Oarf11's Story -(Update 3 months on finasteride/nizoral!)

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm about to rehost my pics then put them all in 1 post. Should be only be a few more minutes...

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are my pics from 11/12/09 until 4/16/10

11/12/09
Hair6.jpg

Hair7.jpg

Hair9.jpg

Hair1.jpg

Hair2.jpg

Hair3.jpg

Hair4.jpg

Hair5.jpg

1/24/10
Topview3.jpg

Topview2.jpg

Rightside.jpg

Rightside3.jpg

Rightside2.jpg

Crownone.jpg

3/3/10
Back3-3-1.jpg

Leftside3-3-1.jpg

Leftside23-3-1.jpg

Rightside3-3-1.jpg

Top3-3-1.jpg

Top-back3-3-2.jpg

4/1/10...longer hair...4-5 weeks since haircut
3-316.jpg

3-317.jpg

3-311.jpg

3-312.jpg

3-313.jpg

3-314.jpg

3-315.jpg

4/16/10
Swirl4-16.jpg

top4-16.jpg

Leftside4-16.jpg

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
To me, it looks pretty much the same all the way through.

Would love to hear your honest opinions and advice though. Thanks!

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
ok nvm, apparently websites don't appear on here?

Can anyone recommend web sites to get reasonably priced minoxidil from?

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I am 100% convinced, based on the pictures, that the hair on the sides of your head don't grow "down", but instead grow "out" like on the top of your head. Combine this with generally thin hair and you appear to be balding, but you aren't.

I wouldn't order any minoxidil and just stay on the finasteride for now. Maybe you could grow your hair out a little on the sides and see how it starts to look then and compare the density to the other areas of your head.

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
I am 100% convinced, based on the pictures, that the hair on the sides of your head don't grow "down", but instead grow "out" like on the top of your head. Combine this with generally thin hair and you appear to be balding, but you aren't.

I wouldn't order any minoxidil and just stay on the finasteride for now. Maybe you could grow your hair out a little on the sides and see how it starts to look then and compare the density to the other areas of your head.
The thing is though, I don't ever remember having that thinner band on the sides/back of my head prior to this summer. Actually, that's not entirely true. The hair on the right side of my head actually did grow more outward (as opposed to down) like you describe, but it wasn't to the degree it is now.

Is it possible that my hair has just changed? Not necessarily from hair loss, but just that my hair on the other side and the back has started to grow out instead of down. Anyone ever hear of this?

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
5 months on finasteride. Hair is looking the same...perhaps a little thinner in the back, but I'm not positive.

I'm trying to fight the temptation to get minoxidil now. I'm trying to hold out for at least 8 months though. It's tough to do though when I think that it might help me.

Honestly, the worst part about this sh*t is the uncertainty? Will my hair recover? Will it get worse, or did it simply just change? Sometimes I'd rather just shave my dome and rock the hell out of that look :punk:

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of NFL QB Tim Tebow, who as far as I can tell in most pics, is not balding.

Is his hair similar to mine?
tebowheisman.JPG

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
These were taken 5/27, the day after I got a haircut. It's cut short.
I'd almost rather just shave my head than have random openings. They just piss me off when I catch them in a reflection.

5-27back.jpg

5-27leftside.jpg

5-27leftside2.jpg

5-27rightside.jpg

5-27rightside2.jpg

5-27swirl.jpg

5-27topright.jpg

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair still basically looks the same. No sign of improvement now 7 months on finasteride. I'm wondering if I should start minoxidil or not?? Would I be better off trying saw palmetto/biotin first though before I move to something more permanent like minoxidil? I'd rather still keep that as a last resort.

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
Have you tried growing it out some and letting it get a bit longer, seeing how it looks then?
I've always had fine hair, and it just doesn't look any good when it's long.

Also, when my hair gets really long (around 8 weeks after a haircut), it just doesn't look right in the problem areas because you can still tell there is a difference in the density of my hair.