Scientists finally discover sugar that could cure male pattern baldness

Vieo

My Regimen
Reaction score
A naturally occurring sugar called 2-deoxy-D-ribose (2dDR) may boost hair growth.

Scientists at the University of Sheffield and COMSATS University Pakistan have discovered a sugar compound that could play a role in hair restoration.

They found that a naturally occurring sugar called 2-deoxy-D-ribose, or 2dDR for short, can boost hair growth by promoting the formation of new blood vessels. This vital process nourishes hair follicles, supporting them to produce new hair.

Over the past eight years, the team focused on using 2dDR sugar to stimulate blood vessel growth for wound repair. Unexpectedly, they noticed a correlation between wound healing and increased hair growth.

Results indicate that deoxyribose sugar matches Minoxidil’s efficacy in stimulating hair growth, presenting a promising natural treatment option.

https://interestingengineering.com/science/sugar-discovery-could-cure-male-pattern-baldness

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another Petri dish success… However the male human scalp is not a petri-dish.
The follicles are in various states of damage while the Petri dish follicle are pristine.. That said I’ll read the paper & report back..This is their magic ingredient:
2-Deoxy-D-ribose sugar (Cat. No. 00613) was purchased from Chem-Impex International, United States.
They also like Panax Ginseng
Doesn’t look you need much of this product to test it 25 grams ought to be enough.
1722090708541.jpeg

Last edited:

johngaltman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its funny how the time goes.

15 years ago I came to this or another forum. I dont remember. There were plenty of news about the different cure for 2015 or so.

And I was thinking, why does it take so long. Its almost forever. lol

Well yeah. 2024 and still nothing. I guess there will be nothing for the nearest 20 years.
I was hoping for hair cloning but still silence.

curlwaves

My Regimen
Reaction score
If this, on Amazon, is the same stuff, I'll buy it, make a cream or gel out of it, add it to my stack, and report back with results in 6 months.

https://www.amazon.com/Servings-Nat...ag=se&keywords=d-ribose&qid=1721884742&sr=8-4
There's seems to be a slight difference.
D ribose is widely available. But the formula is. C5 H10 O5

This 2 deoxy d ribose
Seems to be
C5 H10 O4!
So it's slightly different how much of an impact that has is the question.

There is an independent study seemingly supporting the angiogenic potential of this compound 2deoxy d ribose. And testing potential for wound healing.

The problem is ofcourse the widely available d ribose is likely the first and not the one they tested. I'm not sure the difference between the two.

But it seems fairly significant.

I'm not finding enough to support using d ribose.

Edit:
Sourcing deoxy ribose is the thing tho. There's many cheap sources. I've been looking but it's hard to get where I live since it's a research chemical.

Last edited:

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s another shot in the dark..
I could buy 25grs for $30 .. It doesn’t appear dangerous.. just a precurser to the common formulation

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
A naturally occurring sugar called 2-deoxy-D-ribose (2dDR) may boost hair growth.

Scientists at the University of Sheffield and COMSATS University Pakistan have discovered a sugar compound that could play a role in hair restoration.

They found that a naturally occurring sugar called 2-deoxy-D-ribose, or 2dDR for short, can boost hair growth by promoting the formation of new blood vessels. This vital process nourishes hair follicles, supporting them to produce new hair.

Over the past eight years, the team focused on using 2dDR sugar to stimulate blood vessel growth for wound repair. Unexpectedly, they noticed a correlation between wound healing and increased hair growth.

Results indicate that deoxyribose sugar matches Minoxidil’s efficacy in stimulating hair growth, presenting a promising natural treatment option.

https://interestingengineering.com/science/sugar-discovery-could-cure-male-pattern-baldness

Stimulation of hair regrowth in an animal model of androgenic alopecia using 2-deoxy-D-ribose ---- ?​

Nothing nes, wait in human models