SkylineGTR's Story - (Year Update p8)

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah so I started the receding hairline thing around 18 but I thought "Hey no big deal" It actually looked pretty good on me. I always took pride in my hair and colored it and did all kinds of things with it. (It has literaly been every color of the rainbow.) Anyway around 21 it started growing inwards more. By 22 I was looking like this
ericrd8.jpg

Now I'm 24 and its totally creeped inwards and towards the back and looking horrible. I'd say really aggressive in 2 years.

I never really got depressed over it but it drove me to start wearing hats a little more when i wasn't at work. Also im 6'1" so not many people get to look down on me lol.

So now finally I am doing something about it. Did some digging and stumbled upon this site... Which in my quest for knowledge has been the best site ever. SOOOOO much information its insane. I am so gratefull that I found this place.

Just started Dutas oraly every day and nizoral 2% every other day(5 days in now). Hoping to at least stop it right now and see if get any good effects from the minimum. After I test out this Dutas for a bit I'll toss minoxidil in the mix. Right now not experiencing anything to bad from the dutas. Errections not as hard but still good. I do have this wierd bloating feeling that comes and goes but I just started this stuff so hoping it will pass.

Hoping to update with good results in the comming months. We will see. Wish me luck. Any advice is much appreciated.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alright going on 8 days in and the sides are either subsiding or im getting used to them. either way not much of a bother anymore (just a tiny bit of bloating left)

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Just got 2 months of Spectral DNC in and starting that. I know its just minoxidil but its got the mix of all that other good stuff and its pretty cheap ($35 a bottle)

Sides are pretty much gone. Except I pee like a girl now every few hours lol. 16 days in now. Going good.

Will keep updating as I progress so I(as well as others) can keep track.

G

Smart idea getting on the dutas. Much better chance of regrowth from that compared to finasteride considering your advanced stage of loss- Norwood 5 heading towards 6 in my estimation.

Stick with the dutas and minoxidil and you'll at least halt your loss but I think you'll get some solid crown regrowth. Then down the line I'd look at getting a hair transplant to give you a hairline. Good luck and keep us updated

JayMan

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah seeing how aggressive it is i figured i had to treat it with stronger stuff then the bare minimum.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok.. just bought some rogaine foam to try it out. OMG its awesome. I dont have that doll hair after it like with the spectral DNC. so now im going to alternate the DNC before bed and the foam when i get up to go out and stuff.

I still wanna use the DNC just for that extra junk.

Health hut around the corner from here carries that Jasons thin to thick so i bought some of that and i like it so im alternating that and the nizoral now.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PIC updates

Start - 11-26-06

1-03-2007

Hair did thin fairly bad but i pushed on knowing this was common. Did notice new vellus hairs tho.

2-15-2007

Past few weeks have been nice... hair has been thickening and starting to fill in especially on the left side of my head. Very optimistic.

all pics taken at work... under the same light... with my phone...also these are with the foam in my hair and not completely clean and normal(except the first pictures). It actually looks alot nicer when i don't have the foam in.

G

coming along very nicely. the crown is definitely filling in and it looks like the frontal tuft has thickened as well.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow good job man, i guess you would have to acredit most of this success to the rogaine at this point since it's so early. looks like you might have a good success story starting here.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice, there is a definate improvement, look forward to seeing your next update. :)

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
wow good job man, i guess you would have to acredit most of this success to the rogaine at this point since it's so early. looks like you might have a good success story starting here.

Yep, looks like Minoxidil is doing a lot of regrowth. I'd wager that the results are better due to Spectral DNC.

Congrats for the improvement Skyline. You're crown looks much much better.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Very nice, filling in well already in only under 3 months! Keep it up, good luck. Now that it's growing in more, you may also wanna try looking into a concealer such as Topik or something else to conceal it as it grows in. Check out the concealer forum.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about that but it doesn't really matter to me to use one as everyone i know already knows what I'm doing and how i was. and i have a g/f and all that jazz so I'm not out to impress anyone.

Just an added expense

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I posted these pictures in the rogaine section just to explain that you can grow the front with the foam. I thought i would put them here just to show how much more progress I've had. My hair is REALLY starting to look good. I just got it cut yesterday and this is with a good amount of foam in it.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Guau you are a true success story man.

Congrats, I bet you are so happy you don't know what to do with yourself right.

How many years ago was your hair like that. You think you will ove back the clock of time for over 5 years back?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i think I've gone back probably 2-3 years.

It's almost not noticeable unless in the right light.

My g/f is amazed. I've started cutting back on the dutas too so i can try to get rid of some of the extra weight i gained from the daily dose. I was 195 starting this and I've gotten to 215 and just held here. I don't think i needed a daily dose anyway because I noticed I stopped losing within the first month.