Taking finasteride while wife is pregnant

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife is finally pregnant, I've stopped taking finasteride for a year. I've lost a lot of ground.

I'm thinking of going back on it, is that OK to do?

I don't think we'll be having much sex throughout the pregnancy. And even if we do, I'll wear a condom to make sure no semen is passed onto her.

There's a lot of information on stopping finasteride while trying to conceive but not much on during the pregnancy. What do you guys think?

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is not recommended during pregnancy because it can cause birth defects in male babies even if minimal semen is passed through due to condom use. The medication can be absorbed through the skin.
It's crucial to speak to your doctor about restarting finasteride. They can consider factors like your hair loss severity, pregnancy stage, and potential risks.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride is not recommended during pregnancy because it can cause birth defects in male babies even if minimal semen is passed through due to condom use. The medication can be absorbed through the skin.
It's crucial to speak to your doctor about restarting finasteride. They can consider factors like your hair loss severity, pregnancy stage, and potential risks.

Thanks for the information. It's not worth the risk. I'll stay off it.

sunlight2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kevin at Haircafe has done some excellent videos on this...look them up on YouTube. The risk is very small, it seems