Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

H

Reaction score
if you think the only reason to join a hair loss forum is to naively speculate on hair loss cures that are most likely not going to be here for another 20-30 years, then i think you need to take a serious look in the mirror and ask yourself that question.
fair enough I did what you said I look deep too and asked why else would a guy be lingering and posting on a hair loss forum specifically on the grouping of threads under new research studies and technology unless it was in hopes that this new research and technology could maybe provide new treatments and came up blank. Please enlighten my naive mind.

john12341

My Regimen
Reaction score
to drop some reality on this thread. one can only take so much of the replicel/shiseido optimism, without empirical research to back it up.

gimmiehairorgimmiedeath

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
to drop some reality on this thread. one can only take so much of the replicel/shiseido optimism, without empirical research to back it up.

There's been a published phase 1 study on it and it is very promising, the premise of it is logical and sound, a huge company is doing phase 2 study over in Japan right now and built a whole facility just for the treatment. This is not the same as random guys 5-10 years ago saying "oh I'm sure something will come along that dethrones finasteride because how could it not amirite?". All signs point to a great outcome even with the replicel/shiseido contract issues, in fact it's a testament to the treatment's validity that the disruption didn't torpedo the whole thing. Shiseido is the real deal, this isn't a rag tag startup promising the world in a desperate attempt to find investors.

Ultimately we're all waiting for Q2 2018 to get here.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score

As in, research published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal? I think that we have to consider the overall context in which these claims are being made. Even 10 and 15 year-old promises for a legit treatment would not be that far off the mark if something is produced soon. We're living in a decade and era when not only are researchers looking at treatments for hair loss, the scientific community are saying they are on the cusp of developing cell-based and pharmaceutical treatments for hearing loss, cartilage, bone, muscle, tendon and liver repair, osteoarthritis, congestive heart failure and so on. Researchers have never really wavered from their efforts to figure out normal HF development and keratinocytes in order to better understand how cancer cells divide so rapidly.

In fact, so many peer-reviewed research papers on hair cycling have been produced that we probably shouldn't be surprised by announcements for new hair loss treatments in the near to mid term.

H

Reaction score
As in, research published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal? I think that we have to consider the overall context in which these claims are being made. Even 10 and 15 year-old promises for a legit treatment would not be that far off the mark if something is produced soon. We're living in a decade and era when not only are researchers looking at treatments for hair loss, the scientific community are saying they are on the cusp of developing cell-based and pharmaceutical treatments for hearing loss, cartilage, bone, muscle, tendon and liver repair, osteoarthritis, congestive heart failure and so on. Researchers have never really wavered from their efforts to figure out normal HF development and keratinocytes in order to better understand how cancer cells divide so rapidly.

In fact, so many peer-reviewed research papers on hair cycling have been produced that we probably shouldn't be surprised by announcements for new hair loss treatments in the near to mid term.
thing that's shitty is we find pieces of the puzzle all the time but can't seem to put them all together its just turtles and mice allllll the way down.

Bf20

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BE grateful guys at least we are not living in Gaza being bombed the sh*t out of , or a starving kid in africa who walks for miles . God bless

br1

Reaction score
They say Replicel will be presenting *new* data on the congress event next week 27 to 30.

I don't think they have anything new to present (at least new to us).. Not for RCH-01, at least.

Any thoughts?

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They say Replicel will be presenting *new* data on the congress event next week 27 to 30.

I don't think they have anything new to present (at least new to us).. Not for RCH-01, at least.

Any thoughts?
I bet it'll be on the injector. That seems to be their focus, yes?

Anna Thorpe

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Any thoughts?

Is the Congress next week?

john12341

My Regimen
Reaction score
150522_RepliCel_docking_01.jpg

this bullshit device is the only thing Replicel is good for.

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score

Any thoughts?

Maybe the Five-year safety data of RCH-01?? we have the two-year safety data but not the other one...

Reactions: br1

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what it is Shisiedo is actually in the process of developing? Is it a new treatment or procedure.. how effective is it looking at reversing and controlling hair loss?

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Humm. Or do we? Know i am not sure if the data they released early this year included the 5 year safety.....

It's difficult to say if the data released included this five-year safety... All we have is Replicel talking about the two-year safety data with a short reference to the five-year safety...

It seems we don't have the analysis of site biopsies of 60.5 months after injection

" Safety
The five-year trial data set has confirmed the complete safety profile of a high-dose of dermal sheath cup cells (DSCC) for patients with pattern baldness due to androgenetic alopecia.

These DSCC form the basis for the Company’s RCH-01 product. The long-term safety of DSCC injections was demonstrated through multiple physician, patient and independent measures of local and systemic tolerance including evaluation of adverse events with respect to causality, incidence, severity and seriousness. No serious adverse events were reported over the entire 60.5-month follow-up period of the trial. Local injection tolerance was confirmed with only a few minor scalp irritations reported around injection sites that resolved quickly soon after injection. Furthermore, histopathological evaluation of injection site biopsies taken six, 12, and 24 months after injection did not reveal any pathology that was suggestive of tumour, granuloma or foreign body formation.
An analysis of injection site biopsies taken 60.5 months after injection is currently ongoing with results expected in the next few weeks. Long-term systemic safety of RCH-01 was also confirmed as none of the systemic adverse events reported during the extended safety evaluation were related to treatment
."

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what it is Shisiedo is actually in the process of developing? Is it a new treatment or procedure.. how effective is it looking at reversing and controlling hair loss?

Shiseido is co-developing RCH-01 (Replicel). In their trial Shiseido test 4 concentrations of autologous hair follicle dermal sheath cup cells .. Multiple injections ? maybe...
Interventions/Control_1 Higher cell concentration
Interventions/Control_2 Intermediate cell concentration
Interventions/Control_3 Lower cell concentration

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Shiseido is co-developing RCH-01 (Replicel). In their trial Shiseido test 4 concentrations of autologous hair follicle dermal sheath cup cells .. Multiple injections ? maybe...
Interventions/Control_1 Higher cell concentration
Interventions/Control_2 Intermediate cell concentration
Interventions/Control_3 Lower cell concentration
I definitely recall them trialing it with multiple injections over a period of time. If the final product does indeed need multiple injections over time its gonna make it a lot more expensive for people flying outside of Japan to get it.