SAFE AND HARMFUL CHEMICAL FREE TAPE FOR HAIR SYSTEMS

Fanjeera

Reaction score
This is why it's dangerous to do exactly what you're doing. Respectfully, you are not understanding what you're reading.

A material safety data Sheet is required by osha which is occupational health and safety. It is not a scientific study for a long term exposure with humans. It is meant for accidental cases of occupational exposure. In an occupational environment, such as manufacturing the adhesive, they wear protective respirators,clothing, and gloves....the factory has an air filtration system.... they are not choosingly putting it on their bare skin....nor breathing the fumes.

What is considered negligible is if you accidentally get it on your skin and immediately wash it off according to their instruction. That would be a negligible exposure. Leaving it on your skin 24hr a day
.. 6 out of 7 days a week...is absolutely the complete opposite of an occupational exposure.

It absolutely does not say that long term exposure, to humans is a negligible risk.
But of course they still very happily use that msds to back their claim up that it's totally safe and medical grade and approved.

TexanGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading about this stuff although I knew it in the back of my mind is depressing, maybe I can stick on a hair system with some gum? lol. Have looked on the net for a natural based alternative glue manufacturer even for a non-exposed system like mono with bangs but haven't found anything yet

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading about this stuff although I knew it in the back of my mind is depressing, maybe I can stick on a hair system with some gum? lol. Have looked on the net for a natural based alternative glue manufacturer even for a non-exposed system like mono with bangs but haven't found anything yet
Ghostbond is a better option.

TexanGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ghostbond is a better option.
Seems so, they say some good things like "our formula contains no nasty chemicals, no latex and no toxic ingredients." although I can't find their ingredients listed anywhere. In the past I was thinking tape was the way to go but now I don't feel that way, compared to tapes ghostbond is definitely seeming to be better.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems so, they say some good things like "our formula contains no nasty chemicals, no latex and no toxic ingredients." although I can't find their ingredients listed anywhere. In the past I was thinking tape was the way to go but now I don't feel that way, compared to tapes ghostbond is definitely seeming to be better.
True tape also say their supertape doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals but no ingredients provided.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
How come you don’t use ghostbond? Does it not last long for you?
Doesn't work with my body chemistry, I have oily skin.

It's the 1st adhesive I used. It would immediately turn white and lift when I got hot.

I can't believe it doesn't turn back to white for everyone... but there's many people that swear by it.... And I don't think they'd be lying.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't work with my body chemistry, I have oily skin.

It's the 1st adhesive I used. It would immediately turn white and lift when I got hot.

I can't believe it doesn't turn back to white for everyone... but there's many people that swear by it.... And I don't think they'd be lying.
I’m just experimenting it at the moment. I have sweated a lot but it hasn’t turned white surprisingly.

my issue with it is just the overall extra maintenance required with liquid adhesive over tape which I’m not sure I’m prepared to do on a weekly basis

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I wish there was more transparency
The answers are public though. People just don't want to face it. They feel if the tape manufacturer tells them it's safe and tested, then that must be true. I'm telling you, without a doubt, these chemicals enter the bloodstream at a consistent rate and they are harmful to all organs.... .

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The answers are public though. People just don't want to face it. They feel if the tape manufacturer tells them it's safe and tested, then that must be true. I'm telling you, without a doubt, these chemicals enter the bloodstream at a consistent rate and they are harmful to all organs.... .
They are only transparent with liquid adhesive. With tape, I don’t think we will ever know the true extent of the harm it is doing to our bodies until extensive research and tests are done on long term exposure to human health.

walker tape have said some liquid adhesives and tapes may share the same name (ultra hold) but not necessarily the same ingredients. So until we know what is inside tape we don’t know how harmful it is

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
They are only transparent with liquid adhesive. With tape, I don’t think we will ever know the true extent of the harm it is doing to our bodies until extensive research and tests are done on long term exposure to human health.

walker tape have said some liquid adhesives and tapes may share the same name (ultra hold) but not necessarily the same ingredients. So until we know what is inside tape we don’t know how harmful it is
I have spoken with Walker tape, and they are the same ingredients. I have repeated this countless times.

When I assert a point, it's not my belief.. it's facual.

TexanGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
True, just the fact it uses something like plastics and says minimal parabens is already a negative.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ghostbond update. I very, very methodically put on a piece using Ghostbond Platinum w/ 2-3 layers depending on placement. I don't just paint my head & stick it on.

I position the piece on my head & secure the center, to anchor it. Then I do the rest.

I did use scalp protector, but only Walker's weakest variety, in spray form. I don't know how much it does because when I sprayed it on my arm before using it on my head, I went to bed & when I woke up, I did see any translucent film where I had sprayed it.

For comparison, when I use the Thick form, I absolutely see a film on my arm, foot, wherever I apply it, for days afterward.

This application literally took an hour & was very methodical. It's been 3 days and there is slight - but not egregious - lifting in the front. I have also showered w the hair - a mono unit my brother sent me because he didn't like the color - and conditioned it in the shower, styling w product afterward.

No issues. Very impressed.

I never had an issue w Ghostbond turning white after a few hrs of cure time - the hold was just substandard.

1 hour is quite some time to apply a wig to the head when using tape takes 5-10 min per attachment - but whatever. I've something secure on my head.

It does look ridiculous, though, as I'm waiting to get a haircut & hate long hair. I have it in a ponytail over a full head buzz w a trimmer with no attachment head - I don't know if that's called a 1 or 0.

I'm stunned by mono. This, for whatever reason, is not a medium density, wig-like unit. It actually looks just like french lace from the top.

Mono is SO STRONG it's not even funny. You can certainly cut it with a razor or scissors, but stretching it won't tear it (I don't think). It's extraordinarily robust - and very breathable.

I can myself RUBBING this thing vigorously w a alcohol 99 or C22 or Rapid Release & a towel to clean the mess off the base.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Ghostbond update. I very, very methodically put on a piece using Ghostbond Platinum w/ 2-3 layers depending on placement. I don't just paint my head & stick it on.

I position the piece on my head & secure the center, to anchor it. Then I do the rest.

I did use scalp protector, but only Walker's weakest variety, in spray form. I don't know how much it does because when I sprayed it on my arm before using it on my head, I went to bed & when I woke up, I did see any translucent film where I had sprayed it.

For comparison, when I use the Thick form, I absolutely see a film on my arm, foot, wherever I apply it, for days afterward.

This application literally took an hour & was very methodical.
So what and where exactly is this very methodical applying of Ghostbond? Why did it take an hour? You need to put 4 layers. 3 layers may lift after a day. There's a big difference between 3 and 4 layers. And the method on the bottle says 4 layers, so why not also that?