Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey @Somebody, been on your regimen of rolling before minoxidil for a couple weeks now. My temples were bald before minoxidil, grew some faint wisps from wounding, and they now appear to be thickening up a bit. Just wondering if your temples went through a phase similar to this, or if the hair was just terminal from the beginning of your regrowth?

Attachments

• DSC_0994.JPG
    DSC_0994.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 654

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alex, when you tried dutasteride did u take it in addition to finasteride or did u completely stop finasteride?

Switzer

Established Member
Reaction score
Been dermarolling on most days since the beginning of August now. I'm getting quite a lot of vellus hair and some small pigmented hair on my hairline. Right temple seems to be responding better than the left side oddly enough, since it also started receding like half a year before my left temple. I don't have any baseline pictures but here's some from first September on the left side and today on the right side.

Left temple.png

Right temple.png

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been dermarolling on most days since the beginning of August now. I'm getting quite a lot of vellus hair and some small pigmented hair on my hairline. Right temple seems to be responding better than the left side oddly enough, since it also started receding like half a year before my left temple. I don't have any baseline pictures but here's some from first September on the left side and today on the right side.

Not bad, what's the rest of your regimen? How hard do you dermaroll?

Switzer

Established Member
Reaction score
Not bad, what's the rest of your regimen? How hard do you dermaroll?

0,5mg dutasteride daily and 2ml minoxidil mixed with 100mg RU58841 applied directly after I dermarolled. Been on dutasteride since December last year and RU58841 since March. Never got any regrowth before I started dermarolling however.

I dermaroll until it gets a little red. Sometimes I get a little pinpoint bleeding.

Edit: actually got some regrowth initially when I started using minoxidil 3 years ago..

Last edited:

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
More evidence towards the efficacy of this method:

Attachments

• DSC_0218.JPG
    DSC_0218.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 618
  • DSC_1002.JPG
    DSC_1002.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 663

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the worst part is the waiting game. You using 540 needle dermaroller?

By the way, someone from another source that I can't mention here because of personal reasons says that the improvement keeps happening over 2-3 years. The worst responding areas taking the longest.

I think of the process as a reversal. To what extent the damage can be reversed is certainly unknown, but what you said is true. The smaller hair follicles must enlarge through numerous growth cycles, just as they shrunk.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Tip for those with long hair - Figure out the neutral direction of your hair and roll in that direction and then roll perpendicular to that.

THANK YOU!!! been waiting to get an answer to this, everyone just says "buzz hair short"

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair looks incredible Alex. f*****g jealous.

Do you prefer the foligain over the revita shampoo now? Haven't used shampoo for quite a while as it seemed worthless to me, but maybe I will give one a go again to see if there could be any benefits.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Good results. What size dermaroller do u use and do u only roll on temples? Just to clarify u roll daily?

Also, what made u go to dutasteride and ru with such minimal loss?

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you prefer the foligain over the revita shampoo now? Haven't used shampoo for quite a while as it seemed worthless to me, but maybe I will give one a go again to see if there could be any benefits.
I like foligain SR. Reason is scalp inflammation. Foligain SR will take it away after just few washes

Last edited:

Switzer

Established Member
Reaction score
Good results. What size dermaroller do u use and do u only roll on temples? Just to clarify u roll daily?

Also, what made u go to dutasteride and ru with such minimal loss?

I use a 540 needle 1,5mm dermaroller. Looks just like the one Somebody linked to in the post above. I roll my whole scalp and try to do it six days a week.

My hairloss isn't minimal though and I would say I'm about a norwood 3 and my crown has thinned a little too.

My hair kept thinning/receding on finasteride so after 1,5 years on it I switched to dutasteride instead. Experienced a lot of shedding on dutasteride early on, so in a bit of a panic I started using RU58841 too.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a 540 needle 1,5mm dermaroller. Looks just like the one Somebody linked to in the post above. I roll my whole scalp and try to do it six days a week.

My hairloss isn't minimal though and I would say I'm about a norwood 3 and my crown has thinned a little too.

My hair kept thinning/receding on finasteride so after 1,5 years on it I switched to dutasteride instead. Experienced a lot of shedding on dutasteride early on, so in a bit of a panic I started using RU58841 too.

Did the shedding stop? I'm 3 months in with Dutasteride 0.5mg weekly with 1mg finasteride ED and my shedding hasn't stopped.

Roko86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Time to save up for a hair transplant. Seeing all these great results online with these new methods, and after 9 months of trying this with crappy results, it's time to realise it just don't work for more than a handful of people. I've had the little vellus hairs growing here and there, but they didn't hang around long beyond that 5mm length. There's no science in this approach, the reality is that everyone is different and a tiny minority will respond to pig oil or any other hocus pocus approach, but 95% won't. When it makes the 6 pm news as a headline story I'll try it again. Good luck

Switzer

Established Member
Reaction score
Did the shedding stop? I'm 3 months in with Dutasteride 0.5mg weekly with 1mg finasteride ED and my shedding hasn't stopped.
I'm shedding a lot less now and I don't think I've lost any more ground since I started taking dutasteride. Maybe my crown has thickened up a little on dutasteride but it's hard to tell. My scalp was itching from time to time before and while on finasteride but that has subsided with dutasteride too.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alex,
With your once a day minoxidil applications, do u put the recommended half a cap or more?

I'm thinking I cannot apply minoxidil after rolling bc even with a .5mm it stings like hellllll