My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ur overthinking it. zix is all broscience baby. only reason it might work is from the zinc, u can use multiple types of topical zinc for the same effect. stop stressing bb
Thanks haha, but not sure why this thread is now dead, wasn't Zix super successful? I'm on page 40 reading it all now.

Just nervous about Zinc going systematic, read a few people getting sides, if I do 2ml a day, what is that in mg per day. I put 3 capsules in.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use 99% Ethyl alcohol. Worm said its fine. I'm going to use more than 15mls though for hopefully better absorption
Hows it going for you using Zix, you using Zinc alone? Is p6 an ingredient not being used anymore?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hows it going for you using Zix, you using Zinc alone? Is p6 an ingredient not being used anymore?

I started about 3 months ago, I was using just distilled water no ethyl alcohol which wasn't effective, since adding alcohol shedding has started decreasing. I'm going to up the ratio of ethyl alcohol / distilled water to 1:1. I might just use Zinc in future and drop the B6 , all trial and error

Rasher90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update for those interested. I think I actually got a stomach virus and my symptoms were stemming from that and not the zinc. Even still I’m continuing with a lower dose. There’s been no change in my hairloss, zinc is still doing it’s job for me. Although, I’m still interested in figuring out whether zinc could have some adverse effect so I’ll be having a blood panel done. I’ll update when the results return and be more detailed.

Rasher90

My Regimen
Reaction score
So annoying no one here replies or takes this sh1t serious anymore, literally trying everything and asking questions and I cant even get a genuine reply anymore. Followed some previous advice and was linked to the wrong god damn ethyl alcohol.

Like genuinely, can I get some help here.
The reason less people are replying is because you’re flooding the thread with questions. The best advice I can give you is to begin figuring this out yourself. There’s enough information in this thread for you to work with. No one here is doing the exact same thing because no one has an immediate and concrete solution. If they did, these threads wouldn’t exist. I’m not trying to put you down but unfortunately in this game, you’re mostly on your own. People here will help you to a point but if you ask too many questions then you’ll begin being ignored. It’s harsh but it’s true. I’ll do you the courtesy of answering some of your questions now but again, I’d advise slowing down in the thread and thinking for yourself. Sometimes less is more.

Spent 20 minutes reading, got up to page 21, did not find any of the above answers.

- Could not see if I can mix Zix with other solutions, at all.... and if so, what and how?
- Ehtyl Alcohol, is 99.8% okay?
- Can I put it on after Microneedling?
- Does it regrow or just maintain?
1. mix your alcohol with propylene glycol. The ratio is 70/30. 70% of your solution should consist of alcohol and 30% should consist of propylene glycol. That is the base/medium for the zinc.
2. Yes ethyl alcohol is fine.
3. Personally I’d advise doing this, my experience is that my scalp feels most healthy after microneedling, as I’d imagine the zinc gets exactly where it needs to go. Yes it stings a lot initially, that’s the zinc irritating the skin briefly. Imo, the stinging signifies zinc getting to work.
4. Maintainence and regrowth is case dependant, meaning it might help you maintain, it might cause your hair to regrow, or it might do absolutely nothing for you. Likelihood is, if zinc gets rid of the itchiness on your scalp, zinc is working.
These are my perspectives and my experience, so therefore I’d advise not taking everything I say (or anyone in this thread) as absolute truth, as everyone’s experience is different, and you need to discover what works for you.

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I just micro needled, then applied Zix after, literally the itch is crazy, I guess its not a good idea to microneedle then apply Zix? Any thoughts as to why? Is it the alcohol?
Micro needle once a week then apply minoxidil twice a day wait an hour then apply zix twice a day . Take finasteride daily . Simple !

DraterToggaf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks haha, but not sure why this thread is now dead, wasn't Zix super successful? I'm on page 40 reading it all now.

Just nervous about Zinc going systematic, read a few people getting sides, if I do 2ml a day, what is that in mg per day. I put 3 capsules in.
lmao anyone claiming to get sides from zix is delusional. it's f*****g zinc dude UGH

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup needle is one of the best things against the male pattern baldness my scalp feels f*cking alive using that tool

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started about 3 months ago, I was using just distilled water no ethyl alcohol which wasn't effective, since adding alcohol shedding has started decreasing. I'm going to up the ratio of ethyl alcohol / distilled water to 1:1. I might just use Zinc in future and drop the B6 , all trial and error
Ah so youre using B6 in yours?

Im actually on holiday right now and wasn't planning on writing, but I brought my solution, Zinc and Distilled water. It's a bit depressing for me, it really is, I Just applied my solution, and no joke, I would say 50 hairs came out. Makes me really depressed if I am honest with you.

Makes me wonder if I should just shave it.

How long should you give each solution a go to see if it is working or not? Do you think me having 99.8% ethyl alcohol would be okay to add?

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason less people are replying is because you’re flooding the thread with questions. The best advice I can give you is to begin figuring this out yourself. There’s enough information in this thread for you to work with. No one here is doing the exact same thing because no one has an immediate and concrete solution. If they did, these threads wouldn’t exist. I’m not trying to put you down but unfortunately in this game, you’re mostly on your own. People here will help you to a point but if you ask too many questions then you’ll begin being ignored. It’s harsh but it’s true. I’ll do you the courtesy of answering some of your questions now but again, I’d advise slowing down in the thread and thinking for yourself. Sometimes less is more.

1. mix your alcohol with propylene glycol. The ratio is 70/30. 70% of your solution should consist of alcohol and 30% should consist of propylene glycol. That is the base/medium for the zinc.
2. Yes ethyl alcohol is fine.
3. Personally I’d advise doing this, my experience is that my scalp feels most healthy after microneedling, as I’d imagine the zinc gets exactly where it needs to go. Yes it stings a lot initially, that’s the zinc irritating the skin briefly. Imo, the stinging signifies zinc getting to work.
4. Maintainence and regrowth is case dependant, meaning it might help you maintain, it might cause your hair to regrow, or it might do absolutely nothing for you. Likelihood is, if zinc gets rid of the itchiness on your scalp, zinc is working.
These are my perspectives and my experience, so therefore I’d advise not taking everything I say (or anyone in this thread) as absolute truth, as everyone’s experience is different, and you need to discover what works for you.
Hey man, thanks for the reply, and good to hear your feeling better. What symptoms did you have that you thought it was the Zinc?

I am flooding the forum with questions, you are right. In person, im a pretty chilled guy, but im finding this whole hair loss and shedding thing very very difficult. Currently on holiday, and I just don't look the way I use to, in fact I brought my zix and applied it and i would say 50 hairs fell out. It's depressing. How do i know when Zix is working, 2 weeks, more or what?

Regarding your answers (thanks), I want to ask a few questions.
1. What on earh is Propylene glycol, this is literally the first time anyone has mentioned that?
2. Yeah, but apparenlty it needs to be 70% ethyl alcohol, 99.8% is fine, and if I use that, I do not need to use your propylene glycol right, again, I have no idea what that is.
3. I thought the stinging was the alcohol, since then i have removed the alcohol from my solutoin and am only doing the Zinc plus Distilled water solution, you think thats a good place to start?
4. Okay, sounds good, how many times a day should I apply?

If you can elaborate a bit more that would be fantastic, and thanks! Really struggling here tbh.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you apply zix after, does yours contain the Ethyl solution, because god damn it hurt.

What zix are you using?

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@smeagle

BTW Its a free world, so feel free to carry on.

0*zPhFHTIuZh3MBpbV

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fck dude, stop spamming the thread. Most if not all your questions are answered multiple time in this thread. Try reading it first and don't expect to be spoon fed. This zoomer generation man...
Thats not f*kn true, I spent 2 hours and got to page 70! Writing notes, not one god damn peson mentioned Propylene glycol... literally, so that's news to my ears which I am going to ask more info about.

I don't want to be spoon fed, ive done and made three zix solutions already, however, I WILL ASK QUESTIONS to better my solution and figure this out. I am literally in a depressive state from hair loss, over 100 hairs fell out today. Its not normal.

DraterToggaf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats not f*kn true, I spent 2 hours and got to page 70! Writing notes, not one god damn peson mentioned Propylene glycol... literally, so that's news to my ears which I am going to ask more info about.

I don't want to be spoon fed, ive done and made three zix solutions already, however, I WILL ASK QUESTIONS to better my solution and figure this out. I am literally in a depressive state from hair loss, over 100 hairs fell out today. Its not normal.
zix isn't gonna do much, sorry bro. use finasteride, an AA like bica/ru, and/or minoxidil. if you don't start actual treatments soon you will regret it

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like this question is obvious - but if this really was effective, wouldn't someone package this and sell it? Not a bunch of guys on a forum crafting it in their kitchen. I don't mean this in a negative sense more genuine curiosity.