My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not sure if trolling me.........

the threads i read were years old. from hlh. i dont remember them exactly. but it was def ell cranell

No trolling, fella! I just meant that those reports might be similar to the imaginary pumpkin side effects.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
No trolling, fella! I just meant that those reports may be similar to the guy who imagined pumpkin sides.

lol no worries.

i dunno man. its been a while since i read those old threads but there were a lot of guys complaining of sides much worse than finasteride.

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol no worries.

i dunno man. its been a while since i read those old threads but there were a lot of guys complaining of sides much worse than finasteride.

My personal anecdote on this: I practically washed my scalp every day with a tweaked version of the commercial alfatradiol. Used the double of the standard % for months. Guess what? Nothing, of course. Ultra-low doses of finasteride, on the other hand, were perceivable in a matter of 10 days!

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
My personal anecdote on this: I practically washed my scalp every day with a tweaked version of the commercial alfatradiol. Used the double of the standard % for months. Guess what? Nothing, of course. Ultra-low doses of finasteride, on the other hand, were perceivable in a matter of 10 days!

no sides on the alfa? but did it help your hair loss?

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My experiment isn't over yet, I just relapsed when started the real stuff. Finn is so powerful (to my particular tamponic physiology, may I add) that I'm kind of getting lazy to make the tweaked alfa. It started to seem pointless. It feels like you're just using a hydro-alcoholic vehicle on your head.

The only reason that makes me prone to resume the tweaked alfa is that many people use (standard) alfa for like, two or three months and drop it because of no results ( hey @stachu ). My view of it is that if it does something, you'll likely never know. I think it may give you a veeeeery subtle slow-down, but you'll never be able to properly accesses that effect. So, in other words....weak sh*t !

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another problem is that where I live that sh*t is very expensive. Doubling the concentration is more than the double of the cost. So...to be honest I think I won't be using it indefinitely.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another problem is that where I live that sh*t is very expensive. Doubling the concentration is more than the double of the cost. So...to be honest I think I won't be using it indefinitely.

man im just looking for maintenance/slowing down of hair loss. i dont care about regrowth anymore. i dont want no heavy duty hormone sh*t. if it helps slow sh*t down and doesnt kill my dick ill be happy

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man im just looking for maintenance/slowing down of hair loss. i dont care about regrowth anymore. i dont want no heavy duty hormone sh*t. if it helps slow sh*t down and doesnt kill my dick ill be happy

Ever tried microdosing finn? (ooppsss, sorry to hijack the thread zix guys, will stop! :rolleyes: )

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
My experiment isn't over yet, I just relapsed when started the real stuff. Finn is so powerful (to my particular tamponic physiology, may I add) that I'm kind of getting lazy to make the tweaked alfa. It started to seem pointless. It feels like you're just using a hydro-alcoholic vehicle on your head.

The only reason that makes me prone to resume the tweaked alfa is that many people use (standard) alfa for like, two or three months and drop it because of no results ( hey @stachu ). My view of it is that if it does something, you'll likely never know. I think it may give you a veeeeery subtle slow-down, but you'll never be able to properly accesses that effect. So, in other words....weak sh*t !

Cosmo used 1% in their CB-03-01 study and observed improvements.

2879_image164.jpg

That is 40 times more potent than the commercial alfatradiol preparations. Weak sh*t indeed.

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cosmo used 1% in their CB-03-01 study and observed improvements.

2879_image164.jpg

That is 40 times more potent than the commercial alfatradiol preparations. Weak sh*t indeed.

This. Thanks, @whatevr . That's exactly why I said a while ago that compounded versions might be the real deal. The commercial ones are expensive as f*** to DIY tweaked versions that strong. My last plan with that sh*t is to try to get a strong and affordable compounded version.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
This. Thanks, @whatevr . That's exactly why I said a while ago that compounded versions might be the real deal. The commercial ones are expensive as f*** to DIY tweaked versions that strong. My last plan with that sh*t is to try to get a strong and affordable compounded version.

Yes but where will you find a supplier who would sell you pure alfatradiol powder? The only place I found is Alibaba from China and who knows what they sell.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Just made an order and will join the experiment too soon enough. I just find it hard that zinc and b6 can work together to combat male pattern baldness but def worth a try. Thanks for sharing your exerience Worm!

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Also Worm I read that your convinced that finasteride stopped your hair loss which assumably should mean that zix is somehow working now. But maybe as you become older you produce less dht or something like that? More likely tho it seems that it have some sort of effect, since it also stops the itching. I have some questions though if you dont mind:
From a scale from 1-10 based on your experience how confident are you that zix has stopped your hair loss?
And have you experienced any definite regrowth when using it?
And how is male pattern baldness in your family, is it agressive? both in mother and father side etc?

Sry if you already answer this questions haven't read all the post.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also Worm I read that your convinced that finasteride stopped your hair loss which assumably should mean that zix is somehow working now. But maybe as you become older you produce less dht or something like that? More likely tho it seems that it have some sort of effect, since it also stops the itching. I have some questions though if you dont mind:
From a scale from 1-10 based on your experience how confident are you that zix has stopped your hair loss?
And have you experienced any definite regrowth when using it?
And how is male pattern baldness in your family, is it agressive? both in mother and father side etc?

Sry if you already answer this questions haven't read all the post.

Valid question. My dad was bald, and so was my uncle on my mom's side. So there is definitely a bald gene running through my genes. I was losing tons of hair and my Dr/derm said I was experiencing male pattern baldness. I eventually tried finasteride after about a year of fretting about it. Things majorly stabilized and went back to normal. Effectively I had never suffered any significant loss of hair as the hair I lost mostly regrew on finasteride.

7 years later, i stopped taking finasteride, and the shedding resumed. I was losing well over 200+ hairs just shaking my hair out in the sink. My hair noticeably thinned over a few months. In the meantime I was trying different remedies, and had one using minoxidil that regrew all of it. But it was laden things that I believe had the minoxidil go systemic and started causing some worrisome sides, heart and eyesight. I stopped, shedding and itch returned. It was shortly after tried zix. I had read about it, and thought this could work as I had crazy itching. Sure enough it did.

I wouldnt say it regrew hair as opposed to stopped it from falling out. The net result is I've managed to maintain most of the hair I had back then. It hasn't been perfect, and I've thinned and receded some, but for 39 I think I'm up there and it doesn't look like I'm conclusively balding. That to me is 100% attributable to zix.

Reactions: br1

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Many thanks pal! I will try this out and share my experience here also. It seems you are happy with ur current state of hair, but I can recommend spironolactone for regrowth or you could try low % minoxidil. Like 1 mg/ ml just dilute it 1:50 with distalled water.
I believe when you experience sides with a treatment, than theres a probability that you are also sensitive to the target effect, which suggest that your therapeutic window is just at lower doses. Def worth a try.

Last edited:

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but where will you find a supplier who would sell you pure alfatradiol powder? The only place I found is Alibaba from China and who knows what they sell.

I was actually referring to compounding pharmacies. It's quite easy to get a prescription for a custom version. It may be not so easy to get one for a much higher % , but that's something that can be figured out. Well, we can always test the chinese sourced one. Anyways, let's move to a proper thread lol !!

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zix has stopped my scalp itch. The only issue is I legitimately get 'brain fog' when I apply it. I've never taken Finasteride, so I don't know if it's the same effect. I've even lowered the Ethyl levels on this batch, and still feel it.

My current batch is:
40 ml distilled water
~3ml ethyl
220 mgs zinc sulfate
150 mgs of b6.

Basically, after applying it. I can this slight, dull headache... like the start of a cold, and it goes away after an hour or so. Maybe my next batch I'll try to completely remove the Ethyl and see if that's the issue. I think Zix does lower scalp DHT, but your brain also uses that DHT and that may be where the headache comes from. Right now, I believe my formulation is basically the original Zix, but that did not contain Ethyl... so I'll give that a try in my next batch and see if it's the Ethyl that's causing it.

On the plus side, my scalp itch is basically non-existent at this moment. It comes and goes sometimes though, but that may be more due to the fact that if I don't have the itch... I sometimes go days without applying Zix (because of the mild headache).

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zix has stopped my scalp itch. The only issue is I legitimately get 'brain fog' when I apply it. I've never taken Finasteride, so I don't know if it's the same effect. I've even lowered the Ethyl levels on this batch, and still feel it.

My current batch is:
40 ml distilled water
~3ml ethyl
220 mgs zinc sulfate
150 mgs of b6.

Basically, after applying it. I can this slight, dull headache... like the start of a cold, and it goes away after an hour or so. Maybe my next batch I'll try to completely remove the Ethyl and see if that's the issue. I think Zix does lower scalp DHT, but your brain also uses that DHT and that may be where the headache comes from. Right now, I believe my formulation is basically the original Zix, but that did not contain Ethyl... so I'll give that a try in my next batch and see if it's the Ethyl that's causing it.

On the plus side, my scalp itch is basically non-existent at this moment. It comes and goes sometimes though, but that may be more due to the fact that if I don't have the itch... I sometimes go days without applying Zix (because of the mild headache).

Well good to hear, sounds like its working too well. :) you only use 3ml of ethyl? And only 220 mg zinc?