Please ignore the shampoo guy and his multiple screennames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cutsinger is God said:
So Bryan, just curious, did the mod ever call you to verify?

No he didn't.

And when things REALLY started to get out of hand with all the false accusations, I suggested an even more hard-nosed way to settle it: we would make a $10,000 wager out if it! :freaked2: I was truly willing to put that much cash in escrow, and let an independent judge decide if he thought I was telling the truth about not having or using any "aliases". About that time, my unstable accuser probably got a little nervous when he saw that I meant business about defending my own good name! :wink: It wasn't too long after that challenge that he wandered away from the site and stopped posting, for various reasons...

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Bryan

I think its more about the topic at hand than the dual personality thing that is causing the "problem."

Personally, I have no interest in the "shampoo" issue. But because of my own past experience, I'm quite interested in the "alias" accusations.

Cassin said:
If I was confident they were the same person they would be gone. Plain and simple. I am not going to waste time on the IP thing because messing with a dynamic AOL IP is useless. And no phone calls either. :)

I'm disappointed to hear that. It would be interesting not only to settle this specific case, but it could also provide useful information for when a similar situation inevitably arises in the future.

Bryan

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
I'm disappointed to hear that. It would be interesting not only to settle this specific case, but it could also provide useful information for when a similar situation inevitably arises in the future.

Bryan

There is no answer. No matter what I do I cannot solve this on IP matches because they use AOL. Its not possible. A lot of time has to be spent to come up with a "maybe."

AOL is the bane of forums.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
There is no answer. No matter what I do I cannot solve this on IP matches because they use AOL. Its not possible. A lot of time has to be spent to come up with a "maybe."

Cassin, you may not _quite_ understand the point I'm making here. I'm not necessarily claiming that it's within your power to settle once and for all whether or not those posters are really just "aliases", I'm saying that it would be informative at the very least to confirm the fact that multiple AOL subscribers CAN IN FACT appear with identical IP addresses, and that that HAS IN FACT happened with AOL subscribers other than just the two involved here in this "shampoo" debacle (DD and CIG). Is it a FACT, or is it just a THEORY?

Bryan

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Cassin said:

Cassin, you may not _quite_ understand the point I'm making here. I'm not necessarily claiming that it's within your power to settle once and for all whether or not those posters are really just "aliases", I'm saying that it would be informative at the very least to confirm the fact that multiple AOL subscribers CAN IN FACT appear with identical IP addresses, and that that HAS IN FACT happened with AOL subscribers other than just the two involved here in this "shampoo" debacle (DD and CIG). Is it a FACT, or is just a THEORY?

Bryan

Of course it is a fact. I have made that clear several times here already. There has been times where I have clicked on a IP search for a user and come up with one name, a dozen names or even two dozen names.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. I guess I missed your previous posts on that issue, but thanks for making that clear.

I'm glad more than ever that I recommended caution to everybody in the early going about making such "alias" accusations or implications! :wink:

Cutsinger is God

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Ok. I guess I missed your previous posts on that issue, but thanks for making that clear.

I'm glad more than ever that I recommended caution to everybody in the early going about making such "alias" accusations or implications! :wink:

Yes, you did Bryan I remember that. You were the only one that used caution and rightfully so. What happened to you happened to Dave and I.

As far as I am concerned, this case is officially closed. The official ruling is inconclusive and The Gardener gets the Barney Fife award. :lol:

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Diamond Dave said:
ShedMaster said:
I think this thread should be made a sticky.

Shedmaster...what is your problem?

Are we not doing as Cassin requested?

Did anybody ask you what you think?

Is this in retribution for Gardener that you make this post?

Your comment to make this thread a sticky is uncalled for from a mod.

That comment about gardener hurt... that....was just crossing the line.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
Diamond Dave said:
ShedMaster said:

How dramatic...
Uh ShedMaster...maybe you didn't see one of Cassin's latest posts so I'll quote it here:

Cassin said:
I have gone as far as I am willing to go. This is simply a free online forum and I have already spent too much time on this already. I have other things to do.
Drop it. Lets move on

I have dropped it per Cassin's request. You should do the same. :wink:

G

I saw Cutsinger is God yesterday. He was delivering my mail. I could tell because he looked like a dirty hippie. All he had was a small Nw7 horseshoe but it was grown out to about 9 inches and it looked like rats were living in it.

Keep on rockin that skullet old man. I love the USPS.

G

I'm going to request that the mods restrict Dave and Cutsinger's posting about the no-shampoo sh*t to the experimental forum only, if they haven't done so already. Like The last thing we need is newbies being corrupted by the horseshoe brothers.

G

I see now that Cassin already told them to keep their stupidity restricted to this forum, so that's fine. It's easier to make them look stupid this way because we don't have to go hunting for all their threads.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Diamond Dave said:
ShedMaster said:
[quote="Diamond Dave":4f94d]
ShedMaster said:

How dramatic...
Uh ShedMaster...maybe you didn't see one of Cassin's latest posts so I'll quote it here:

Cassin said:
I have gone as far as I am willing to go. This is simply a free online forum and I have already spent too much time on this already. I have other things to do.
Drop it. Lets move on

I have dropped it per Cassin's request. You should do the same. :wink:[/quote:4f94d]

Actually I'm trying to have gardener removed from the forum. I feel that theres not enough room for the two of us as moderators here, we are constantly stepping on each others' toes, etc, etc. In the near future I may ask you guys to sign a petition to get rid of this loose canon. Who does he think he is going and looking up IP's and all. Talk about a power trip.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
I'm going to request that the mods restrict Dave and Cutsinger's posting about the no-shampoo $#iT to the experimental forum only, if they haven't done so already. Like The last thing we need is newbies being corrupted by the horseshoe brothers.

Uh genius..it has already been that way for several days now.

Your first clue should have been the need to come to the Experimental section to find Dave and CIG's posts so you could be sure we would read your silly post.
You're not the brightest light in the harbor are you?

And before this silly post you say you received mail from CIG, and its Sunday??? Think a little before you post, geez.....

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
Actually I'm trying to have gardener removed from the forum. I feel that theres not enough room for the two of us as moderators here, we are constantly stepping on each others' toes, etc, etc. In the near future I may ask you guys to sign a petition to get rid of this loose canon. Who does he think he is going and looking up IP's and all. Talk about a power trip.

You almost sound convincing Shed....

"Who does he think he is going and looking up IP's and all. Talk about a power trip"....
That remark is your amateurish attempt at fishing. This is a topic to be discussed with mods not the general forum.

As far as I am concerned Gardener did what a mod does...he thought he smelled trouble and he took action.

Now its over and Cassin wants it dropped....

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Diamond Dave said:
And before this silly post you say you received mail from CIG, and its Sunday??? Think a little before you post, geez.....

He said he saw him yesterday! :wink:

G

Bryan said:
Diamond Dave said:

He said he saw him yesterday! :wink:

Yeah seriously, Diamond Dave. Why do you have to misrepresent what I say?

docj077

Reaction score
I don't understand how so much funny can exist in so many threads within one area of one particular forum at the same time. It's simply not possible.

Rock on, shampoo dudes.
:punk:

Status
Not open for further replies.