The Natural Internal Regimen

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
"Arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX) is a human enzyme, member of the lipoxygenase family. It transforms Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) into leukotrienes, which are lipid mediators, responsible for the effects of an inflammatory response. 5-LOX is a current target for pharmaceutical intervention in a number of diseases. 5- LOX inhibitors are also being developed actively researched as hair loss treatments.

There is currently a patent for a 5-Lox inhibitor held by L'Oreal that claims to increase scalp hair growth.

Boswellia Serrata - An herb used in Ayurvedic medicine, has been shown to suppress 5-Lipoxygenase, and other pro-inflammatory factors.

Curcumin - It has been observed that Indian women who use large quantities of tumeric (Curcumin) in their cooking experience an onset on hypertrichosis, (dense hair growth). Curcumin potently inhibits the activity of 5-LOX, along with TGF-B, and both 5 alpha reductase enzymes.

Ginkgo Biloba Extract-In addition to preventing the age related decrease in micro-capillary perfusion to the hair follicle matrix (essential in prevention/treatment of senescent thinning), Ginkgo also reduces levels of tgf-b1 and inhibits 5-LOX.

Nizoral (Ketoconazole) Shampoo- Ketoconazole has been shown to be a potent 5-LOX inhibitor in several studies. This property may be more central to its role in combating hair loss than its ability to inhibit DHT binding. 2 % Nizoral Shampoo has been recommended for years in our treatment protocol, and should be used by all who are concerned with hair loss 2-3 times a week.

Benoxaprofen- a nonsteriodal anti-inflamatory, sold in the U.S. as Oraflex, was a 5-LOX inhibitor that was actually shown to regrow hair. Eli Lilly suspended sales of the drug in 1982 after it reportedly caused several deaths."

ABJac

Reaction score
I know everyone wants to believe theres some natural supplement that can cure or stop hairloss, because I was the same way. I think everyone on a natural regimen eventually comes to realize they aren't really interfering with the natural male pattern baldness process. All this extensive research and links to scientific studies are just a waste of time. and if they are helping your hair, it is the hair that has not yet been effected by the hormonal process, and the hair follicles that are resistant to hormonal effects. Watch intervention, any prison show, look at the people in 3rd world countries dying of hunger and disease.... Most have full heads of hair. If your body is programmed to lose its hair, you are almost certainly going to lose it. Just like if you are programmed to have high cholesterol, even if you are a triathalete, chances are you will still be plagued with it. Thats why the world needs medicine, the body is to strongly afflicted by things that commercial doses of vitamins can not combat. Maybe instead of focusing all our energy ok keeping our hair, we should focus on improving every other aspect of our life, so that when our hair does go, we have so much going for us that it matters far less.

ABJac

Reaction score
do u have high cholesterol ABJac?

lol nah, I'm only 22. Every older male in my family is in great shape but still have a laundry list of medical problems. I've known athletic coaches who were still competing and exercising like they were my age, that have had massive heart attacks. Exercise and diet only make the medical issues more manageable. My point was that curing an otherwise genetic defect naturally, is very rare.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
ABJac, I respect your opinion, however ignorant. You have a right to it. But this forum is for alternative treatments, and this thread is for those who wish to try natural treatments that have benefited me and many others. So you'll excuse me for choosing not to entertain any more of your ignorance in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

An interesting read:

"A recent study comparing the benefits for osteoarthritis knee pain of the prescription NSAID celecoxib (Celebrex®) versus the ancient herbal remedies curcumin & boswellia concluded that results with the herbal combination were superior.

The report - “Clinical Evaluation of an Herbal Formulation in the Management of Knee Osteoarthritis”(1) – was presented Sep 16 at the 2011 World Congress on Osteoarthritis in San Diego. According to the presentation, which will be published in the Congress proceedings:

• Subjects in the 4-month study were randomized to two groups. One group received 100 mg of celecoxib twice daily, and the second group received a 500-mg blend twice daily of a curcumin extract (from the Curcuma longa root, which is also the source of the yellow spice turmeric) and a boswellia extract (from Boswellia serrata, the biblical anti-inflammatory frankincense).

• The efficacy and tolerability of the herbal combination was superior to that of the NSAID celecoxib in relieving pain, walking distance, and joint line tenderness scores.

• And the herbal formula was as effective as celecoxib in alleviating crepitus (a crunching sensation in arthritis-damaged knees), and range of joint movements.

• At the end of the study:

- 93% of the subjects taking the curcumin-boswellia supplement could walk more than 1,000 meters, versus 86% in the drug group.

- A total of 93% of the herbal group reported improvement in or elimination of pain, versus 79% of the drug group.

Additionally, though liver, kidney and blood tests were done at each visit to assess for safety and tolerability, "We already knew from previous toxicity studies that these herbal extracts carry none of the risks or potentially serious adverse effects associated with long-term use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) - such as ulcers, heart problems, and GI bleeding," say Drs. Binu Kuruvilla and Benny Antony, co-authors of the study."

ABJac

Reaction score
You can find all the isolated studies you want, and I am sure that there is a great deal of vitamins and minerals that can aid the body in certain ways, but for 99% of agressive medical conditions, pharmacuetical intervention is needed. Trust me, I'd love to believe that the cure to every ailment is somewhere growing in a forest or on some farm, but until you find one living person who reversed or stopped genetic male pattern hairloss naturally, I will not be impressed. What happens if the body becomes resistant or immune to a specific vitamin or natural remedy, as they can with medicines? There isn't 2-4 version or curcumin for people to take so what happens then? When people plateau or become immune to a medicine, they can easily switch to a medicine of the same family, molecularly altered a bit and still get the benefits. The world is overly drug dependant and I support natural remedies over sythetic, but regarding this topic, you know that a natural regimen will never cure you.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
You can find all the isolated studies you want, and I am sure that there is a great deal of vitamins and minerals that can aid the body in certain ways, but for 99% of agressive medical conditions, pharmacuetical intervention is needed. Trust me, I'd love to believe that the cure to every ailment is somewhere growing in a forest or on some farm, but until you find one living person who reversed or stopped genetic male pattern hairloss naturally, I will not be impressed. What happens if the body becomes resistant or immune to a specific vitamin or natural remedy, as they can with medicines? There isn't 2-4 version or curcumin for people to take so what happens then? When people plateau or become immune to a medicine, they can easily switch to a medicine of the same family, molecularly altered a bit and still get the benefits. The world is overly drug dependant and I support natural remedies over sythetic, but regarding this topic, you know that a natural regimen will never cure you.

The latter study, actually, was posted for a different reason unrelated to your ignorant musings, so pay no attention to it.

With respect to this "topic," I have listed a natural regimen that has stopped my hair loss and provided some regrowth. And there are many other posters, like Jacob, who have maintained quite well using natural topicals.

You, on the other hand, have yet to proffer one pharmaceutical that has "cured" you.

No one is trying to impress you here, kid, in fact, I wouldn't be at all saddened by your untimely disappearance from the Alternative Treatment Forum, at least until you have sought help for your Propecia and Rogaine-laden brainwashing.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Boswellia Serrata is bad ***! That herb kills Chron's disease.. as strong as a lot of steroids on the market right now without the side effects.

Strongest one I found:

https://www.badmonkeybotanicals.com...organic-boswellia-serrata-AKBA-extract-powder

65%AKBA.. unreal!

Appreciate these finds by you and Jacob! Boswellia and curcumin work better for my bursitis than resveratrol and curcumin, I have found (in a week and a half!).

And I may add it to my regimen permanently. Not sure the effect that it has on male pattern baldness, but for inflammation between the tendon and bone, and autoimmune disorders, it (as you correctly stated) is "bad ***!"

ABJac

Reaction score
The latter study, actually, was posted for a different reason unrelated to your ignorant musings, so pay no attention to it.

With respect to this "topic," I have listed a natural regimen that has stopped my hair loss and provided some regrowth. And there are many other posters, like Jacob, who have maintained quite well using natural topicals.

You, on the other hand, have yet to proffer one pharmaceutical that has "cured" you.

No one is trying to impress you here, kid, in fact, I wouldn't be at all saddened by your untimely disappearance from the Alternative Treatment Forum, at least until you have sought help for your Propecia and Rogaine-laden brainwashing.

No pharmaceutical has cured me, because I have never touched propecia (never will). I've used natural products since before I had any actual hairloss, so don't be so quick to judge. You seem quite angry, and I guess it is because you are so emotionally bound to your natural regimen. Chances are, you hairloss stabilized naturally, and you are just attributing it to your supplements. Minoxidil on the other hand I have tried, and it was moderately effective for about 6 months and now I am in worse shape then I was before. So I have even less trust in sythetics. For the life of me I can not understand why people think that a natural supplement can have the exact same effect as a drug, but be entirely side effect free. If you have a genetically predetermined hormonally influenced flaw, fight it all you want, the end result will be the same. Unless you alter those hormonal patterns or alter the way that hormone effects the body. So explain to me why doing so naturally or unaturally would effect the body the same (results) but not effect the body the same (side effects)..... :dunno:

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
No pharmaceutical has cured me...Minoxidil on the other hand I have tried, and it was moderately effective for about 6 months and now I am in worse shape then I was before...

And maybe this why "you seem quite angry." In any event, you have stated your opinion. And I have stated mine. I shall end my discourse with you on a pleasant tone: Hope you find something that helps you, kid.

TN

ABJac

Reaction score
I have found something that works for me. A strong self image and confidence. Ive also been shaving my head since high school, I look weird with hair.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
From the people at LifeExtension:

"The typical American diet adds to the danger. Foods rich in omega-6 fatty acids like red meat, poultry, eggs and dairy products, along with high-glycemic carbohy­drates, trigger overproduction of arachidonic acid. In response to high levels of arachidonic acid, the body produces the 5-LOX enzyme. 5-LOX breaks down arachidonic acid to pro-inflam­matory compounds like leukotriene B4,14 a molecule that mediates attacks to joints, arterial walls, and other tissues. 5-LOX itself facilitates undesirable cell division changes.

The good news is that an extract of the Indian plant Boswellia serrata has been shown to neutralize 5-LOX. Used for centuries to help with inflammatory issues, boswellia acts as a natural 5-LOX inhibitor, intervening at the cellular level to block its unwanted effects. Confirmatory data reveal that a compound contained in boswellia called AKBA (3-O-acetyl-11-keto-ß-boswellic acid)17,18 is the key to its beneficial action.

The problem is that boswellia is poorly absorbed into the blood.19 For this reason, a patent-pending, standardized form of boswellia called AprèsFlex™ is being introduced. AprèsFlex™ absorbs into the blood 52% more than previously available boswellia extracts.

Each 100 mg vegetarian capsule of 5-LOX Inhibitor with AprèsFlex™ is standardized to provide 20% of active AKBA from boswellia. Most people need only one capsule a day.

*It should be noted that although Life Extension®’s previous 5-LOXIN® formulation contained at least a 30% concentration of AKBA, the new AprèsFlex™ formula delivers more AKBA into the bloodstream, offering greater efficacy at a 20% concentration. One capsule of 5-LOX Inhibitor with AprèsFlex supplies the same amount of AprèsFlex™ as four vegetarian capsules of the new ArthroMax™ with Theaflavins & AprèsFlex™."

ABJac

Reaction score
Hey Natural, would you mind putting your hate for me aside and taking a look at a product for me, I'd be curious to here your opinion. It called HairChi, I know its not new or groundbreaking, but I am looking for a foam with SOD's and some anti-inflam properties to use when I jump out of the shower in the morning. I am not Looking for some miracle regrowth, just a healthy morning topical I can use.

Foam

Active Ingredients Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Butylene Glycol, PPG-26-Buteth-26,PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Apigenin,Oleanolic Acid,Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1,Ethoxydiglycol,Polysorbate 80,Polysorbate 20,Mannitol, Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract,Disodium Succinate,Glutamic Acid,Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract,Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Betaine, Hexylene Glycol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camelia Sinesis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hexapeptide-11,Stearyl Dihydroxypropyldimonium Oligosaccharides, Gluconolactone,Sodium Benzoate,Superoxide Dismutase,Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract,Visnaga Vera Extract,Sodium PCA,Sorbitol,Glycine,Alanine,Proline,Serine,Threonine,Arginine Lysine,Disodium EDTA,Copper PCA,Magnesium PCA,Zinc PCA,Manganese, PCA,Phospholipids,Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate,Benzyl Nicotinate

Ive bolded the highlights in my opinion. Some medical buffs believe there is a connection to floating metals in organs, and EDTA is a drug that connects to free metals and deactivates them. It looks like an ok product.If theres any red flags, or you have a better suggestion, I'd appreciate it

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
I will defer discussions about topicals to other more experienced posters like Jacob. Please PM him. And in the future, I would really appreciate it if you would not post any more (stop posting!) in this thread unless you have something more to add to the subject matter, namely natural supplements in my regimen.

This thread was created for those who would like to share their experience about some of the supplements in my regimen. If you have questions about other topics and/or concerns, avail yourself of the PM function here or start a new thread yourself.

TN

ABJac

Reaction score
I will defer discussions about topicals to other more experienced posters like Jacob. Please PM him. And in the future, I would really appreciate it if you would not post any more (stop posting!) in this thread unless you have something more to add to the subject matter, namely natural supplements in my regimen.

This thread was created for those who would like to share their experience about some of the supplements in my regimen. If you have questions about other topics and/or concerns, avail yourself of the PM function here or start a new thread yourself.

TN

Lmao you are pretty by the book aren't you? All these neurotic rules and regulations. It was a simple question about an all natural topical. Something I thought you might be inclined to review. Hair loss is a disadvantage as it is, I can only imagine how much people dislike you because of your generally pretentious demeanor and a*** retentiveness. Chances are, if you are ever wondering why people may shy away from you, probably has nothing to do with your hair, you are just annoying. You would think people could set aside there bad attitudes in a forum of the people who should understand them the most.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Lmao you are pretty by the book aren't you? All these neurotic rules and regulations. It was a simple question about an all natural topical. Something I thought you might be inclined to review. Hair loss is a disadvantage as it is, I can only imagine how much people dislike you because of your generally pretentious demeanor and a*** retentiveness. Chances are, if you are ever wondering why people may shy away from you, probably has nothing to do with your hair, you are just annoying. You would think people could set aside there bad attitudes in a forum of the people who should understand them the most.

If your question is as "simple" as you state, then by all means, figure it out by yourself. I have chosen, which is my right (by the way), to do no more. I am not obligated to do any more than I want, contrary to your "inclination(s)."

Now, you would do well to assess your own passive-aggressive behaviour: Ask yourself why you continue to seek advice from someone who wants nothing more to do with you, pouting and blubbering in this thread like some jilted 16-year old Japanese girl from a private high school on the West side of Tokyo.

Dude, you look ridiculous.

Slippy

Reaction score
Hi, i'm interested in trying this routine. It's been asked before but never got answered - what dosage of each of these supplements do we take?