Reporting my story as a 16/17 year old on dutasteride

themiz1234

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude you are insane. Your "balding" is minimal and you are SIXTEEN YEARS OLD. Jesus christ. dutasteride and spironolactone already?? You are seriously going to mess yourself up. If this is your reaction at this stage of "balding" I wish you best of luck in 3-4 years.

Christ, some people.
Agreed, OP needs to get some psychiatric help.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like balding to me.

fullhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude's going to have a limp dick as he hasn't sexually matured yet. Why are you all encouraging for his "early" action on treating male pattern baldness?

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not gonna be like everyone else on here and call you dumb for starting dutasteride at such a young age. it's not without its risks but i understand why you did it.

what i will call you out on is that i think you're very seriously overestimating your hair loss, seriously. you're going full doom-sayer saying there's no hope for you and this and that. dude, you're like a NW1 right now.. why are you so worried? dutasteride blocks over 99% of DHT, seriously it is literally almost impossible to lose hair while on dutasteride. you're not losing any wars if you're on dutasteride, so just calm down and stop thinking about your hair loss so much.

i think you have a case of body dysmorphic disorder or something in all seriousness. i have something similar so i know what its like to worry incessantly about your appearance.. maybe you should consider seeking psychiatric help.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna be like everyone else on here and call you dumb for starting dutasteride at such a young age. it's not without its risks but i understand why you did it.

what i will call you out on is that i think you're very seriously overestimating your hair loss, seriously. you're going full doom-sayer saying there's no hope for you and this and that. dude, you're like a NW1 right now.. why are you so worried? dutasteride blocks over 99% of DHT, seriously it is literally almost impossible to lose hair while on dutasteride. you're not losing any wars if you're on dutasteride, so just calm down and stop thinking about your hair loss so much.

i think you have a case of body dysmorphic disorder or something in all seriousness. i have something similar so i know what its like to worry incessantly about your appearance.. maybe you should consider seeking psychiatric help.

The hairs are all significantly thinner towards the root than at the top. Also the problem is that testosterone also can cause hairloss if your follicles are sensitive to it which I beleive mine are. Thirdly, It looks like I am a NW1 with no significant loss because the hairs are very long at the top, just curly to hide the hairloss, and my entire hairline is receding even the middle which is why it looks like a NW1

abutton

Reaction score
You don't have a receding hairline.

1) No hairline is straight, this doesn't mean it's receding.
2) You're developing a mature hairline. Look at where your temples are; it hasn't gone backward whatsoever.
3) The hairs at start of a hairline always appear thinner and sometimes shorter (this happens when hair snaps due to pulling hair back - for hairstyles etc) WOMEN HAVE THIS TOO.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
You're not balding. Seek psychiatric help like others have said.

TransientHair

Established Member
Reaction score
It honestly seems like you have BDD. I would only advocate the use of 5ARI before 18 if the hair loss was incredibly aggressive, which yours is clearly not.

DFWdesperado

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not seeing much, if any, hairloss either..Your hairline isn't perfectly straight, but most aren't and most people don't keep the same exact low/juvenile hairline forever. Hope youre ok and aren't dealing with any serious side effects.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey my friend i have ur age, u take prescription from ur GP?
And is easy take prescription from GP?
U had side Effects from finasteride and u feel good?

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey my friend i have ur age, u take prescription from ur GP?
And is easy take prescription from GP?
U had side Effects from finasteride and u feel good?
Almost impossible to get a prescription for dutasteride here in Canada but a good dermatologist will prescribe finasteride. I had no sides at all from finasteride and some on dutasteride

And of course I dont feel good, I'm losing my hair

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh look, the non-balding 16 year-old who takes dutasteride because of his BDD.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
You have to be retarded to deny there is quite a lot of hairloss in the pictures
Hahahaha !
Alright okay I looked at your imgur pics, they're more convincing but still, this treatment is too intense for the little loss you have. Be careful when using dutasteride at such a young age, especially if you do not need it.
You overestimate the amount of your loss, the curvy V shape of your hairline is genetic and a lot of people who aren't balding have the same (Justin Timberlake, Leonardo Dicaprio -okay his temples are a bit receded-..), look at other people's hairline, it's quite uncommon.

I guarantee you will still have a full head of hair in 40 years even if you take as little as two capsules a month. Just my two cents.

rogerackroyd

Reaction score
You hairline is not receding at all and your hair is thick as f***. Of course you're going to see scalp when your hair is soaking wet and you point bright light directly at your head.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You hairline is not receding at all and your hair is thick as f***. Of course you're going to see scalp when your hair is soaking wet and you point bright light directly at your head.

Exactly this is clear BDD. You are trying so hard to look for hairloss when clearly you are a thick nw1.

Look at this shot of Mark Wahlberg from 12 years ago. EVERYONE's hair looks thinner when it's soaking wet. And there isn't even a bright light pointed up close like in your pics. That was from the Italian job (2003). it is now 2015 and he is still nw1

2a5x4hs.png

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
You all act like hairloss begins at NW3. The dude has some recession, but anyway, his hairline is better than mine and even Im getting attacked and told that I have BDD

So much this. Few people are actually able to spot hairloss at early stages