Reporting my story as a 16/17 year old on dutasteride

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
GET OFF dutasteride. Your hair is literally amazing.... The average person would think your hair is thick and beautiful. dutasteride is destroying your puberty. Your BRAIN and BODY are still developing. The Brain develops until 24! You are risking your sexual and mental health when you have PERFECT hair! Stop the craziness! My hair was WORSE than this at 16.... I'm 20 now and my balding is still undetectable and I have never been on finasteride or dutasteride

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
90% of posters are so dumb seriously. The average Joe gets on the internet and reads a view articles maybe a few post and starts to act like they are an expert making super bold claims like "anyone under 18 should not be doing this"

You morons do realize people mature at different rates right? There is no set timeline that once you pass 18 you are done growing and only then should you start finasteride. Some of you guys are so closed minded

I assume you have left the building, since this post is like 9 months old...If you read this, I will just say a couple things. Your point here is only valid if you're a doctor, or have a PhD in biochemistry and thoroughly understand every single physiological process within your own personal body and STILL wish to role the dice. You don't know if you're done maturing. You don't know what long term effects dutasteride is going to have on the complete development of your systems. They are not the one's here that are close minded my friend. Sorry to say that. The smart person would deduct that, yes taking dutasteride at your age is o.k... but ONLY if you value your hair more than your overall physical health. You know you're rolling the dice and messing around with some seriously strong stuff, I don't need to tell you that. I get it man. i am 33 years old for Christ's sake and hair loss is traumatizing still. I take dutasteride. Just, please don't go into this with the mindset that it's completely safe, because simply put, it is not. Either way, good luck my friend.

Reactions: WMQ

2Young4This

Reaction score
OP, you have heard this a lot but I beg you to stop.

You have fantastic hair and, like many others, I truly believe that you are overestimating your hair loss. At your age on dutasteride, you are seriously putting yourself at risk of having long-term side effects that you will regret. Everyone on this forum cares about their hair, but most agree that having hair is not worth losing your sexual function.

I am 20 years old, started finasteride at age 19 and took it for 3 months. I made the decision yesterday to stop due to decreased sex drive, very few erections, loss of penis sensitivity, and only about 80% hardness. It got to a point where I started to have trouble ejaculating (see my post about side effects). You mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you were experiencing some of these side effects, this is a sign to STOP. Stop now and let your body go back to normal while you still can. Try alternative treatments if you'd like, but don't destroy your body. If you keep going you could cause irreversible damage.

From one young person to another, I understand your plight, but please take care of yourself. Feel free to reach me over PM if you'd like to talk privately.

Henry

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score

pretty amazed you found that thread. Also lol at @ how people talked about me like I was dead.

Im back and with updates

1) I take finasteride now
2)Hair loss hadnt progressed too much but the crown was starting to thin too
3) I found what works for me and wont share with this forum but I belive that I have cured hairloss.
3) The flutamide lotions or the estrogen lotions I was trying never worked. I dont think that its able to penetrate the scalp at all and I even tried it with glyceryl oleate.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
pretty amazed you found that thread. Also lol at @ how people talked about me like I was dead.

Im back and with updates

3) I found what works for me and wont share with this forum but I belive that I have cured hairloss.
3) The flutamide lotions or the estrogen lotions I was trying never worked. I dont think that its able to penetrate the scalp at all and I even tried it with glyceryl oleate.
How is your hair now?

cybersk8er

My Regimen
Reaction score
what the f*** are you on about. you have no balding whatsoever, i wouldnt even take a finasteride route even. you're paranoid as f***.

Last edited:

cybersk8er

My Regimen
Reaction score

Im back and with updates

you are a deadset scum, you found the cure but wont share. i hope someone fkin lights your hair on fire c***.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
DontWant2BeBald, can you tell me about your current regimen? PM if you want.
P. S. I am not one of those guys who think that finasteride and dutasteride is enough for stopping hairloss.

Last edited:

alta562

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im like looking at all these posts. I think the kid is over reacting. Your hairline is fine. I've seen people at your age with much worse hairline. How the hell did a doctor even prescribed you that stuff? Anyways, its messed up that no one mentioned you have a mature hairline. You don't seem to have male pattern baldness mainly because YOU don't have a bald spot on the back. It is normal to have some miniaturized hairs up in the front. I roll with long hair and I barely noticed I got a mature hairline (Im amazed how long it took me to get rid of the child hairline I had) but yeah get off that stuff or at least get a biopsy to see if you even have male pattern baldness. I don't even think you ever did a biopsy to see if you have it. Don't jump into things without making sure if you have it. I also want to add your hair is thick just like mine. It doesnt look like its thinning. It is normal for hair to shed. male pattern baldness isn't about shedding hair. Hell, ever since I was 13 when I grew my hair my hair always shed like crazy. male pattern baldness is more based on your hair miniaturizing to where your crown stats going bald. It is normal to sees your scalp when your hair is wet. Your hair is thick and I honestly don't see any recession besides you getting a early mature hairline. Anyways, I do hope you get off that stuff. But I know how you feel. I used to freak out too until I was told by my dad that I always had that M shaped widows peak since I was a kid. It is normal to shed hair when its thick and its normal to see some hairline to recede. You need to calm down.