This cold hard fact hit me hard today

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just realized something, looking at all my hair falling out and my now NW3 (besides the fact that proscar isn't doing sh*t for me)

The fact is, us balding guys will never experience a good haircut again in our lives. Isn't that depressing? Never again can I spike my hair up. Never again will I look at my hair and think, wow, it looks great. This is an experience that has died on me.

G

i thought you were on dutasteride. ps i hope you are buzzing your nw3. you told guys who were nw3 on here that their hair was gross so you should be buzzing yours down i guess.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
i thought you were on dutasteride. ps i hope you are buzzing your nw3. you told guys who were nw3 on here that their hair was gross so you should be buzzing yours down i guess.

I am on dutasteride too. I am on a combo. Looks like its time to buzz. I was sort of hoping for some regrowth? lol

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thats because you arent man enough to use the stinky foam
if your dutasteride is real the chances you will not maintain in the long run are low
but going back a norwood that's just not gonna happen

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
I just realized something, looking at all my hair falling out and my now NW3 (besides the fact that proscar isn't doing $#iT for me)

The fact is, us balding guys will never experience a good haircut again in our lives. Isn't that depressing? Never again can I spike my hair up. Never again will I look at my hair and think, wow, it looks great. This is an experience that has died on me.

I often think that but there is always hope that something will come along that will regrow our hair at some point.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:

A nw3 looks fine if there is no thinning though imo, no need for a buzz yet

G

haunted-ballroom said:
JayMan said:

i'm not sure i understand your post. the definition of an nw3 is solidly receded temples. you're saying that if the island in front isn't see through then there's no need to buzz, just to make sure i understand?

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
haunted-ballroom said:
JayMan said:

i'm not sure i understand your post. the definition of an nw3 is solidly receded temples. you're saying that if the island in front isn't see through then there's no need to buzz, just to make sure i understand?

Yeah if the frontal part is still thick but erm...maybe I have the wrong idea of what a nw3 is.....?

G

haunted-ballroom said:
JayMan said:
[quote="haunted-ballroom":66241]
JayMan said:

Yeah if the frontal part is still thick but erm...maybe I have the wrong idea of what a nw3 is.....?[/quote:66241]

nw3 example(jude law):
jude008.jpg

still has a thick frontal tuft and i agree with you it would look better as is than shaved/buzzed down. if it starts to thin out though then he should prob shave it.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No its not, if you take a good look at the norwood hamilton chart a NW3 is more receded
this guy would be in between a NW2 and NW3 what you might want to call a NW2.5 (give or take 0.1 Norwood units)

edit:
i looked up a few pics of him,and i see he is a Norwood 3 after all
it dosent look like that bad in the photo jayman posted, i guess its because it was taken by profesionalls and the lightening and hairstyling was done to make it look as best as possible

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'd call that hairline a nw2.5 thats about the same as I've got but mine's not that thick so I could'nt have that style.
I think that pic is probably at least 4/5yrs old.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah I think his hair looks great in that pic. Suits him IMO. I think his hair has receded a bit further now, but it still looks ok I think

G

haunted-ballroom said:
yeah I think his hair looks great in that pic. Suits him IMO. I think his hair has receded a bit further now, but it still looks ok I think

i wouldn't care if my hair looked like that at 35 either.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
If my hair looked like that at 25 I wouldn't mind. Being a NW3 means nothing, he's got nice hair still and can style it well. I'd consider him to have better hair than me and I'm a Norwood 'better' than him.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chino20 said:
If my hair looked like that at 25 I wouldn't mind. Being a NW3 means nothing, he's got nice hair still and can style it well. I'd consider him to have better hair than me and I'm a Norwood 'better' than him.

Yeah I agree, his hair looks really good to me. The only thing about having a nw3 that bothers me is the fear of it getting worse

G

WorldofWarcraft said:
I just realized something, looking at all my hair falling out and my now NW3 (besides the fact that proscar isn't doing $#iT for me)

This is something that bothers me as well. I can never have a really crazy haircut due to my super thin hair. At least I want to have long hair once again, that´s why I am growing it out at the moment. I really regret of not having done some interesting haircuts during my youth when I had super thick hair...... Now it is too late! :cry:

G

Taugenichts said:
WorldofWarcraft said:

This is something that bothers me as well. I can never have a really crazy haircut due to my super thin hair. At least I want to have long hair once again, that´s why I am growing it out at the moment. I really regret of not having done some interesting haircuts during my youth when I had super thick hair...... Now it is too late! :cry:

for many years as a pre-adolescent and teenager i had a bowl cut. it was a waste for sure.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Taugenichts said:
WorldofWarcraft said:

for many years as a pre-adolescent and teenager i had a bowl cut. it was a waste for sure.

everyone had bowl cuts....haha...that was pretty much what was in back then....I never had onee though

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
I would kill to have hair like that. Mine was gone at 19. I am a super thin NW3 and am praying to stay at that no matter how pathetic it sounds.