Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
before... happy new year to all!
I think that miniaturized or atrophied hair probably reactivates, recovers or regenerates much more slowly than normal hair and I think is the reason that in the first weeks there is better quality of existing hair but only after a few months we see safe regeneration of lost hair

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Happy new year everyone. Quick update week 2 left and week 8 right. Not sure about any new regrowth now maybe just thickening of exsisting hair
thank you for your contribution and sorry to bother, are the photos showing hair trimmed to the same exact length? thanks.

turfboy

Reaction score
Recently had a haircut, my normal buzz. This is a photo with more comparable hair length.

Left pic is Dec31, right pic is from Nov 24. Note that the newer pic seems more clear.

dec31left-nov24right.png

turfboy

Reaction score
Since the photo above is somewhat far away, I will later post a closeup view to see what is going on more clearly.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if you’ve answered this but are you using just Sandalore? What is the mixture?

turfboy posted in Dec 24th:

As I said, there has been some trial and error, but here is what I've been doing the past 6 weeks.

Week 1 - mixture of cod liver oil (1050 mg Omega 3 plus vitamins A and D) and approx. 1.5% sandalore. I also have androgenetic alopecia itch and from time to time douse my head in tea (most recently black tea leaves steeped in hot water). The polyphenos/antioxidants make my scalp feel better and reduce inflammation, the caffeine is said to benefit hair growth. Green tea is also good (I believe not as many antioxidants as the black but it also has EGCG which is said to stimulate hair growth)

Notes: scalp felt better, perhaps a slight thickening, darkening difficult to say.

Week 2 - changed mixture to 20% rubbing alcohol (isopropyl 91%) and approx. 1.25% sandalore and 78.75% distilled water approx.

Notes: this liquid mixture was more difficult to keep on (can run down scalp) and it dried very quickly.

Week 3-6 changed mixture to 20% rubbing alcohol (ethyl 70%) then added 1.25% sandalore and then added this to 78.75% distilled water. I also started using a peppermint oil spray daily (also continued to douse head with black tea several times a week)

Notes: A noticeable thickening and signs of new growth began to appear

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@turfboy A lot of the time new treatments can introduce vellus hairs which don't become terminal, but if those are genuinely new hairs from sandalore then it looks like they are already terminal, that would be really significant. Thanks for updating.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re here after using the nuclear ☢️ of regimes! There’s no hope for any of us then!

I've had good results but the vellus hairs at the front of my scalp are the bane of my existence. If I can get them to thicken up and become terminal, that's all I really need to be happy with my hair. Sandalore interests me in particular because it seems to be very good for this and it works fast at it apparently. I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get into the routine of it.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
turfboy posted in Dec 24th:

As I said, there has been some trial and error, but here is what I've been doing the past 6 weeks.

Week 1 - mixture of cod liver oil (1050 mg Omega 3 plus vitamins A and D) and approx. 1.5% sandalore. I also have androgenetic alopecia itch and from time to time douse my head in tea (most recently black tea leaves steeped in hot water). The polyphenos/antioxidants make my scalp feel better and reduce inflammation, the caffeine is said to benefit hair growth. Green tea is also good (I believe not as many antioxidants as the black but it also has EGCG which is said to stimulate hair growth)

Notes: scalp felt better, perhaps a slight thickening, darkening difficult to say.

Week 2 - changed mixture to 20% rubbing alcohol (isopropyl 91%) and approx. 1.25% sandalore and 78.75% distilled water approx.

Notes: this liquid mixture was more difficult to keep on (can run down scalp) and it dried very quickly.

Week 3-6 changed mixture to 20% rubbing alcohol (ethyl 70%) then added 1.25% sandalore and then added this to 78.75% distilled water. I also started using a peppermint oil spray daily (also continued to douse head with black tea several times a week)

Notes: A noticeable thickening and signs of new growth began to appear
So basically it’s really hard to say which mixture gave him the best results. Rubbing alcohol seems to be the easiest. Any links for the said items?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It appears minoxidil and sandalore work in similar ways

Mechanism of action of minoxidil in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia is likely mediated by mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate synthase-induced stem cell differentiation.
Goren A1,2, Naccarato T1, Situm M3, Kovacevic M2, Lotti T2, McCoy J1.
Author information

Abstract
Topical minoxidil is the only topical drug approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. However, the exact mechanism by which minoxidil stimulates anagen phase and promotes hair growth is not fully understood. In the late telegen phase of the hair follicle growth cycle, stem cells located in the bulge region differentiate and re-enter anagen phase, a period of growth lasting 2-6 years. In androgenetic alopecia, the anagen phase is shortened and a progressive miniaturization of hair follicles occurs, eventually leading to hair loss. Several studies have demonstrated that minoxidil increases the amount of intracellular Ca2+, which has been shown to up-regulate the enzyme adenosine triphosphate (ATP) synthase. A recent study demonstrated that ATP synthase, independent of its role in ATP synthesis, promotes stem cell differentiation. As such, we propose that minoxidil induced Ca2+ influx can increase stem cell differentiation and may be a key factor in the mechanism by which minoxidil facilitates hair growth. Based on our theory, we provide a roadmap for the development of a new class of drugs for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia.

Nature Study:
As the outermost barrier of the body, the skin is exposed to multiple environmental factors, including temperature, humidity, mechanical stress, and chemical stimuli such as odorants that are often used in cosmetic articles. Keratinocytes, the major cell type of the epidermal layer, express a variety of different sensory receptors that enable them to react to various environmental stimuli and process information in the skin. Here we report the identification of a novel type of chemoreceptors in human keratinocytes, the olfactory receptors (ORs). We cloned and functionally expressed the cutaneous OR, OR2AT4, and identified Sandalore, a synthetic sandalwood odorant, as an agonist of this receptor. Sandalore induces strong Ca2+ signals in cultured human keratinocytes, which are mediated by OR2AT4, as demonstrated by receptor knockdown experiments using RNA interference.