SkylineGTR's Story - (Year Update p8)

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like you're on your way to basically a full head of hair by anyone's standards...

congratulations, you must be happy!

The spot behind your front hairline is still looking a little thin (though obviously the new hairs are coming through so may look fine soon), but still, maybe you could dye that hair to even things out a bit. Dyeing will also add some thickness.

G

great great great great results

i can't wait to start the rogaine foam myself from seeing the kinda results you are getting man. and you're only 4 months in! i think it's exactly what i need to fill in some of my front behind the hairline.

how much do you think the foam has helped you behind your hairline?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here is a play by play.

Before
hair2ex5rn9.jpg

Now
040107dz5uj8.jpg

I couldn't tell you what did what to me.. i think i am a good responder to both the dutas and the minoxidil. I stopped losing immediately after starting dutas. The minoxidil also has grown hair wherever I put it. I've started to test it more on my widows peak in the corners to see what happens. I don't really care if I grow them back I just want to test the minoxidil. But i do use a DNC/Rogaine Foam combo.

I wanna give it a ton more time before i go into any alternate considerations... because at this rate i will have full regrowth within a year. No gaurantee tho but if i keep progressing at this pace. I wanna hit the wall of what i can do with these products. I have yet to hit any shed cycle besides what happened to me in the beginning so I am also taking that into consideration also. I'd say 2 full dedicated years then I can wegh my other options if anything changes... hell if i can even just maintain what i have now i'd be totally happy. I'm happy I regrew anything at all.

Also on another note my right side grows in faster then my left for some reason... maybe its my brain power lol. Hence the yin yang circle on the NOW picture on the front hair. The new grown in hair isn't as thick as my natural hair also so when wet it it shows but dry it looks completely normal.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ill look forward to seeing your results after using the treatments for a full year. Youve made huge progress in such a short time.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've noticed today after inspecting my hair after my shower that my hairline on my left side is starting to thicken up now to match my right side.... directly behind it is still making progress but its starting to even out in sort of a outline fashion around the front of my hairline.... really weird but I'll take it. So the yin/yang will soon be a "U"

also I've already noticed hairs growing in the corners of my widows peak that I was experimenting on... i swear i think I'm like a minoxidil sponge.. it grows hair on me like weeds. Gotta be my uber euroasian genes and skin lol.

beaner

Reaction score
Dude, you are having fantastic results!! Your before front/hairline looks alot like mine did back in 2001 or so, but I'll say mine is better now (not a criticism, just a comparison) but your crown is better than mine both before and after. Good job!

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nicee

SkylineGTR said:
Here is a play by play.

Before
hair2ex5rn9.jpg

Now
040107dz5uj8.jpg

I couldn't tell you what did what to me.. i think i am a good responder to both the dutas and the minoxidil. I stopped losing immediately after starting dutas. The minoxidil also has grown hair wherever I put it. I've started to test it more on my widows peak in the corners to see what happens. I don't really care if I grow them back I just want to test the minoxidil. But i do use a DNC/Rogaine Foam combo.

I wanna give it a ton more time before i go into any alternate considerations... because at this rate i will have full regrowth within a year. No gaurantee tho but if i keep progressing at this pace. I wanna hit the wall of what i can do with these products. I have yet to hit any shed cycle besides what happened to me in the beginning so I am also taking that into consideration also. I'd say 2 full dedicated years then I can wegh my other options if anything changes... hell if i can even just maintain what i have now i'd be totally happy. I'm happy I regrew anything at all.

Also on another note my right side grows in faster then my left for some reason... maybe its my brain power lol. Hence the yin yang circle on the NOW picture on the front hair. The new grown in hair isn't as thick as my natural hair also so when wet it it shows but dry it looks completely normal.

Great result.
All those products, oral, topical and shampoo... is it compulsory?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oral = dutas and vitamins

Topical = foam and DNC

Shampoo = nizoral & jasons thin to thick.

Not all required unless you want maximum results i guess.
Dutas(stop the loss) and minoxidil(regrow) a must tho.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
nice! - and congrats

im scared of the dutasteride due to the cancer and birth defect rumor ... am i justified in this regard? I would like to see the thickening effects you have had, but those two rumors/facts have scared me off ... enlighten me plz

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the birth defect is only if the woman is in contact during pregnancy not conception. The study they did with rats showed that the sperm motility was effected but outcome was fine. So you shouldn't worry about conception...just contact afterwards. It just may take a while to get a woman pregnant because of the reduced sperm count and motility. Only the strong get through and survive anyway.

As far as cancer.... everything gives you cancer... seriously... stress gives you cancer.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
That is unbelievable man! Congrats! I wanna start using the minoxidil foam - do you know where I can get some?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your across seas so best bet would be online. Ebay or something.

I just run down to Walgreen's for mine.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
during my next days off (starting sunday) I'm going to go get a haircut.. i'll post some aftercut pics next week.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UPDATE... So i am going through a shed period finally. In the past week probably lost about 10-20% of what I had grown but nothing too extreme. It just looks more like it did when I started regrowing around my february pics but not nearly as bad as i was then. There is still thick nice terminal hairs in front and my back still has great coverage.

Not really worried or freaking out as I expected it sooner or later. Just waiting to see when it bounces back if it will rebound better. That would rock!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
when the shedding eventully stops, thicker hair will come!

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes actually my hair basically held like it was around February while i took dutas EOD(still a hell of alot better then when i started). For the past 3 weeks I went back to dutas daily and I'm already noticing it thickening back up slowly. I'm going to give it another month or so to see if i return to where i was and then post some more pictures.

So I'm going to attribute initial growth to the minoxidil but I think the dutas helped with the density. Because I still have the coverage that i had just the thickness isn't the same.

1PunchBob

Reaction score
Great results SkylineGTR, but do you think you would have got those great results still if you woiuld have used finasteride instead of dutasteride? Just wondering about moving to dutasteride and also only use minoxidil and d you think DNC has helped in any extra way?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hard to say. I mean when i cut down my dose i was still blocking more then taking finasteride daily and fell back to a certain point so I don't think finasteride would of helped me as much as dutas does.

As far as the DNC... I have always used DNC before bed and foam during the day after my shower so i cant say which is better. But all the recent studies and findings show all the extra stuff in DNC does indeed help.