, super tired, headache and i fainted and am nauxious as well.

My Heartbeat is still +140 pm.
It was 180 at one point... Only seems worse.

Don't know what to do now.
How much did you take?

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A 5MG capsule. Broke it up and let it sit under my tongue without swallowing.
In an earlier post you mentioned taking the liquid equivalent of 5mg sublingually and having no issues. I guess this shows that taking liquid equivalent sublingually isn’t quite the same in terms of absorption? Since you fainted (hope you’re ok) perhaps take a break from the experimentation for a few days. Wouldn’t want to have anyone injure themselves on Christmas due to hairloss lol.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In an earlier post you mentioned taking the liquid equivalent of 5mg sublingually and having no issues. I guess this shows that taking liquid equivalent sublingually isn’t quite the same in terms of absorption? Since you fainted (hope you’re ok) perhaps take a break from the experimentation for a few days. Wouldn’t want to have anyone injure themselves on Christmas due to hairloss lol.
Yeah I think we can state that liquid minoxidil is working A LOT different than oral sublingual.

I will probably not try this again or maybe in 0.5 mg dosage.
Weird thing is, i have no Racoon eyes anymore.
But i started to vomit like crazy. Would not recommend.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I think we can state that liquid minoxidil is working A LOT different than oral sublingual.

I will probably not try this again or maybe in 0.5 mg dosage.
Weird thing is, i have no Racoon eyes anymore.
But i started to vomit like crazy. Would not recommend.
so putting the drop under the tongue is different from taking the real sublingual product you think? sorry to ask

i'm trying to reach dr bhoyrul ( as i'm pretty sure he speaks french aswell)who mde the video about sublingual min to see if there is way to get some sublingual min for someone in europe or the us

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so putting the drop under the tongue is different from taking the real sublingual product you think? sorry to ask

i'm trying to reach dr bhoyrul ( as i'm pretty sure he speaks french aswell)who mde the video about sublingual min to see if there is way to get some sublingual min for someone in europe or the us
Yes it's definitely different. I could put 15mg under my tongue without getting ANY sides with liquid.
5mg from the capsules and my heart rate is still +120..

Would be great if you can reach them. I know a derm in Mexico city (where i am right now) makes it, but I wonder why, because I don't think there's any information being released on the formulation.

Also, they only have 0.4mg, which is very weak.