Shooky's Story (20/ Inspiring young balding)

shookwun

Reaction score
Hey shookwun your stories unreal man. Great success! I had a few questions for u tho if u don't mind.

You said u got your hair transplant at dr Rahal for your hairline. For a minor transplant was it pretty expensive? I've been on finasteride now for about 5 months, and although my crown has improved a little bit my hairline is going to sh!t. I was gonna hold off on a hair transplant until I reached a year on finasteride, but dr Rahal is my obvious go to when it's time. Just wondering how much a minor hair transplant will cost through him and how the experience at his office was.

It was great. Dr rahal has his own guest house that's one block away from the clinic. Its tailored towards all transplant patients, and provides a warm place to talk to other patients on their same adventures.

Lunch was provided, and a post day check up to check healing and placement if grafts. A kit will bw given with saline spray, vitamin e and antibiotics which is taken the first 10 days before grafts start to shed.

Fue with rahal is 7.50-8 a graft
Fut around 4.45 a graft.

He's a great choice!

rocklegends

Reaction score
It was great. Dr rahal has his own guest house that's one block away from the clinic. Its tailored towards all transplant patients, and provides a warm place to talk to other patients on their same adventures.

Lunch was provided, and a post day check up to check healing and placement if grafts. A kit will bw given with saline spray, vitamin e and antibiotics which is taken the first 10 days before grafts start to shed.

Fue with rahal is 7.50-8 a graft
Fut around 4.45 a graft.

He's a great choice!

very insightful stuff shook. if you don't mind me asking, was it difficult procuring funds for op?
Coming from a finance background, $'s wouldn't make any transplant amount cost prohibitive if the need presented itself, but it is always difficult for me to hear of folks who save up for 3 years just to get the surgery done.

shookwun

Reaction score
Hows that to much? I seen a top North American Surgeon.

FUE is typically 8$ a graft

FUT is usually 4-.450

Standard prices for most Doctors.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very nice shookwun. First time I see your results. You hit a home run too with your hair transplant.

I woke up today and looked at my hair and thought f*ck dude I'm practically a NW1, awesome.. Nowadays I tend too forget where I come from (NW3). Comparing my pre-op pictures to where I'm at now is pretty shocking.

Congrats brah.

Anonymous99

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow this thread hit me like a freight train, it made me realise how far iv'e come, and how grateful I'm of the choices I have made.

Been on finasteride for over two years, and had a transplant in October. Close to 2300 grafts.

Hey man did you start when you were 18? I'm 16 and my hair loss is far worse than what you described. Thinking of starting finasteride but a lot of people are telling me to wait until I'm 18 but I'm scared it would be too late by then and my hair is going to become alot worse

shookwun

Reaction score
Hey man did you start when you were 18? I'm 16 and my hair loss is far worse than what you described. Thinking of starting finasteride but a lot of people are telling me to wait until I'm 18 but I'm scared it would be too late by then and my hair is going to become alot worse
I dabbled with Finasteride at about 19 for a year then came off. Came back on around 22, been on ever since.

shookwun

Reaction score
1zeko6p.jpg

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. You think finasteride has definitely helped you maintain or atleast slow down progression?

shookwun

Reaction score
It definitely has. Prior to treatment my crown was starting to thin rapidly, but I caught a lot of ground back and seem to maintaining.

Incandescent/flash lighting can be rather harsh

shookwun

Reaction score
His comb/flap over inspired me to be an artist myself during my teenage years.

shookwun

Reaction score
I'll have a bunch of pictures in the transplant section in a few days.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Got to give it to you Shook, your pic (fuzzy as it is) tells me your hair transplant is going to put you back on top of your game by this time next year.
Some serious envy fomenting atm. :)

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Shook what month did you notice results with finasteride? Like when did you start to see results or is it slow and gradual so hard to pinpoint?