Polaris nr08 or nr09 10% Minoxidil Formula

DM5sadouche

Reaction score
Re: polaris nr08 or nr09

Frankly those ingrediants sound a lot like those of Spectral DNC. Not a lot of differences that I see.

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score

ok guys,

it comes with a one month supply and a very small bottle for $45 IMO. It's more of a neon yellow color and it does not dry as fast as xandrox. They recommend you apply it twice a day everyday without skipped applications. However, due to the price I wont be applying it twice, I will apply it once daily at night and I will use rogaine foam in the morning.

christer12

Reaction score

DM5sadouche said:
Frankly those ingrediants sound a lot like those of Spectral DNC. Not a lot of differences that I see.

Spectral DNC is completely different compared to Polaris NR-09 and NR-08. Only a few ingredients that are similar. Spectral DNC do not have minoxidil sulfate. The formulas form Polaris is stronger.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Rocky V said:
ok guys,

it comes with a one month supply and a very small bottle for $45 IMO. It's more of a neon yellow color and it does not dry as fast as xandrox. They recommend you apply it twice a day everyday without skipped applications. However, due to the price I wont be applying it twice, I will apply it once daily at night and I will use rogaine foam in the morning.

Cheers for the update Rocky.

Neon yellow colour is a bit worrying lol. Does it stain your scalp?

Yeah you're right twice daily seems crazy expensive, I'll prob do the same if I get some and use foam in the AM.

DM5sadouche

Reaction score

christer12 said:
DM5sadouche said:

Spectral DNC is completely different compared to Polaris NR-09 and NR-08. Only a few ingredients that are similar. Spectral DNC do not have minoxidil sulfate. The formulas form Polaris is stronger.

Other than the higher than 5% concentration of minoxidil, the formulation looks very similar to DNC. And what exactly is minoxdil sulfate? And how is that different than regular minoxidil? Looks a lot like marketing BS, and very expensive at $45 for a months supply.

christer12

Reaction score

Studies show that Minoxidil sulfation is a critical step for hair-growth effects of minoxidil and that it is the sulfated metabolite that directly affects hair follicles. Minoxidil sulfate is 14 times more potent than minoxidil in stimulating cysteine incorporation in the follicles.

I belief more in the azelaic acid than Aminexil SP94. The azelaic acid keeping the follicles clear and reduce inflammation. Azelaic acid is widely used by doctors.

Aminexil SP94 in Spectral DNC is research by L’Oreal laboratories. The collagen around the roots becomes rigid, tightens, and pushes the hair out.

Spectral DNC use nanosomes (microscopic lipospheres) that is more aggressive than Polaris lipospheres technology that containing antigens. Lipospheres strengthen scalp’s protective barrier function, slowing transdermal water loss and minimizing irritation. Liposphere use less alcohol and propylene glycol that irritating the scalp.

If you have a sensitive scalp, not use Spectral DNC.

DM5sadouche

Reaction score

I'm definitely no expert but it seems to me that a higher concentration of minoxidil (regardless of the type) would cause more problems (side effects) than a lower dose. I've never had any issues using Spectral DNC, but of course I haven't had problems using any minoxidil, probably because I never exceeded a 5% solution and always used it as directed. But, I may consider giving the Polaris 08 a shot.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score

To be honest I use shitloads of 5% minoxidil. I've never had sides and I'm not remotely worried about them, they are very rare. I think 5% is clearly a conservative dose or it wouldn't be sold non-prescription.

If anyone has any links to decent studies (or anecdotal user results/pics) on minoxidil sulfate plz post them, I found a few vaguely relevant things via google, but nothing that solid.

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score

the good thing is actually it doesn't stain the scalp. I like using it at night. It dries fairly quicker than regular minoxidil liquid in rogaine or other products I've tried other than xandrox.

I've read good stuff on minoxidil sulfate in comparison to regular minoxidil. hopefully it ends up in good results.

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score

i am now coming to realize that polaris is very very expensive. hopefully it shows results. anyone familiar with the ingredients included in polaris nr08?

DM5sadouche

Reaction score

Someone posted this from a couple of pages back:

Polaris NR-08:
7% minoxidil Sulfate
5% azelaic acid
1% adenosine
0.5% apple polyphenol
0.5% lysine
0.5% oleanolic acid
0.5% biotin
0.4% saw palmetto
0.25% retinol

I don't think that the NR-09 is on the market as yet so there isn't a listing of the ingrediants for that particular formula as yet.

Jacob

Reaction score

Ingredients :

Minoxidil, GHK-Cu, Thymosin b4, Procyanidin B2, Adenosine,

Vitamin Complex (Vitamins A, C, and E in nanosomes), Lactic Acid, Propylene Glycol,

Ethanol, DI Water

That's for the NR-09..from here: http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/113999751/Hair_Regrowth_Treatment_Minoxidil_15_GHK.html
It seems to be on the market..overseas at least.

Don't tell me they're doing like they did with Spectral..talking about lipospheres or nanosomes but the only ones actually encapsulated are the "Vitamin Complex". Ingreds not encapsulated can still be helped along with the nanosomes..but...anyway....

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score

I think spectral doesn't have minoxidil sulfate though. Its just minoxidil. But how effective is minoxidil sulfate over minoxidil?

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score

this polaris stuff is getting really expensive. I'm halfway through the bottle and it hasnt even been 15 days yet. for 45 bucks a month, I dont know if polaris is going to cut it.

DM5sadouche

Reaction score

Are you using it twice per day? It says apply 1 ML two times daily. I know with the dropper it's easy to measure out that amount. I wonder how many sprays equal the 1 ML? Eight or ten maybe?

Jacob

Reaction score

Rocky V said:
I think spectral doesn't have minoxidil sulfate though. Its just minoxidil. But how effective is minoxidil sulfate over minoxidil?

Actually they claim they do use minoxidil sulphate in Spectral. We had some good arguments over this in the past as well :)

http://www.divineskin.com/spectraldesc.htm

Unlike other Minoxidil formulas which use regular Minoxidil (an oil soluble molecule) and are greasy and irritating, Spectral.DNC is created with Minoxidil Sulphate a much more costly form of Minoxidil that is water soluble and therefore does not require a high concentration of propylene glycol or alcohol. During the mixing process the sulphate ion separates leaving high purity Minoxidil. Spectral DNC® is faster and more effective then Rogaine® and Spectral DNC® works both on the vertex of the head and the frontal hair line. Spectral DNC® gives the best chance of growing normally thick and healthy hair and works on people who previously did not respond to Rogaine® treatment.

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score

dms,

I only use one ml a day. I use rogaine foam in the morning and polaris 08 at night. I use one ml and its running out pretty fast and for 45 bucks a pop it gets really expenisve, especially since it's supposed to last one month.

jacob,

I think the reason why it's 45 bucks a month because of the minoxidil sulphate.

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes, I have been told by Divienskin that they do use minoxidil sulphate in Spectral. I did have good regrowth with Spectral DNC before it changed to the new formulars, since then I got no result neither from DNC nor DNC-L. I have switched back to Rogaine or 5% minoxidil. The problem for is no one knows what they will get in the next batch, if it is effective or not, so why pay for more for uncertainty?
I have doubt that Polaris is more effective than Spectral DNC, just have 2% more of minoxidil! I would rather to try the 10% or 15% minoxidil with AA. at least I heard someone got result from them, and it is more cost effective.
As one can see from Polaris, NR7 is with 5% minoxidil, NR 8 has 7% minoxidil, and NR9 will have 15% Minoxidil, can we say 15% minoxidil is more effective than 10%, and 10% is more effective than 5 %? Is it dose dependent?