Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

H

Reaction score
Is there any evidence to say that this therapy is a one and done immunization?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They are speculating that it will only work for one hair cycle, like Histogen. Histogen is using growth factors, while this is a cell transplant, which should work similar to a hair transplant, having permanent effects.

Source this claim?

Reactions: H

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Headlines:
2000 - Cure for baldness in 5 years
2005 - Cure for baldness in 5 years
2010 - Cure for baldness in 5 years
Yo mamma - Cure for baldness in 5 years
____________________________________________________________________________________________
am I hyped for Shiseido? Hell yes!

Not an argument. I don't think Shiseido will be a cure, but it should be a working immunization.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
When people talk about immunization, what's gonna happen to hairs that have already begun the miniaturization process but are still fairly robust and/or cosmetically significant? If it doesn't "freeze" those hairs then it's not going to help me much.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reactions: br1

H

Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...terview-w-dr-rolf-hoffmann-lee-buckler.95367/

Yes. Here is a more recent interview where they still seem to believe it will be long-lasting and not only halt hair loss but reverse it too.
https://www.technologynetworks.com/cell-science/blog/a-new-approach-to-treating-hair-loss-289584
Recent? It's set in the future it says June 27th. I assume your referring to this statement "We believe our technology not only stabilizes hair loss, but also reverses it and, we believe it will be potentially long-lasting" but if thats all that's not a lot to go on. I also see they attached that old video on there and to my knowledge the data we have from the trials and that video do not match up, particularly the part where that man turns into a chia pet.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Recent? It's set in the future it says June 27th. I assume your referring to this statement "We believe our technology not only stabilizes hair loss, but also reverses it and, we believe it will be potentially long-lasting" but if thats all that's not a lot to go on. I also see they attached that old video on there and to my knowledge the data we have from the trials and that video do not match up, particularly the part where that man turns into a chia pet.

That trial is a safety trial. If they are still using that video, they must still believe in it.

You didn't know I'm from the future? I've already been cured, I'm just here to laugh at all you baldies waiting for a cure. It will be here after you all die.

H

Reaction score
That trial is a safety trial. If they are still using that video, they must still believe in it.

You didn't know I'm from the future? I've already been cured, I'm just here to laugh at all you baldies waiting for a cure. It will be here after you all die.
Your from the future and all you could get was an article posted in 2 days psh noob come back with the actual cure date tease us with that. At least when I come back I save John Connor.

br1

Reaction score
So is this stuff gonna be legit
Of course it is legit. Check the trial structure and the first trials results. The science is there, the numbers are there .

You won't find things like "good" / "very good" as the outcome results. You'll find real data analysis.

Not like some magic potions out there .

Just be patient. Efficacy trial ends next year.

Last edited:

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course it is legit. Check the trial structure and the first trials results. The science is there, the numbers are there .

You won't find things like "good" / "very good" as the outcome results. You'll find real data analysis.

Not like some magic potions out there .

Just be patient. Efficacy trial ends next year.

What comes after the efficiency trials? Market release or canceling?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...terview-w-dr-rolf-hoffmann-lee-buckler.95367/

Yes. Here is a more recent interview where they still seem to believe it will be long-lasting and not only halt hair loss but reverse it too.
https://www.technologynetworks.com/cell-science/blog/a-new-approach-to-treating-hair-loss-289584

In the second link, Lee Buckler, President and CEO of RepliCel.

"In androgenic alopecia, the androgen hormone kills off one of the cell populations in the hair follicle that’s responsible for hair growth. They’re called the dermal sheath cup cells and sit at the base of the hair follicle. The androgen hormone attaches to a cell receptor on the surface of those cells. That same cell population located at the back of the head simply lacks the receptor for the androgen hormones to use in its attachment."

Are different scalp hairs depending where are they located? at sides the hair lacks the receptor for androgen hormones? I don't beleive it in healthy scal hairs, even in the sides.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked replicel when data read out is expected and this is their answer:
"At the moment we haven't been given any specific dates from Shiseido but we are currently expecting to hear about the data around mid 2018"
Looks really like data read out in Q2.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked replicel when data read out is expected and this is their answer:
"At the moment we haven't been given any specific dates from Shiseido but we are currently expecting to hear about the data around mid 2018"
Looks really like data read out in Q2.

Do you know something about the problems shiseido had with replicel? Wasn't replicel going to make a phase 2 trial first and then didn't so they are just simply waiting for shiseido so they don't have to do it and get those Infos basically for free?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as I understand, it's pretty much it (in Japan). In Japan with the new laws for that kind of product/procedure, they can release it right after phase 2.

Would be really great and I really hope they don't get too big problems with Replicel, caused by the lack of Phase 2 from replicel. İn the end they are the far bigger company

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know something about the problems shiseido had with replicel? Wasn't replicel going to make a phase 2 trial first and then didn't so they are just simply waiting for shiseido so they don't have to do it and get those Infos basically for free?

Very interesting... yeah, makes sense. They won't start with their phase 2 trial without shiseidos data. Would be interesting to know if shiseido really can publish the results earlier. I mean, they are not obligated to ask replicel about releasing their trial results, right?