killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Treatment of hair loss: external diclofenac plus oral castor oil
Two people agreed with the article
Read for you
1 minute
2020611 source of updated literature: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2673750/
A kind of
I don't recommend it, but diclofenac and castor oil may have fewer side effects than finasteride.
This is just my thought: external use of diclofenac can reduce PGD2 and PGE2 in the scalp. We know that PGD2 is harmful to scalp hair, but PGE2 is good for the scalp. How to use diclofenac for external use without reducing PGE2? The solution is to add PGE2. PGE2 is expensive. Castor oil is similar to PGE2. It is a little difficult to use castor oil for external use. The main reason is that the molecular weight of castor oil is more than 900. The scalp hardly absorbs it. Oral castor oil may also be effective. How do you judge the effectiveness of oral administration? Purchase edible castor oil, take 5ml every time, twice a day. See if your beard or hair grows faster. At present, according to what I have learned, oral castor oil has the following effects:
① There is an oral minoxidil in a foreign post, and then oral minoxidil brings wrinkles and dark circles to those foreign hair friends. Then they take castor oil, and they notice that minoxidil reduces the wrinkles on their skin.
② It is good for hair to take castor oil orally.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2673750/

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
If this kind of regimen worked, people wouldn't still be taking Finasteride.

Prostaglandins in general haven't shown to be that promising. Especially not with such ghetto things like castor oil and diclofenac.

Maybe Fevipiprant / TM30089 orally plus actual PGE2 applied to the scalp would net some modest results.

NiN

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding the molecular weight.
ChemHead Post #77
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-made-my-hair-grow-back-thicker.106598/page-4

Yes, ricinoleic acid comes from castor oil. Some people use castor oil, but I put aqueous NaOH in my castor oil to hydrolyze the triglycerides in castor oil. This frees the ricinoleic acid (which is what causes the increase in aromatase by binding the prostanoid receptors E1-E4... whichever of them it actually binds). If you just use the castor oil on it's own you're relying on your body to hydrolyze the triglycerides. I remove that step to make it easier to penetrate the scalp since it's a smaller molecule... and my body doesn't have to do any work once it's in there. It's already ricinoleic acid.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will use dic2% twice a day.and drink co 5ml twice a day .get it twe mouths to work

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If this kind of regimen worked, people wouldn't still be taking Finasteride.

Prostaglandins in general haven't shown to be that promising. Especially not with such ghetto things like castor oil and diclofenac.

Maybe Fevipiprant / TM30089 orally plus actual PGE2 applied to the scalp would net some modest results.
Heard that tm30089 as well as OC stops working for people after several months from most anecdotes

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heard that tm30089 as well as OC stops working for people after several months from most anecdotes

In my opinion the prostaglandin angle doesn't remotely cover all of the misregulated factors necessary for hair to grow normally so I'm not surprised. It might work as a shorter lived minoxidil, but I don't think that PGD2+PGE2 is the sole reason for miniaturization and that even "ideally" fixing those will work long term. Doesn't take more than a cursory understanding to see that you still have plenty of issues like the WNT pathway being blocked, loss of VEGF and other growth factors, phosphorylation of B-catenin, etc.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion the prostaglandin angle doesn't remotely cover all of the misregulated factors necessary for hair to grow normally so I'm not surprised. It might work as a shorter lived minoxidil, but I don't think that PGD2+PGE2 is the sole reason for miniaturization and that even "ideally" fixing those will work long term. Doesn't take more than a cursory understanding to see that you still have plenty of issues like the WNT pathway being blocked, loss of VEGF and other growth factors, phosphorylation of B-catenin, etc.
as far as i known.pge2 promote wnt

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True, at least with the additional add on of dermarolling that can help tackle Wnt3a, β-catenin, VEGF, and Wnt10b

TitsWillSag

My Regimen
Reaction score
really interested in this treatment. especially if adding PGE2 topically on scalp and CO fixes the problem of Diclofenac blocking PGE2, then this could give results.
keep us updated bro. if it works for you, i'll follow suit.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
really interested in this treatment. especially if adding PGE2 topically on scalp and CO fixes the problem of Diclofenac blocking PGE2, then this could give results.
keep us updated bro. if it works for you, i'll follow suit.
Yes. I will do it.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn’t topical pure ricinoleic acid be poor man’s PGE2?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why?