Progress update + more photos added.

Scuffernoose

Reaction score
i feel the same way as gunner does. i remember when i had lots of thick hair and could do anything with it. i feel that unless you are just ugly, that hair and hair style is the biggest thing to make or break your appearance even if you have a full head of hair. i let my hairloss take over my life because i am a vain person and i fear that people who found me attractive, wont anymore. i am receiding slightly, but i have a small head, so the ammount of forehead on one person looks different on another. with very short hair it looks like the front and temples have gone back like a christopher walken do. i am diffusely thinning all over the top, but with enough product i can hide it. i have been on treatments for a while that havent helped at all. my mom and sister tell me i have lots of hair, but they dont understand that my hairstyle options are becoming limited because im afraid to shave, and i dont like the size of my head, so i try to manage these flaps of hair that just want to lay flat. also, i am 20, but i look very young, and probably will the rest of my life. i feel my hair wont fit my face and my youthfull appearance.

its like i know that people are out there with worse situations, and i know that if it didnt bother me it wouldnt bother them, but i cant seem to convince myself that i look ok. i have been in to talk about transplants, and doctors look at me like im crazy, but i feel that the only remedy is a permanent one that will take my worry off of losing hair in certain places. so i must wait and hope that nobody notices that im going bald.

but i think the part that everyone seems to fear the most is that the people who saw you before, will see a much different looking you. and i feel that what bothers me the most is that the people who knew me with tons of hair will see that i am starting to bald, and that embarrases me. that "did you know that ____ is going bald"?? from people who havent seen me in a while. it will bother me when i cant get that look back from a nice looking girl, and the phone calls stop coming from women wanting to do things with a good looking guy. im not into shallow girls, but it was nice to have them look as if to say they liked what they saw. with a bad head and an unattractive hairline, will they still think the same?? its the rejection based on appearance that is scary for most going through this. the only thing we have to really look forward to is that we arent there so we really dont know how its going to be.

johnogroats

Reaction score
Gunner you have a great headshape for it a la Mr Ljungberg. You look WAY better than 23/08/03 (see pic 3rd along, 3rd down). Whether that's do do with shaving it down or regrowth probably only you could say though.

Do you permanantly wear Arsenal strips, football kits are naff!!

Receding_Boy

Reaction score
johnogroats said:
Gunner you have a great headshape for it a la Mr Ljungberg. You look WAY better than 23/08/03 (see pic 3rd along, 3rd down). Whether that's do do with shaving it down or regrowth probably only you could say though.

Do you permanantly wear Arsenal strips, football kits are naff!!

I agree. Im kinda a pretty boy type and very vain when it comes to my hair. I'm always trying to do new styles, and I gotta say, that buzzed look works great on you. I've never tried it, but if mine looked that good, i'd stick to it. These days no one in their right mind would confuse one for being a skinhead, the buzzed look is in fashion, even justin timberlake got it done (not that i'm a fan but chicks did the guy).

As it is you have light colored hair which makes it even harder to notice as the contrast between scalp and hair is lessened.

I do see your loss, but thats only because i'm overly preoccupied with my own hairloss situation. Honest to God, had i not been, i wouldn't have even noticed.

I say keep up the treatments, but keep your hair short. its so nice and easy to just go out like that. My hair is longer and i spend at least 30 minutes a day because i have a complex style and need to cover up my frontal area. I am doing the gelled mohawk look that is so in fashion these days. it is a really good style for covering up recession, but takes a long *** time.

your buzzed look looks great. really, i'm not just trying to be nice.

rescue hair

Reaction score
In regard to the hair transplant, I would at least wait a few years until follicle multiplication is developed. No stitches and, if I'm not mistaken, they will be able to 'plant' more hair more easily. Plus, in the article posted on this site, the follicles can multiply once implanted. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if that's true, then 1000 implants could potentially be 2,000 hairs, maybe more.

Chipper

Reaction score
To Gunner

Man i know how you feel. Here is what i would do if i was you and this has worked incredably for me. Get on avodart!!!!! Its the best thing out for hairloss. I works 50% better than propecia. You will prob notice great results after the first 3 months because thats when i did. I has regrew hair in my front, including the receding and temple areas. You wouldnt believe what i has done for my hair. My hair is super thick now instead of very fine. I dont even use anything else except nizoral. Trust me you wont regret if if u start on avodart now. Only bad thing about the drug is that is has made my face and skin extremely dry!!! But its well worth because of how its improved my hair. Im telling you man, u better get on avodart as soon as possible. I wouldnt full with a hair transplant when hair multiplication is just around the corner. I believe avodart and the rest of your regimen would help your hair considerably and would last at least till hair multiplication came out. I would continue using the minoxidil and nizoral and spironolactone also as it would only help. But avodart is the best thing out! im telling you from my experience. Good luck