Surprising Update On Hanson & Wong. Could Be Nice!

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe you dont my guy but plenty guys do

ssris baloney drugs too, fraud research big time. GSK = criminal scumbags

I said it happens but not as often as this forum says it does.
Go to any antidepressant forum and you will notice that they don't mention side effects that much even though the rates of side effects range from 50-75% during CLINICAL TRIALS.

Here, even if side effect rate is 5-15% people talk as if your dick falls off 95% of time.

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my guy listen you have no idea how to compares until you use for at least 1 year

finasteride guy 3 months "ohhhh its realy good i beat dick 5 time daily"

finasteride guy 1 year thinking about becoming women full time

always guys like this finasteride work for them for a little while and then side effects start

no rational to believe works other than normal finasteride Method OF action! Drug is metabolized in blood and liver CYP 3A4 all the same! Wong et al must hypothesis and test new model if they want cucks to believe otherwise!
Obviously you haven't read the post because if you did you'd realize that they have tested this. It's just not a particularly robust study. Either way you have plenty of anecdotal evidence on forums/reddit pointing to topical finasteride working for guys with photographic evidence and with less sides (almost all of them were guys that had massive sides from oral causing them to quit).

One thing nobody is really talking about here is that finasteride orally cannot actually hit anywhere on the DHT inhibition curve other than ON or OFF due to its exponential effects. It's possible that a topical can better titrate the effects so that instead of inhibiting the full 60-70% you only inhibit less than that - which the Hasson & Wong report seems to suggest ranging from anywhere between 5-50% in their study.

So far at the 3 week mark I've continued to only have the side effect of slightly watery ejaculate. At this point I was coming off oral finasteride due to inability to gain erections.

I'm going to stay on this topical indefinitely. The only question I haven't answered is if I want to bump my frequency to every day or stay at every other day.

SkinDiesel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anybody on here based in the UK with experience of gaining a prescription from their GP for this or any other topical finasteride? If so it’d be great if you could shed some light on the process and how to go about it

Keisi92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I said it happens but not as often as this forum says it does.
Go to any antidepressant forum and you will notice that they don't mention side effects that much even though the rates of side effects range from 50-75% during CLINICAL TRIALS.

Here, even if side effect rate is 5-15% people talk as if your dick falls off 95% of time.

I am one of those that fear finasteride sides that's why I have no intention of using it.Imho even a 5-15% chance of messing something up is to big of a chance for me, especially considering that sides effect your sex life, if it was another kind of side effect I would have taken those chances.

From what I have read in these forums finasteride clinical trials have been held years ago. Are these probabilities the results of those trials? How much time did the trials go on? If they held trials for 3 years it could be that there is a 5% chance of sides, but it could easily be that the chance of that happening with the passing of time increases which it isn't showed in the trials.

Also you say you have no sides, but it is also kind of difficult for me to believe in people who say they don't have sides after 5 years with just personal opinions taken in account. Imho it's harder than people think to pinpoint is something is going wrong, especially considering that your estimations of it are the only thing you can go by. This goes both ways for me, I also find it hard to believe guys who just hop on finasteride and they feel their dick imediatly went in a catatonic state and they don't get erections just as you said.

The main problem I find with people who have no sides after a lot of years is that the changes could be so slow that they went unnoticed. Just like many people notice hairloss when their hairline has receded a lot this could be the same. The change is so gradual that you feel nothing has changed and everything is how it used to be. When some friends and relatives said that I may be balding and noticed my receding nw2 temples I said that's impossible and it always was like that. A month after that I looked at photos and understood that they were right. I also took crown pics and noticed a lot of thinning which I had no idea off. There are a ton of people for whom the realization comes just like this.

Again this goes both ways. I feel that guys that say that after 10 years they feel that finasteride is starting to give them weaker erections ect, may just be fondly remembering their teen years when they had erections 10 times per day, were in high school with an unstressful life and all the time in the world to have sex with their girlfriends and jackoff all day. They may think that finasteride is the thing that has changed that, while it may easily be the effect of losing libido thanks to getting older, having a more stressful life ect.

The biggest problem for me is that I consider the sides unacceptable and this uncertainty of having/not having sides is what makes me reluctant to use finasteride and consider losing hair as the better option.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously you haven't read the post because if you did you'd realize that they have tested this. It's just not a particularly robust study. Either way you have plenty of anecdotal evidence on forums/reddit pointing to topical finasteride working for guys with photographic evidence and with less sides (almost all of them were guys that had massive sides from oral causing them to quit).

One thing nobody is really talking about here is that finasteride orally cannot actually hit anywhere on the DHT inhibition curve other than ON or OFF due to its exponential effects. It's possible that a topical can better titrate the effects so that instead of inhibiting the full 60-70% you only inhibit less than that - which the Hasson & Wong report seems to suggest ranging from anywhere between 5-50% in their study.

So far at the 3 week mark I've continued to only have the side effect of slightly watery ejaculate. At this point I was coming off oral finasteride due to inability to gain erections.

I'm going to stay on this topical indefinitely. The only question I haven't answered is if I want to bump my frequency to every day or stay at every other day.
Do you have long hair ? Any difficulties applying the gel ?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am one of those that fear finasteride sides that's why I have no intention of using it.Imho even a 5-15% chance of messing something up is to big of a chance for me, especially considering that sides effect your sex life, if it was another kind of side effect I would have taken those chances.

From what I have read in these forums finasteride clinical trials have been held years ago. Are these probabilities the results of those trials? How much time did the trials go on? If they held trials for 3 years it could be that there is a 5% chance of sides, but it could easily be that the chance of that happening with the passing of time increases which it isn't showed in the trials.

Also you say you have no sides, but it is also kind of difficult for me to believe in people who say they don't have sides after 5 years with just personal opinions taken in account. Imho it's harder than people think to pinpoint is something is going wrong, especially considering that your estimations of it are the only thing you can go by. This goes both ways for me, I also find it hard to believe guys who just hop on finasteride and they feel their dick imediatly went in a catatonic state and they don't get erections just as you said.

The main problem I find with people who have no sides after a lot of years is that the changes could be so slow that they went unnoticed. Just like many people notice hairloss when their hairline has receded a lot this could be the same. The change is so gradual that you feel nothing has changed and everything is how it used to be. When some friends and relatives said that I may be balding and noticed my receding nw2 temples I said that's impossible and it always was like that. A month after that I looked at photos and understood that they were right. I also took crown pics and noticed a lot of thinning which I had no idea off. There are a ton of people for whom the realization comes just like this.

Again this goes both ways. I feel that guys that say that after 10 years they feel that finasteride is starting to give them weaker erections ect, may just be fondly remembering their teen years when they had erections 10 times per day, were in high school with an unstressful life and all the time in the world to have sex with their girlfriends and jackoff all day. They may think that finasteride is the thing that has changed that, while it may easily be the effect of losing libido thanks to getting older, having a more stressful life ect.

The biggest problem for me is that I consider the sides unacceptable and this uncertainty of having/not having sides is what makes me reluctant to use finasteride and consider losing hair as the better option.

A year on finasteride and still getting boners on the bus when I see an attractive teen. I think going to the gym has increased my libido even more in the past 12 months if anything.

The finasteride studies are mostly on guys over 30 to begin with in which case chronic fatigue and erectile dysfunction issues are around the 1-2% mark AT LEAST and increasing with age which is what the studies suggest finasteride sides are. Not to say that finasteride can't quicken and worsen these symptoms, but for most finasteride sides are a myth and the issues talked about can be explained with similar numbers by other factors.

If you're on finasteride you probably have a 1-5% chance of sides according to the available data and this may decrease further with increase in physical activity and quartering the 1mg pills like I do. You have a negligible chance of sides on finasteride, you have a 100% chance of hairloss off finasteride if your genetics dictate it.

Last edited:

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
Lmao @dermrafok its not my fault you're a dickless cuck with zero libido to begin with.

I was just reprimanded, I believe for calling someone a silly c***, which to me seems an obvious enough epithet for anyone hanging around on these forums (myself included).

How come you get to call people ‘dickless cucks’? Have you been reprimanded? I commend the mods for doing their job, but diligence and consistency are essential if we’re to keep this ship afloat. Therefore, on behalf of the forum, I ask you to not say the things you say to @dermrafok. I may be a bit on sensitive side given my recent slew of dislikes (mostly for calling people silly c****), but that just doesn’t seem very cordial. Where’s @occulus to remind you personal attacks will not be tolerated on this forum, dammit.

I think I’d like to be a mod one day. I can feel le power!

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was just reprimanded, I believe for calling someone a silly c***, which to me seems an obvious enough epithet for anyone hanging around on these forums (myself included).

How come you get to call people ‘dickless cucks’? Have you been reprimanded? I commend the mods for doing their job, but diligence and consistency are essential if we’re to keep this ship afloat. Therefore, on behalf of the forum, I ask you to not say the things you say to @dermrafok. I may be a bit on sensitive side given my recent slew of dislikes (mostly for calling people silly c****), but that just doesn’t seem very cordial. Where’s @occulus to remind you personal attacks will not be tolerated on this forum, dammit.

I think I’d like to be a mod one day. I can feel le power!

He disliked my post which is based on what the data actually says. I was also clearly trying to help someone by providing them with the actual data and facts of the situation they're in.

Bullshit all you like, statistically you have a chance in the range of 2-5% according to the various data of getting finasteride sides. These cannot ALL be attributed to finasteride, and the placebo group also reports about 1% in sexual sides. If you're not on finasteride with the balding gene, you will slowly lose your hair and quality of life. End of story.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

Dislike a post based on scientific data that is clearly trying to help someone wanting to do something about their hairloss situation and you'll get insulted. You're a total shithead, plain and simple. Telling someone they're better off going bald than trying finasteride on the balance of probabilities of sides is despicable.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
He disliked my post which is based on what the data actually says. I was also clearly trying to help someone by providing them with the actual data and facts of the situation they're in.

Bullshit all you like, statistically you have a chance in the range of 2-5% according to the various data of getting finasteride sides. These cannot ALL be attributed to finasteride, and the placebo group also reports about 1% in sexual sides. If you're not on finasteride with the balding gene, you will slowly lose your hair and quality of life. End of story.

Still didn’t have to bring out the vituperative ‘dickless cuck’ remark. I won’t contest your statements about finasteride right now because I really need to get off this forum, but I will say that loss of quality of life isn’t something that’s guaranteed.

It is, however, primarily miserable people like yourself that feel the need to tell people how bad they look when they decide to shave their head that are to blame for any tentative diminution in quality of life. I guarantee you that the guy who shaved his head who you’re telling looks bad and to get on propecia has a much better quality of life than you, wretched scum.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
>HaNson instead of Hasson
>old as f*** news
>reignition of interest in stupid topical finasteride
>arguing about finasteride sides
>personal attacks

This is a stupid thread anyway. Just close it.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still didn’t have to bring out the vituperative ‘dickless cuck’ remark. I won’t contest your statements about finasteride right now because I really need to get off this forum, but I will say that loss of quality of life isn’t something that’s guaranteed.

It is, however, primarily miserable people like yourself that feel the need to tell people how bad they look when they decide to shave their head that are to blame for any tentative diminution in quality of life. I guarantee you that the guy who shaved his head who you’re telling looks bad and to get on propecia has a much better quality of life than you, wretched scum.

When I say loss of quality of life I don't mean that its all over or that they can't succeed in other areas and be happy, but it will have a drastic negative impact on their life, and they ought to try and combat that with medication.

And I strongly doubt that. I guarantee I sleep with better women, have better relationships with my friends, have more money, make more money, and I objectively look better. Insulting me doesn't change the truth in what I said. I'm not saying that that the OP does't look great to insult, I'm saying it because he would look significantly better with hair and ought to give finasteride a shot. I am clearly trying to help, rather than just nodding my head like an idiotic yes man talking out of my *** like some other people clearly were.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
When I say loss of quality of life I don't mean that its all over or that they can't succeed in other areas and be happy, but it will have a drastic negative impact on their life, and they ought to try and combat that with medication.

And I strongly doubt that. I guarantee I sleep with better women, have better relationships with my friends, have more money, make more money, and I objectively look better. Insulting me doesn't change the truth in what I said. I'm not saying that that the OP does't look great to insult, I'm saying it because he would look significantly better with hair and ought to give finasteride a shot. I am clearly trying to help, rather than just nodding my head like an idiotic yes man talking out of my *** like some other people clearly were.

That’s all you have to say. Glad we settled it.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guarantee you that the guy who shaved his head who you’re telling looks bad and to get on propecia has a much better quality of life than you, wretched scum.

That’s all you have to say. Glad we settled it.

If you bring it up, of course I'm going to comment on this. You can't expect to tell someone they have a poorer quality of life than someone else and for them to not respond. You called me "wretched scum" and genuinely expect me not to respond?

f*****g hypocritical idiot.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
If you bring it up, of course I'm going to comment on this. You can't expect to tell someone they have a poorer quality of life than someone else and for them to not respond. You called me "wretched scum" and genuinely expect me not to respond?

f*****g hypocritical idiot.

And I meant it, too. Sweet dreams, buttercup.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not the one calling for the admin. You should say what you like, no matter how stupid or lacking in worth your opinions are.
I think you have little scientific level. However, I am going to attach links about the Post Finasteride Syndrome. No offense.

Letter to the Editor: “Characteristics of Men Who Report Persistent Sexual Symptoms After Finasteride Use for Hair Loss” (2017)
https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article-abstract/102/6/2117/3861754?redirectedFrom=fulltext

Neuroactive steroid levels and psychiatric and andrological features in post-finasteride patients. (2017)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28408350

Post-Finasteride Adverse Effects in Male Androgenic Alopecia: A Case Report of Vitiligo. (2017)
https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/455972

Safety Profile of Finasteride: Distribution of Adverse Effects According to Structural and Informational Dichotomies of the Mind/Brain. (2017)
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40261-017-0501-8

Atypical post-finasteride syndrome: A pharmacological riddle. (2017). SPF IS REAL.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4900007/

Finasteride adverse effects in subjects with androgenic alopecia: A possible therapeutic approach according to the lateralization process of the brain. (2017) Neurological side effects confirmed.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546634.2016.1161155?journalCode=ijdt20

Association of Suicidality and Depression With 5α-Reductase Inhibitors. (2017)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28319231

TO BEGIN WITH....

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
I think you have little scientific level. However, I am going to attach links about the Post Finasteride Syndrome. No offense.

Letter to the Editor: “Characteristics of Men Who Report Persistent Sexual Symptoms After Finasteride Use for Hair Loss” (2017)
https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article-abstract/102/6/2117/3861754?redirectedFrom=fulltext

Neuroactive steroid levels and psychiatric and andrological features in post-finasteride patients. (2017)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28408350

Post-Finasteride Adverse Effects in Male Androgenic Alopecia: A Case Report of Vitiligo. (2017)
https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/455972

Safety Profile of Finasteride: Distribution of Adverse Effects According to Structural and Informational Dichotomies of the Mind/Brain. (2017)
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40261-017-0501-8

Atypical post-finasteride syndrome: A pharmacological riddle. (2017). SPF IS REAL.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4900007/

Finasteride adverse effects in subjects with androgenic alopecia: A possible therapeutic approach according to the lateralization process of the brain. (2017) Neurological side effects confirmed.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546634.2016.1161155?journalCode=ijdt20

Association of Suicidality and Depression With 5α-Reductase Inhibitors. (2017)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28319231

TO BEGIN WITH....

Oh dayum. And ya hit him with the 2017 studies. (Self-five)

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh dayum. And ya hit him with the 2017 studies. (Self-five)
I am not making this up: We need new alternatives to Finasteride and Minoxidil. That's the truth. It is not easy to publish in Pubmed...