Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw this from the editorial notes
"Given the extremely scarce availability of human scalp HFs, classical dose-response studies are generally not possible, and the test agent concentrations used must be carefully selected. The choice of 500µM was based on the previously established dose–response curve of Sandalore® -induced Ca2+ signals on HaCaT cells and human keratinocytes (Busse et al., 2014) where the IC50 was 430µM. In this previous study, we had also shown that, at 500µM, the proliferation and migration of human epidermal keratinocytesissignificantly increased compared to vehicle and that the reepithelialisation of experimental human skin wounds ex vivo is significantly accelerated, while concentrations below 100µM failed to activate OR2AT4 (Busse et al., 2014)."
There's no mention of it having an inhibitor effect at concentrations above 500uM, but it's probably safer just putting a few drops in your minoxidil bottle. I can't read the entire study mentioned as only the abstract is available, but my best guess is that the Sandalore curve probably looks similar to that of Finasteride.

Hans79

My Regimen
Reaction score
im using 50% ethanol, 30% pg, 20 polysorb80.
I can't afford to experiment with sandalore anymore. I need to regrow lost hair back first.
You're using all that chemical sh*t on your head and you think its Sandalore causing the problem? I doubt that very much as we know from studies Sandalore promotes hair growth.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it’s the polysorbate80? It causes irritation.

You're using all that chemical sh*t on your head and you think its Sandalore causing the problem? I doubt that very much as we know from studies Sandalore promotes hair growth.

I've been using this combo for a couple of years now. I never thinned this much while on seti. It has to be Sandalore. I also got particularly darker and thicker individual hairs on my cheeks. They stand out a lot. I think Sandalore goes systemic and increases sensitivity to androgens.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We definitely don’t know that we are properly replicating the studies. We could be using too much Sandalore, or it’s possible some people are allergic to it.

Studies have shown that increased serum IGF is bad for hair. It correlated with increased vertex balding. Studies have shown that increasing dermal IGF can lead to increased acne even though it greatly improves collagen. There could be androgen changes in play. Finally, it seems like most treatments that work for hairloss inhibit collagen to some degree.

I’m not saying sandalore wont work. I’m using it. I’m simply saying we don’t have enough info to make the conclusion that this is going to work for everyone.

Hans79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's the catch 22, any time you start taking something that might help hair loss say Minoxidil theres a good chance your going to see some shedding as this is going to more then likely put your hair into the telogen state (hair life cycle ending). Unless my hair was falling out like I had stepped into a nuclear reactor think I would stick with it for a few months, but if your current regime is working then stick with it.

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Propylene glycol is much more irritant that ethanol. I use 96º ethanol as vehicle. I hope you get back on Sandalore in the near term.
We all need data on this. I currently have no detectable shedding but can't pinpoint if it is the Sandalore or the LLLT....
Do you think the LLLT is effective at all?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think the LLLT is effective at all?

yes, some people respond very well to LLLT, but for the average, helps in maintenance and/or slowing down

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so I diluted my .5% (1 drop per 10ml) solution to ~2 drops per 100ml and was still shedding. Scalp still felt a bit sensitive, indicating inflammation.

Dumped everything and now shedding is reduced by 80%.

I'm staying away from this sh*t, its too complicated to make it work. Your vehicle and concentration must be perfect, or you start losing hair. Sensitivity might also play a huge role.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so I diluted my .5% (1 drop per 10ml) solution to ~2 drops per 100ml and was still shedding. Scalp still felt a bit sensitive, indicating inflammation.

Dumped everything and now shedding is reduced by 80%.

I'm staying away from this sh*t, its too complicated to make it work. Your vehicle and concentration must be perfect, or you start losing hair. Sensitivity might also play a huge role.
I've expirenced shedding on scalp from micro needling and applying sandalore. I've gone back to using vanicream as a vehicle as I think the alcohol solution was causing the problem.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right side temple progress. Hair is considerably longer so might be giving it the illusion of progress

Attachments

• 20190314_091358.jpg
    20190314_091358.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 727

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've expirenced shedding on scalp from micro needling and applying sandalore. I've gone back to using vanicream as a vehicle as I think the alcohol solution was causing the problem.
Shock loss from the needling?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anybody's skin drying out because of the alcohol? my temples are flaking.

a couple of weeks ago I was having irritation due to the vehicle. it burned.
at the same time, I was tapering dutasteride and a huge peak of androgens flushed my body. I had my first acne breakout in twelve years at age 38. libido through the roof. so I assumed androgens >> sebum >> inflamation.
I went back to duta daily and all symptoms disappeared.

don't taper dutasteride, you will lose lots of hair. wait for chinese breezula.