Suddenly thinning very fast whilst 11 years of finasteride and 12 years on min

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Over time on Finasteride my morning wood eventually disappeared and as @losingbattle88 has put it I do not want to risk more severe sides with Dutasteride.

I can tolerate the mild sides with finasteride but I don't think its healthy nuking your DHT. finasteride & minoxidil gave me the years of perfect hair I wanted and I can now accept my hair slowly getting worse.
Havent used finasteride for some months and I get morning wood daily and random erections at 36. On finasteride this never happened.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Havent used finasteride for some months and I get morning wood daily and random erections at 36. On finasteride this never happened.
Yeah I'm pretty sure loss off morning wood is a very understated side of finasteride and it is definitely not healthy. For me it slowly crept up over they years to the point where they are now non existent. I am just hoping more significant sides don't creep in, hence why i will never consider dutasteride.

Eventually I want to get off all meds and accept the balding but I am not quite ready to let go of my hair.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty sure loss off morning wood is a very understated side of finasteride and it is definitely not healthy. For me it slowly crept up over they years to the point where they are now non existent. I am just hoping more significant sides don't creep in, hence why i will never consider dutasteride.

Eventually I want to get off all meds and accept the balding but I am not quite ready to let go of my hair.
Well. Im gonna try topical finasteride twice a week to start with. And wait and see.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just added my first dutasteride capsule to minoxidil 60ml full bottle tonight - will try this per bottle for some months see what happens again (this time only 1 capsule not 2 which gave me ab pains sides).

Losing ground on finasteride after 25 years and minoxidil after almost 40 years of usage.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just added my first dutasteride capsule to minoxidil 60ml full bottle tonight - will try this per bottle for some months see what happens again (this time only 1 capsule not 2 which gave me ab pains sides).

Losing ground on finasteride after 25 years and minoxidil after almost 40 years of usage.
Bro, didn’t you add in one dose of dutasteride weekly? How’d that end up?