Pilox released: The Cure?

Reaction score
If it was a grand I'd give it a try. 4 grand is way too much for something that might not work. Bad price point picking on the vulnerable, not justified by the cost of the technology.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Newplayer, how long are you using the device per session?? 30 min, an hour??

and do you move it around so that it touches your entire scalp?

mariagreen

Reaction score
I was surfing on Amazon and saw this device, you know I'm in my late 30th and I don’t have spare money to invest in something that won't work for me, and the price is 730 pounds, what is your advice?

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
@champpy - device has autotimer, it shuts down after 5 min, that is the siggested duration for 1 session.
Yes, it needs to be moved around.

whous26

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all , i speak with Hairegen on Facebook , and ask them if they have pics and they send me that :
received_1630750653918499[1].jpeg
received_1630750670585164[1].jpeg

what do you think?

whous26

My Regimen
Reaction score
no they don't tell me. But they said their website open very soon with more information about the product , they are very kind , i'am french and i speak not very well english , but you can ask them on facebook more information.

whous26

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have just ordering mine, i will send pictures before and update every month !
their web site is now open but no before/after pics :(

@newplayer
after how long have you received the product at home?

i ask on facebook when i will receive my product and other thing and he told me that :
Screenshot_20160629-134452[1].png

i have 25 years ! really hope have the same result !!!

Last edited:

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably cause it's not FDA approved? Maybe use a forwarding service in Europe or ask someone to send it to you?

Yeah, I'll look into it. What's your opinion on this? Thought I remember you saying once all laser treatments are BS, but the pictures look pretty good. You think this treatment would matter where you are on the Norwood scale? Work better in higher/lower Norwood? Asking because the pictures show relatively high Norwood and I'm thankfully not at that point yet.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah Swoop, you think this is a better product than the other laser comb types on the market?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
This study came out this week; http://www.koreamed.org/SearchBasic.php?RID=0048KJD/2016.54.5.341&DT=1

BACKGROUND: Previous published clinical studies have demonstrated the positive effects of electrical stimulation (ES) on hair growth. Minoxidil (MXD) enhances hair growth by prolonging the anagen phase of hair follicles. MXD is used to promote hair growth in androgenetic alopecia. CONCLUSION: ES combined with MXD treatment had a synergistic effect on the proliferation of hDPCs. This might be through the synergistic activation of the Wnt/β-catenin pathway.

So I checked into these clinical studies;

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ecific_Reference_to_Hair_Electrotrichogenesis

This comparative, controlled study demonstrates the positive biologic effect on hair regrowth of a pulsed electrical field administered according to a regularized treatment schedule over 36 weeks. Mean hair count comparisons within the groups significantly favor the treatment group, which exhibited a 66.7 % hair count increase over baseline. The control group increase over baseline was 25.6%. It is notable also that 29 of the 30 treatment subjects (96.7%) exhibited regrowth or no further hair loss. The process is without side effects and untoward reactions.

If you look at that study itself;

Previously, Gunn and Lee^ reported an experiment involving four men with early hair loss being treated with a commercially available
transcutaneous electrical neural stimulation (TENS) device, resulting in a reduction of shedding, an improvement in hair texture, and a gradual resumption in growth rate. Also, in two open, uncontrolled trials involving 25 and 40 subjects, respectively, Bell reported that 84% of the former group and 70% of the latter showed regrowth after 60 days, utilizing the electrical modality being tested in this study.

So yeah you got basically 3 studies backing up electric stimulation for hair growth. With LLLT we have studies also... Sounds quite nice right..

Then again you know all these studies are quite old... So why are we not using all that stuff? Why hasn't it become a fixture in everyone his regimen over the years? The price? I doubt it. It's just more logically assumable that it doesn't work that good. That's what I meant with LLLT being bs. However are there some people who are happy with LLLT? Yeah there probably are (even if that means a very low % of people). These absurd claims of companies is what I hate most though.

Generally when buying treatments like this I would personally just expect nothing and go with the mindset that you will probably lose your money. Then again who knows it might make you happy. It probably modulates hair follicle cycling yeah... I think you should view this device as one that does that, especially if you read the little piece of text under here (prolongation of anagen can happen too with environmental stimuli) Maybe it would be wise to wait so you get some more anecdotal evidence from other people. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
This study came out this week; http://www.koreamed.org/SearchBasic.php?RID=0048KJD/2016.54.5.341&DT=1

So I checked into these clinical studies;

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ecific_Reference_to_Hair_Electrotrichogenesis

If you look at that study itself;

So yeah you got basically 3 studies backing up electric stimulation for hair growth. With LLLT we have studies also... Sounds quite nice right..

Then again you know all these studies are quite old... So why are we not using all that stuff? Why hasn't it become a fixture in everyone his regimen over the years? The price? I doubt it. It's just more logically assumable that it doesn't work that good. That's what I meant with LLLT being bs. However are there some people who are happy with LLLT? Yeah there probably are (even if that means a very low % of people). These absurd claims of companies is what I hate most though.

Generally when buying treatments like this I would personally just expect nothing and go with the mindset that you will probably lose your money. Then again who knows it might make you happy. It probably modulates hair follicle cycling yeah... I think you should view this device as one that does that, especially if you read the little piece of text under here (prolongation of anagen can happen too with environmental stimuli) Maybe it would be wise to wait so you get some more anecdotal evidence from other people. Hope that helps.

Thank you! Think I may buy it since I'm getting desperate. Just have to figure out how I'd get it to here in the US.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Price isn't bad if its somewhat effective, still undecided at this point to purchase. How many people on this thread are actively using this thing?