New Regime: Stemox|minoxidil|ru|oral Castor|other Oils

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have split my remaining ~1.4 grams of RU into two bottles of minoxidil, one of which was slightly used.

Thus, over the next 4 months I should be averaging ~12 mg/day of RU, along with 1 ml of 5% minoxidil. I will need to order new RU by March, and hopefully that will be the last RU I ever order, as 2018 looks to be a good year for hair loss sufferers.

so dave youve been on this for about a year and a half right?

are you above baseline?

have you noticed any sides at all in this period?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
so dave youve been on this for about a year and a half right?

are you above baseline?

have you noticed any sides at all in this period?

I've noticed no sides, and you can see my pics throughout this thread, some on page 1 and some on page 5.

Summary: major diffuse thinning on top, good donor area, receded hairline, temples are under siege.

Crown is perfect but it's the least important thing in my opinion.

Here's a few more from five minutes ago. I got a bad haircut five days ago, 1 on the sides and 2 on top.
IMG_20171111_193927.jpg
IMG_20171111_193828.jpg
IMG_20171111_193815.jpg
IMG_20171111_194253.jpg

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have split my remaining ~1.4 grams of RU into two bottles of minoxidil, one of which was slightly used.

Thus, over the next 4 months I should be averaging ~12 mg/day of RU, along with 1 ml of 5% minoxidil. I will need to order new RU by March, and hopefully that will be the last RU I ever order, as 2018 looks to be a good year for hair loss sufferers.

So, it's not even 5% RU ?
And for 2018, too early.
Between 2019 and 2021 there will be real treatments, not before. Keep it up with RU

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Careful about what kind of "high and tight" hair cut you adopt these days, radical leftists could see you as a racist!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/eric-trump-new-haircut_us_59510e33e4b05c37bb77c880

I'm currently doing what you suggest since I want my surgeon to be able to tell where he should place the new grafts to make my hair look denser and better overall (in addition to fixing my nearly slick bald crown).

And I have to say, I'm always stunned by how a seemingly diffuse head of hair (when shaved down) can look quite OK grown out. At least until you stand under bright lights :p.

It's funny how many newbies will buzz their hair very short and complain about diffusing. Then they come back a few months later with their hair grown out and look completely normal.

There's something about Eric Trump's face that makes him look like a goon.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep it longer on top and that diffuse look will be hidden. Sides look smart being trimmed right down, it's fashionable and makes the top look better. There's some loss above your temple points which makes the hairline look a little more receded than it is. Overall, a pretty good position to be in as long as you stick to the treatments and look into future ones/FUE. Native hair is vital!

Some (weak) options for me:

- Add a second daily serving of minoxidil, say by applying 5% foam at night. I don't know if that does anything.
- Pick up some zinc and castor oil cream to tackle the PGE2 / 5ar angle at a modest level.
- I've also thought of dissolving cayenne pepper or some other stimulating products into my minoxidil.

It's not very promising really. Sensitivity to side effects makes it very difficult to tackle hair loss.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you thought about derma rolling with Minoxidil? Not for further absorption but it has a synergistic effect with growth through it's own mechanism - well that's what a new study showed. The groups consisted of minoxidil v minoxidil and Derma Rolling v Derma Rolling. Castor oil is a good option too. I think an FUE for the frontal area of 3k grafts would make all these problems disappear. You might be able to get by until your 50s on FUE and Minoxidil to keep a pretty full head of hair. Later it might look just like some natural loss. I'd look into your donor capacity. Biggest issue is you can't take finasteride. RU is quite a task to get hold off and perhaps expensive/unproven.

I could try derma rolling. Wasn't that topic banned on this website a while back because some morons were bleeding themselves, or something? If you can recommend a good roller, and a good instruction manual, I'll just start doing it once a week.

I can afford an FUE but due to my working-class ubnringing I'm holding onto my money for dear life. $10,000 would be a significant fraction of my savings, and I'm now on a 3-year contract. Next year I apply for jobs for the year after that, if I get a good job I'll schedule an FUE transplant. A while back we discussed my aesthetic options, what I ended up doing was Invisalign, I've got 6-12 more months of that. There's no magic wand that can rank the different treatment options in terms of total expected impact.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree about the following:

That 14000 hairs on top is nothing, at least on me.

But I'll need to let it grow a little longer to confirm, and of course go through my second hair transplant.

Only the other day, my girlfriend's mother who has no idea about me having had a hair transplant or even having hair problems complemented me on my hair, that the fact that it was grown out looked good.

It was a family dinner and I was like "yeah, my hair, it's complicated". So complicated that since April, my girlfriend has not been able to explain to her parents that I was going to get a second hair transplant.

My girlfriend also confirmed several times that before I came out of the closet so to speak, she had never noticed that there was anything wrong with my hair during the 10 months that we were dating.

And I know what your justification will be: they're all lying to make you feel better. Well, no, not my girlfriend, tell her to her face that she's being dishonest and she'll tear you to pieces, and rightfully so.

Anyway, all this to say that you're wrong in that aspect: many people just won't notice that there's anything wrong with my hair because they just don't think like us.

You're really quite the character, and one have to wonder why you just won't let go of some of your partially flawed interpretations about the world and looks in particular. And why do you believe that people will be purposefully trying to deceive as part of a sneaky power play.

I think that normal people don't consciously notice a NW2 or NW3 at all, however, their subconscious notices.

If the money's not an issue for you, then you're doing the right thing.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it was an autodiagnosis and I was wrong about it. I'm not bipolar. I just have a personality make-up that makes me more prone to negative emotions, which can have its advantages, like panicking early enough over hair loss, even though my case was so aggressive that medication couldn't do much.

I'm a very orderly person so I inevitably have a mild OCD that can be amplified when it comes to my face (acne, hair loss).

I just don't have anxiety and depression. My track record at work proves that: I've been sick only 4 days in almost 2 years and it was due to mononucleosis. If I a truly had a genetic anxiety and / or depression problem, there's no way I could function as efficiently as I do, especially since I have quite a busy life.

I don't promote my solution as a panacea, I've said this many times now. It worked for me to an extent, and that's the truth. I know most people wouldn't be satisfied with my head of hair.

And you're giving me the "I have received many messages from cowardly people who are too afraid to engage you so they come whining to me" again. Yeah, that's how I read it. And somehow you think that it's a powerful argument.

And their viewpoint is not worth much since they don't share it publicly and would probably not even be able to defend it properly. "People who think the same have told me the same." Well that's hardly surprising since they think the same.

What do you wish to achieve at this point in a futile debate? I'm not arguing with you or trying to present a "powerful argument" against you.

These people don't directly engage you about this because they see it as a waste of time and sensitive matter. I've told you what the issue is, 2k grafts on a bald head as some sort of magic cure - that's how you've written mostly about it over the years. It's not something most people can relate to. Personally I don't find it motivating at all let alone life changing. That's the crux of the issue. I can't relate to what you say here and it's almost akin to slybaldguys. My girlfriend said this, her mother said that, doesn't change the matter. Your situation to me is a tough one hair wise.

I meant people who have similar views to me and others who pm'd me, yet didn't say anything directly.

I've discussed the issue of mental illnesses with my therapist recently, as well as the DSM-V which she is not too enthusiastic about it. Her view, which is not one that I would expect from a mental health professional, is that most of the population has a mental illness given the vast plethora of definitions in the DSM. Given that it may be that you're both mentally ill as well, using the official definitions.

There is some validity to this in that we're all a little crazy, but there's a problem in that it's almost certainly a push by the pharmaceutical companies to sell more pills (OMG a conspiracy theory !!!). FWIW, her view is to just understand people and treat them.

I don't need you guys to remove your posts, but stop the derailment please. I think that you two have some personal history from issues I either never knew or don't remember. That happens. But it will look like noise to people wanting a regimen like mine.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that's perfect. Don't forget to get some surgical strength alcohol to disinfect before and after use. That's the right size. You may want some tattoo numbing cream depending on your pain threshold. I've used 1.5 mm which is the right size but also gone up to 3 mm just to experiment. It is painful at that point and I used lidocaine spray (since I'm medical easy to get) to numb the pain a little. My gf rolled me with that, I need to stick to it regularly though.

How's this for numbing alcohol?

https://www.amazon.com/MEDca-Alcoho...10784265&sr=1-4&keywords=disinfecting+alcohol

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll be starting this today and doing it once per week as per the suggestion of @Wolf Pack . I'll roll it in different directions for a few minutes until my skin is slightly red, then apply alcohol, then aloe vera I guess. I'll focus on the part in front of the hairline and the hairline itself, with a bit of attention to the rest of the head.
IMG_20171125_091841.jpg

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have some lovely regrowth! I’m so happy for you! How do you find the RU? I’m wanting to get some but am as yet unsure. Did you get a shed? Thanks!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have some lovely regrowth! I’m so happy for you! How do you find the RU? I’m wanting to get some but am as yet unsure. Did you get a shed? Thanks!

My hair is kept too short for me to notice sheds.

I get my RU from thekaneshop, but for you I'd recommend adding only one major ingredient at a time.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

I get my RU from thekaneshop, but for you I'd recommend adding only one major ingredient at a time.
I was thinking about buying the premade

I was thinking of getting the 5% premade solution and holding off on the dutas for now because I feel like it may be too much for female hormones, plus I’m scared of the raise in test that dutas creates, which may (I’ve heard) made the whole dht situation worse. Do you think the RU has been a good investment?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

I was thinking of getting the 5% premade solution and holding off on the dutas for now because I feel like it may be too much for female hormones, plus I’m scared of the raise in test that dutas creates, which may (I’ve heard) made the whole dht situation worse. Do you think the RU has been a good investment?
I think @Afro_Vacancy is right. If you add too many things at once, you lose control of what is good and bad for you. I used RU for six months and it went well. Then it stopped working. BUT I added so much sh*t at the same time that it may even be that it somehow was contrasted by something else I was using.
Having said that, this very forum gives an indication for anageninc to buy RU.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think @Afro_Vacancy is right. If you add too many things at once, you lose control of what is good and bad for you. I used RU for six months and it went well. Then it stopped working. BUT I added so much sh*t at the same time that it may even be that it somehow was contrasted by something else I was using.
Having said that, this very forum gives an indication for anageninc to buy RU.
Hmmm you’re right. But I was also thinking of stopping avodart because I am scared that increasing my free test levels may worsen my situation. I’m also shedding like a 200+ hairs a day. Scary sh*t. Just ordered a Zix pack.. maybe that will do something positive but I feel as though I need more of an anti androgen. When it comes to tinkering wiTh hormones though it’s so hard. Gah! I have heard that RU loses its effectiveness after a while. I’m sorry to hear that was the case with you. Maybe I won’t buy it. What other topicals are good?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

RU has been a good investment, though I can't be sure as I started that and minoxidil at the same time.

I cannot use 5alpha inhibitors as I have some of the side effects (low sex drive, brain fog, depression) without even being on the drugs. That is why I use a different drug.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU has been a good investment, though I can't be sure as I started that and minoxidil at the same time.

I cannot use 5alpha inhibitors as I have some of the side effects (low sex drive, brain fog, depression) without even being on the drugs. That is why I use a different drug.
Well I have ordered the Zix formula stuff and may just see how that goes for a while. I will keep you posted. I read good things about it, and natural makes me feel way better about using it.