Reporting my story as a 16/17 year old on dutasteride

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
So at this point I have been on Dutasteride for over a month and prior to this I used finasteride for 5 months.

Hair keeps getting thinner. Most likely there is no hope for me, but I promise to update this thread with pictures to show my progress or regress.

Here is 2 weeks ago.

Very hard to capture how little density there is in the front. Will upload more picture later.

Heres the galley I post them to. Its much easier to view them this way.

http://imgur.com/a/paQqV#F97CTcO

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see the left and right hairline are receding at different rates, the left much faster and my entire hairline is moving back not just the corners. I used to have a nice straight hairline

Note that I have a prescription for both finasteride and dutasteride.
I will report if I have any side effects currently just over one month in.

Any contribution is welcome, but please don't bother telling me to stop or calling me an idiot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

42 day dutasteride update
N54M7DGl.jpg

TPEUVVJl.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/5fXW7

please check imgur album, cant upload all the pics here
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

60 days in

its not looking good bros. Reason Im updating so often is that my hairloss I feel is very aggressive so changes can happen very quickly. Let me know if you mind me updating so often. I feel a responsibilty to upload pics since im one fo the few people using dutasteride and one of the very select few using it as 17. Plus, there is no record out there of anyone failing with finasteride but succeeding with dutasteride, so I could be lucky enough to succeed there will be some proof for the poople thinking about trying dutasteride who never had success with finasteride

LA2V0m0l.jpg

BYdZRRgl.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
107 Day Update

Still losing and thinning. Recently noticed hairs on the crown are slowly miniaturizing as well.

Here is the full album with many good pictures: http://imgur.com/a/LvXDJ

O2dxYiY.jpg

pz7oOIN.jpg

isPOctY.jpg

dpAmQ3f.jpg

cVlxmhY.jpg

Whbsg5N.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- May 11th update

Q4Uipr4.jpg

Qyk3BKc.jpg

LXY9wIl.jpg

JhaB03H.jpg

small bald spot forming on the back of my head which was not there before
JhaB03H.jpg

qPpOYCV.jpg

whole hairline receded even further up my head

Well there you have it guys, some people were ingorant enough to say that it is impossible to lose hair while on dutasteride and I think it shows pretty clear that I continued to diffuse thin. Honestly sucks to be faced with this at such a young age.

Heres a link to the full album with many more pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/5Fzk0

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 563

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Why use finasteride for 5 months? Your not going to see any progress so early. You should've sticked with it for a full year

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
I would have told my 16 year old self to start dutasteride. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else under 18 though.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
You are not an idiot. You are a fighter. I would do the same in your shoes.
Good luck!

I would have told my 16 year old self to start dutasteride. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else under 18 though.

Thanks for the support guys

- - - Updated - - -

Hey,

Why use finasteride for 5 months? Your not going to see any progress so early. You should've sticked with it for a full year

Because I saw miniaturization. HI had no real shed just constant hairlosss. Each hair that I lost was thinner near the root than the grown end. I kept growing my hair for all the time I was on treatments to be able to look at the strand of hairs and judging by their thickness be able to tell if it worked for me or not

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I saw miniaturization. HI had no real shed just constant hairlosss. Each hair that I lost was thinner near the root than the grown end. I kept growing my hair for all the time I was on treatments to be able to look at the strand of hairs and judging by their thickness be able to tell if it worked for me or not

Hair needs a few cycles to get thicker, finasteride users see maximum benefit at 15 months

You'll never know if finasteride would have worked for you... You basically waisted 5 months

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair needs a few cycles to get thicker, finasteride users see maximum benefit at 15 months

You'll never know if finasteride would have worked for you... You basically waisted 5 months

why waisted? if finasteride worked for me than dutasteride should do the same and I lost no months. I took finasteride for a month while talking dutasteride to so i gave dutasteride enough time to enter my system.
Plus when I started finasteride I was pretty much NW1 on my right side with slight receding on the left side. Look at it now. Obvious I lost ground. I unfortuantly did not take before pics because I was so confident finasteride would work on me.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why waisted? if finasteride worked for me than dutasteride should do the same and I lost no months. I took finasteride for a month while talking dutasteride to so i gave dutasteride enough time to enter my system.
Plus when I started finasteride I was pretty much NW1 on my right side with slight receding on the left side. Look at it now. Obvious I lost ground. I unfortuantly did not take before pics because I was so confident finasteride would work on me.

Then you wasted 4 months... 4 months is nothing (the thinning 4 months in is caused by DHT miniaturizing the hair before you even started finasteride)

Plus you'll never know if finasteride worked for you or not. And starting dutasteride at age 16 is way more harsh then starting finasteride at age 16 imo.

Nevertheless stay constant with dutasteride now and i'm sure you'll get solid regrowth

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Then you wasted 4 months... 4 months is nothing (the thinning 4 months in is caused by DHT miniaturizing the hair before you even started finasteride)

Plus you'll never know if finasteride worked for you or not. And starting dutasteride at age 16 is way more harsh then starting finasteride at age 16 imo.

Nevertheless stay constant with dutasteride now and i'm sure you'll get solid regrowth

Thats the thing I'm terrified that my hairloss is far to agressive for these treatments to work on me. I mean how many guys start balding at 16. Im sure finasteride did not work for me. The terminal hairs I had minautized during the time I was on finasteride. This was clean in the thickness of the strand I was losing. Thicker away from follicle. I know its hard for you to understand but im sure

hairlifted

Established Member
Reaction score
Good for you on starting early, Im sure many here wished they did the same. What side effects have you noticed if any? Its more potent than finasteride so Ive heard the side effects can be stronger as well. Sounds like youre on the right track though!

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Good for you on starting early, Im sure many here wished they did the same. What side effects have you noticed if any? Its more potent than finasteride so Ive heard the side effects can be stronger as well. Sounds like youre on the right track though!

Just weaker erections, and a little less sperm volume. With finasteride i was completly fine, like no side effects. Nowdays sometimes the boners are rock hard but most times they're like 70% lol. Not too worried about it tho

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
42 Day dutasteride update

Fo4O6uV.jpg

NAEeyXO.jpg

dont know how to make images small

- - - Updated - - -

Yea like I said dont know how to make these images small. Ill post the imgur album link again, I think its much better that way anyway.

http://imgur.com/a/5fXW7

Things are still very bad. Only see them getting worse.

Hairs keep miniaturizing and receding even ore. When I starting finasteride 6 moths ago I was a thick nw1 on the right side and now even thats gone to crap. Losing Hope

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey DontWant2BeBald,

You've still got great hair. Definitely stay on Dutasteride if you're really getting miniaturization of the hair follicles. I suggest to add a Ketoconazole shampoo into your regimen to help stabilize scalp conditions, and use Minoxidil for hair regrowth.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
stop taking that now and go to see a competant doctor (preferabaly not the one who wrote you the dutasteride prescription) to make sure you haven't done yourself any permenent harm.

that's my advice.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright 60 day update and I only keep losing hope. Its not like I'm experiancing a major shed or anything. I dont even notice the hairs falling out most of the time but there is a difference in my hairline in just 12 days. WTF

ihockChl.jpg

XrmvgEKl.jpg

SM6CjfFl.jpg

I4d8ScBl.jpg

LA2V0m0l.jpg

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Try postibg pics at the same angel and light pls

- - - Updated - - -

Try posting pics at the same angel and light pls