R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
socks said:
One less peder *** in this world. :hump:

Even if he were a child molestor (he is not!), he'd still be the greatest pop artist in the world.

RIP Michael, we'll never forget you.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Bryan said:
ali777 said:
I've been on youtube going through some of his songs... The guy was a truely gifted musician.

The younger people on this forum may not appreciate him as much as we do, but he was one of the people that defined our generation.

What exactly was that guy's claim to fame? How was he any different from any of the other people who perform popular music?

Simple he was the king of pop, his music outsold and was enjoyed by more people worldwide than anyone elses. There will never be a bigger pop star.

Now I dont know wether the abuse allegations are true or not, he was a pretty fucked up guy theres no denying that but he was also a truely talented superstar.

Its sad to see that his life has become a cruel parody/joke.
His life will always be defined in 2 seperate era's:

Before 1992 and the Jordy Chandeler case and after.

ali777

Reaction score
yvakin said:
Never liked this guy anyway. :punk:

Cassin said:
He paid off those kids to shut up...how can you be so blind?

chore boy said:
Like the comedian Katt Williams said, people don't say the same sh*t about you for twenty years and it not be true.

I agree that he was f*cked up in the head. God knows what he did to those kids.

However, he was one of the best musicians of his time. There is no denying that. You may not like his music, but give him a bit of credit for his achievements.

The Gardener said:
[quote="king-":10nlrfok]i want to write paragraphs about how he touched me
Hopefully, you aren't referring to a court deposition...[/quote:10nlrfok]

It doesn't sound right, does it :whistle: ?

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't deny his musical achievements... I love Billy Jean and Dirty Diana.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised by the three or four posters here who have come to his defense against the pedophile allegations. I wasn't aware that there was any remaining controversy about that issue. Are some people still in denial about that?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Bryan said:
What exactly was that guy's claim to fame? How was he any different from any of the other people who perform popular music?

Simple he was the king of pop, his music outsold and was enjoyed by more people worldwide than anyone elses. There will never be a bigger pop star.

I guess I'll have to take your word for all that. Personally, I've never listened to his "music" (notice how I feel it necessary to enclose that word in quotation marks), except for brief snippets of it that I've heard accidentally when I'm changing channels on TV. But he doesn't seem any different to me than a hundred other such popular music stars that I've heard occasionally over the years. It depresses me that the public pays so much attention to that kind of "music", instead of serious music.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Personally, I've never listened to his "music" (notice how I feel it necessary to enclose that word in quotation marks), except for brief snippets of it that I've heard accidentally when I'm changing channels on TV. But he doesn't seem any different to me than a hundred other such popular music stars that I've heard occasionally over the years. It depresses me that the public pays so much attention to that kind of "music", instead of serious music.

You're having a joke right?
He was the most famous man on the planet, he sold 750m+ records no other person has come close to that. He also had a 45 yr career so to try and downplay his music (or even his impact on modern pop culture) as insignificant or pointless just makes you look stupid.
And before you get the impression that I'm one of his adoring fans I'm not, I have brought 2 of his albums the last one was 17 yrs ago but thats it. I'm just speaking as an average guy who remebers him from growing up in the 80's.

Cassin said:
He was a distgusting human being
I'm not entirely sure that he's innocent but he was found not guilty (it took the jury 45mins to agree) and cleared of all charges. I certainly would'nt class him in the same catagory as say Gary Glitter.
Eccentrics and outsiders like him are easy targets for speculation and accusations especialy when they have money. He's probably done more good for the world than most people do in their lifetimes.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
You're having a joke right?

No. I'm serious as a heart attack.

s.a.f said:
He was the most famous man on the planet, he sold 750m+ records no other person has come close to that. He also had a 45 yr career so to try and downplay his music (or even his impact on modern pop culture) as insignificant or pointless just makes you look stupid.

I suppose my complaint lies more with the people who buy his "music", rather than Michael Jackson himself. Why do people pay hard-earned money for that stuff? What accounts for such poor taste in music?

s.a.f said:
I'm not entirely sure that he's innocent but he was found not guilty (it took the jury 45mins to agree) and cleared of all charges.

As someone else pointed out, so was OJ Simpson.

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
It depresses me that the public pays so much attention to that kind of "music", instead of serious music.

What do you consider serious music Bryan? I'm just curious, what's your favorite genre?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Bryan said:
I suppose my complaint lies more with the people who buy his "music", rather than Michael Jackson himself. Why do people pay hard-earned money for that stuff? What accounts for such poor taste in music?
Hmm, I guess you're right and the vast majority must be wrong then? :whistle: I never thought much of the Beatles but I would'nt dispute their worth. Who's to judge what is or is'nt good music - the public.

s.a.f said:
I'm not entirely sure that he's innocent but he was found not guilty (it took the jury 45mins to agree) and cleared of all charges.

As someone else pointed out, so was OJ Simpson.[/quote]

And I wonder wether people will look back and think that a mistake was made in Jacksons case the way that they do with O.J. (somehow I doubt it).

s.a.f

Reaction score
dudemon said:
I bet he jerked off in his "white glove" :jackit: while thinking 'bout them little ones.

I wonder if they'll find any dead gerbils up his *** if they do an autopsy?

I bet those gerbs will sell for a pretty penny on ebay! :woot:

An easy target, Dudeman can you imagine if someone like yourself (middle aged man, no wife no kids - bit of a loner ect) was accused of something, I would imagine that most people would be more than willing to believe it. :nono:

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I consider songs like Billy Jean pretty serious musically. Not lyrically, but who gives a rip about lyrics. Billy Jean is a recording pretty far ahead of its time.
His music got crappy after Dangerous, sure, but the older stuff is the real deal.

Cassin

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I'm not entirely sure that he's innocent but he was found not guilty .

He settled in court!

How is his innocence even up for debate?!?!?!?!?!?!

The denial I see/hear from people all over the place is staggering.

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
I'm a little surprised by the three or four posters here who have come to his defense against the pedophile allegations. I wasn't aware that there was any remaining controversy about that issue. Are some people still in denial about that?

When you're famous you can get away with anything in the eyes of fans it seems.

somehow I doubt the people who defend him would allow their children to stay with some random non famous guy who was the average joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.