Shooky's Story (20/ Inspiring young balding)

shookwun

Reaction score
It dissappeared. But then again when I was a teenager i literally would take a shower E5D. The sebum build up and inflammation is what causes hair loss. Followed by the male pattern baldness itch

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey shookwun, I had the problem with the super greasy/oily hair and scalp along with intensive inflammation and losing massive amounts of hair. The excessive greasiness/oiliness and intense inflammation completely subsided when I got on Dutasteride, it's such a huge relief.

Did any of the greasiness/oiliness and inflammation subside when you got on Finasteride?

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey shookwun, I had the problem with the super greasy/oily hair and scalp along with intensive inflammation and losing massive amounts of hair. The excessive greasiness/oiliness and intense inflammation completely subsided when I got on Dutasteride, it's such a huge relief.

Did any of the greasiness/oiliness and inflammation subside when you got on Finasteride?

Did you try finasteride before starting dutasteride. I have intense itching mostly on the sides, back and crown. It all started after I got on finasteride and now im considering switching to dutasteride for a month and see if it subsides. your thoughts?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you try finasteride before starting dutasteride. I have intense itching mostly on the sides, back and crown. It all started after I got on finasteride and now im considering switching to dutasteride for a month and see if it subsides. your thoughts?

I don't want to hijack this thread since it's about shookwun, though your consideration of switching 5-AR inhibitors would be a big decision.

I've never taken Finasteride before, I went straight to taking Dutasteride. Since I suffer from aggressive Male Pattern Baldness, I went straight to taking Avodart since I feared that Propecia wouldn't work well for me. I personally think it's strange that you started getting intense itching after starting Finasteride, the itching should have lessened. Could it be possible that you don't respond very well to Finasteride and your Androgenetic Alopecia is getting stronger? Both 5-AR inhibitors are great at treating male pattern baldness; however, in terms of DHT suppression and better maintainence, Dutasteride is better.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

I also got intense itching/inflammation only after I started using finasteride. I'm still trying to understand it to be honest, it obviously means I'm a poor responder to 5AR inhibitors and they actually speed up my male pattern baldness. The only way I can see that could happen is finasteride upregulating androgen receptors so they're more sensitive to DHT. It's so confusing.

I'm not sure if switching to dutasteride would just make that worse. Please let us know if you do try it though.

8_ball

Reaction score
I'm happy to see your change, your hair looks very good to me. Continue your treatmen, the way you are doing the things is the right way. Your story reminds me of mine, I started to lose my hair when I was about your age but you have more hair than me at your age. Continue with what you are doing.

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks really nice. Any finasteride sides?
And Turkey is the best choice for FUE=)

shookwun

Reaction score
No changes in regards to natural progression. Chemical damage on other hand..

I've been taking copius amounts of harsh androgenic steroids and my sides are starting to thin a bit. Asides from that he hair on top is very healthy.

I'm on the process of going through with my second surgery with Dr rahal again as he is having a promotional offer of 50% off for those who have already had a surgery with him

I will be getting an additional 1000 rafts as quoted to fully reconstruct my temple points, and angle closure. Will also be grafting the fut scar.

Kind regards

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some say dutasteride is better if you're on a cycle. And this sounds obvious but just saying, make sure there are no hidden DHT derivatives in what you take, even small amounts. It will render finasteride/dutasteride useless.

Look forward to your successful transplant and hopefully see the updates here one day!

shookwun

Reaction score
Wolf Pack.

Dianabol - dht derivative

Tren on paper shouldnt cause hairloss but has a 500:500 androgenic:anabolix ratio in comparison to test which is like 100:100. Oh well..... I'm actually surprised with the nature of my male pattern baldness and hair loss history how well I'm handling these drugs.

When I took just testosterone nothing happened. To be honest I don't mind. The sides were going to go anyway

Reaction score
Unreal story

Hey man, I'm 20 and just signed up on this site. Just wanted to say that your story is inspirational and I learned a lot. Best of luck to you!

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Why do you need steroids at 25 years of age? Are you a professional athlete?

shookwun

Reaction score
Hated being skinny. Bodybuilder naturally for close to three years then hopped on the gas to go the next level.

A lot of drugs, proper knowledge on dieting and of course staying consistent on lifting involved in developing a great calibre physique. Unless you have a naturally big bone structure you will always look tiny as a natural lifter. Big bones give the illusion of being muscular when in reality most have little muscle but he frame makes up for it. Tiny framed individuals need to pack on enough muscle to make up for this which generally involves chemicals.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
How big were you before steroids, and how big are you now?

Having a small bone structure, I get what you're saying. I hate my scrawny wrists :sad:

shookwun

Reaction score
I was 120lb before I started lifting. Five years later 190ish lb. Having small bones only works when u pack on a **** load of muscle, look bigger the u acually are
Illusion through small joints and big muscles.

Before steroids I managed to get up to 167 lb. Grew my arms 4 1/2 inches. Literally went from 10 half to 15s. Hopped on the gas and I'm about 17.5-18 inches

Very lean.
Been told I look like I'm 200+ lb

Chromio

Reaction score
Hey shookwun your stories unreal man. Great success! I had a few questions for u tho if u don't mind.

You said u got your hair transplant at dr Rahal for your hairline. For a minor transplant was it pretty expensive? I've been on finasteride now for about 5 months, and although my crown has improved a little bit my hairline is going to sh!t. I was gonna hold off on a hair transplant until I reached a year on finasteride, but dr Rahal is my obvious go to when it's time. Just wondering how much a minor hair transplant will cost through him and how the experience at his office was.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
That's impressive.

How tall are you?

Also, who's the dude in your avatar?