Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
These treatments start to blur in my mind.

Correct me if I am wrong but replicel
1. takes a biopsy from immune area of scalp and then injects immune cells into balding or thinning areas.
2. so existing hair becomes immune to hair loss

I have questions
1. what about people who are Dupa (I am not I have dense back but I am female so I have no idea if that may change)
2. does this grow or stimulate growth of new hair? Is it neogeneis or immunity only.
3. do you know if they are testing women?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Device anticpated to be completed for 2018 market approval and launch... LAunch of device means also launch of shiseidos treatment?

View attachment 56035

Yes 2018 market approval and launch. It doesn't say it will be launching in Q2 it says it will be completed in Q2 for a 2018 launch, that tells me it won't launch until Q3 or Q4.

br1

Reaction score
No, no.

The device (dermal injector) is another product, with a total different development timeline.

RCH-01 is the hairloss treatment. Data read out is expected next year. No word on the release date yet.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, no.

The device (dermal injector) is another product, with a total different development timeline.

RCH-01 is the hairloss treatment. Data read out is expected next year. No word on the release date yet.

Lee Buckler said the earliest would be Q4 2018. Obviously the treatment can't be released before the device. Everybody is getting there hopes up for nothing. It's still Q4 best case scenario.

H

Reaction score
sounds very ironic... Of course he did not say this but logic says that it does make sense. Why not using both? I would definetely use both and I think many of us would do the same. I am really curious about Shiseidos results. What do you guys expect from hair density after 12 months multiple injections by Shiseido.

Imagine they got more than 40 % or even more density xD What do you think/expect in comparison with replicels safety trial.
Well I just asked cause you saying they'll be powerful together and all it seems you have more info then the rest of us on it I mean the only thing so far I've found to be true about the Brotzu lotion is that there is indeed a guy with the last name Brotzu and I'm even starting the get shaky about that. I expect replicel will halt hair loss for 2 or 3 maybe cycles so your good for 5 years but I doubt much regrowth especially not 40%

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
These treatments start to blur in my mind.

Correct me if I am wrong but replicel
1. takes a biopsy from immune area of scalp and then injects immune cells into balding or thinning areas.
2. so existing hair becomes immune to hair loss

I have questions
1. what about people who are Dupa (I am not I have dense back but I am female so I have no idea if that may change)
2. does this grow or stimulate growth of new hair? Is it neogeneis or immunity only.
3. do you know if they are testing women?

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

---------

1. People with DUPA, as per the Tsuji team interview, still have enough viable follicles for even hair multiplication. However, such a procedure is risky for the obvious reason that, unless the person is already extensively bald, you have no reliable way of knowing which hairs are viable — it's not out of the realm of possibility that they'd refuse to treat patients with this condition in the early stages.

2. It's hoped to grow new hair as well as migrate cells from immune follicles to thinning ones. So far, the data only shows the latter.

3. IIRC, Shiseido's trials have both sexes. I wouldn't worry, though, because men and women have the same cells in question so what's good for the goose should be good for the mother$#*n' gander on this one.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any guess on how much this procedure would cost? Looking at the procedure from that last video posted, it doesn't sound like it's gonna be cheap.
IIRC, Lee Buckler (CEO of Replicel) was talking about ~1000 dollars for the procedure. Don't quote me on this though, can somebody back this up?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any guess on how much this procedure would cost? Looking at the procedure from that last video posted, it doesn't sound like it's gonna be cheap.

They were talking around 890 USD as of a year or two ago. It's a lot less labor intensive than a hair transplant. It doesn't require the same precision or nearly the same number of injections.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Speculating on a delivery system, I was thinking it would be possible to scan the subject's head, CAD and 3D print a custom template with thousands of microneedles to the shape of desired hairline and inject the cells to the required depth. Perhaps some sort of robotic control also. If this becomes reality, will we see the extremes of new hairline placement and density?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They were talking around 890 USD as of a year or two ago. It's a lot less labor intensive than a hair transplant. It doesn't require the same precision or nearly the same number of injections.

PRP is like $600 to $1000 per treatment and is probably same invasiveness.
So maybe this is similar price point--which IF it works is worth it.
PRP its hard to find good feedback to justify the cost.

baldboys

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Speculating on a delivery system, I was thinking it would be possible to scan the subject's head, CAD and 3D print a custom template with thousands of microneedles to the shape of desired hairline and inject the cells to the required depth. Perhaps some sort of robotic control also. If this becomes reality, will we see the extremes of new hairline placement and density?

Easy there, johny. You should be happy enough if this manage to halter your hairloss, wich im even skeptical about.

RichieRich

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some users suggesting that it will only work for 5 years, is this just a guess? Would it be a case of another round of injections every 5 years to keep hair immunised?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some users suggesting that it will only work for 5 years, is this just a guess? Would it be a case of another round of injections every 5 years to keep hair immunised?

They are speculating that it will only work for one hair cycle, like Histogen. Histogen is using growth factors, while this is a cell transplant, which should work similar to a hair transplant, having permanent effects.

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Completely random but hairlosscure2020 can suck my dong....I posted something barely questionable about why are we talking about minoxidil bc that was his latest post (regarding beard growth) and the dude won't post it.

f*****g Lame.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP is like $600 to $1000 per treatment and is probably same invasiveness.
So maybe this is similar price point--which IF it works is worth it.
PRP its hard to find good feedback to justify the cost.

PRP costs differ from country to country. I pay for mine about 75 € per treatment and mesotheraphy included. A Doctor in a better neighborhood wants 500€ for the same treatment, but in the end yes it is quite expensive normally and not really worth it. Just a temporary boost of 3 months

H

Reaction score
They are speculating that it will only work for one hair cycle, like Histogen. Histogen is using growth factors, while this is a cell transplant, which should work similar to a hair transplant, having permanent effects.
Which is also a very wishful speculation.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is that?
Headlines:
2000 - Cure for baldness in 5 years
2005 - Cure for baldness in 5 years
2010 - Cure for baldness in 5 years
Yo mamma - Cure for baldness in 5 years
____________________________________________________________________________________________
am I hyped for Shiseido? Hell yes!