Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica IS close to release, as is Shiseido and they're the only ones so far with positive clinical results.

May not be the "team" people are rooting for, but they're definitely on track to win the season whether anyone likes it or not.
How is follica close to release? They have another trial. And surely it takes time to scale the manufacturing and offer training to clinics about the procedure. They may very well have a demonstrable product in a few months but I only care about how long until I can access it. Not trying to be a negative Nancy but it sounds a couple of Norwoods away. It is one of the closest things though, and it sounds easier to scale than Replicel. Maybe it will be 2020 before Follica hits full stride, if all goes well.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Follica IS close to release, as is Shiseido and they're the only ones so far with positive clinical results.

May not be the "team" people are rooting for, but they're definitely on track to win the season whether anyone likes it or not.

I wish sheisido or replicel would let us know how their therapy reacts with vellus hairs. If it revives vellus then it's a functional cure for many after using follica's treatment. If follica's method and results can be effective more than once which I assume it will be, then paired with rch-01 it will be a functional cure for most.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
We are indeed f*****g doomed. Just hop on f*****g propecia and minoxdil and pray for god your body can take it so you can at least postpone our inevitable fate for a few years. Then during those years work in getting a f*****g job as far away as possible from where you are so that no one can see you in your decadence.

You are ignoring the advancement of the numerous companies which show some promising results and you jump to conclusion of we are doomed with no supporting. To be fair at this state, we can neither say we will be cured nor we are doomed.

vernon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

but being close means nothing in this industry, no matter how agressively you insist on it.

its always looking good and rosy until the pivotal trial data release/entering the market date comes.

I m rooting for whomever actually provides a treatment without bullshitting people and hyping themselves up in advance

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
but being close means nothing in this industry, no matter how agressively you insist on it.

its always looking good and rosy until the pivotal trial data release/entering the market date comes.

I m rooting for whomever actually provides a treatment without bullshitting people and hyping themselves up in advance

You're acting like every few months a new company completes both phase 1, and phase 2 of FDA trials for hairloss. Name the last company to come as close as follica to a release! Not only that but they've continued to push forward for years, this isn't a 3 year attempt to stash investor cash then cut and run. The science is there, but as they stated they're looking at compounds to add to this effective treatment.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
http://replicel.com/20170913/

RepliCel’s Partnership Initiatives Mature into Licensing Negotiations

Due diligence and confidential discussions now moving into negotiations for products in both the tendon repair and aesthetics franchises

Some news, atleast replicel gives regular updates.
Says they're negotiating with other companies as partner's to license out there tech such as rch-01. Very good news.

vernon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're acting like every few months a new company completes both phase 1, and phase 2 of FDA trials for hairloss. Name the last company to come as close as follica to a release! Not only that but they've continued to push forward for years, this isn't a 3 year attempt to stash investor cash then cut and run. The science is there, but as they stated they're looking at compounds to add to this effective treatment.

I really hate to be that annoying naysayer, but those initial phases where practically only safety is tested mean nothing, lets be realistic.

honestly I think their concept only works to a minor extent (small amount of weak new hair that will die out as quickly as it was created), and thats why its still not marketed after all this time. if they need a decade to find some miraculous "special compounds" to make it worthwile, whats the strength of the "but wounding is proven to work" argument in the first place?

if I had to bet, I d say they ll keep delaying for 2-3 years and then just dissapear. what shiseido/replicel are doing looks much more plausible and potent to me.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really hate to be that annoying naysayer, but those initial phases where practically only safety is tested mean nothing, lets be realistic.

honestly I think their concept only works to a minor extent (small amount of weak new hair that will die out as quickly as it was created), and thats why its still not marketed after all this time. if they need a decade to find some miraculous "special compounds" to make it worthwile, whats the strength of the "but wounding is proven to work" argument in the first place?

if I had to bet, I d say they ll keep delaying for 2-3 years and then just dissapear. what shiseido/replicel are doing looks much more plausible and potent to me.
I agree. Follica imo is not as reliable as shiseido/replicel, not to mention replicel is very active and provides constant updates which seems to indicate that they are fairly confident in their product.
I would love to be wrong about Follica tho.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score

Bro we know The purpose of the first two Phases. Nobody is applauding them For being safe, but rather for maintaining confidence in the product after seeing the results through the first two trials. You realize the costs involved in going through these trials correct? Replicel doesn't even have the money to do a phase 2 which is why the licensed it to sheisido! If they maintain confidence while doing these trials enough so to continue funding odds are that they've got something. Replicel's stock has plummeted, and you put your faith in that treatment cause it looks more potent? Have you tried follica? If not what are you basing your projections off of?

gimmiehairorgimmiedeath

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be great if they find another partner(s) in the world for RCH-01.

Yep, the more the better. Also is a positive sign of it's potential that they have interested licensing parties, although shiseido investing all that they have into it combined with replicel's phase 1 efficacy and safety results is evidence enough for me personally. The results can only go up from there and it demonstrated an overall stabilization of loss over 2 years with just one injection.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would feel more encouraged if I knew the current status of the dispute between Shseido and Replicel. The affilations with other companies is certainly interesting, particularly Innovacell and its primary product:

Product Concept
Innovacell has developed a proprietary product concept. In the first step, cells are extracted from the patient's pectoral muscles by means of a minor biopsy using a tissue punch. In the second step, these cells are specifically propagated in Innovacell's production facility. Finally, the new autologous cells are injected into target tissue, using a gentle, minimally invasive process. The propagated muscle cells (myoblasts) grow into and strengthen the existing sphincter. In this way, the body's own cells are able to heal the SUI or faecal incontinence condition.

The collaboration and controversy has me scratching my head and my butt now. :confused:

john12341

My Regimen
Reaction score
i respect the people holding out for new innovations, but message boards are filled with people who ten years ago wrote, "for sure, in five years, finasteride will be outdated and there will be a cure."

br1

Reaction score
Hold on guys. Shiseido is to reveal their trial data early next year. Almost there!

H

Reaction score
i respect the people holding out for new innovations, but message boards are filled with people who ten years ago wrote, "for sure, in five years, finasteride will be outdated and there will be a cure."
Why are you here?

john12341

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you here?

if you think the only reason to join a hair loss forum is to naively speculate on hair loss cures that are most likely not going to be here for another 20-30 years, then i think you need to take a serious look in the mirror and ask yourself that question.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
@John you have to realize a lot of people on here are sensitive so if you say something realistic or factual you may get backlash unless it's positive.