This is it.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I love my family, but I can't do this anymore.

Counted 48 hairs on my hand in the shower. Gone extremely diffuse in the last 2 weeks, literally bald. Planning on crashing my car or something. Thanks for all the help anyway. Great Forum.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:
I love my family, but I can't do this anymore.

Counted 48 hairs on my hand in the shower. Gone extremely diffuse in the last 2 weeks, literally bald. Planning on crashing my car or something. Thanks for all the help anyway. Great Forum.

Can I join you in the car? Irelands f#cking economy has me screwed

cuebald

Reaction score
Why not just get a hair transplant?

SE-freak

Reaction score
Dec,

No disrespect to the pain you are going through, I just wanted to add that counting hairs shed is not the way of evaluating your hairloss image. I shed many hairs daily before and after starting treatments. When hair is relatively long it gets even more scary. I learnt after many days of agonizing over the hairs on my books while studying and the hairs on my hand after applying gel that I would have to protect myself from the emotional impact of shedding by moving to a more objective means of monitoring my hair status.

Try taking photos. A hair disaster can scale down to proportion and be a minor shed/recession, or basically an unaltered hair image.

I see you experienced finasteride sides. Have you tried smaller doses of finasteride? Have you tried minoxidil yet?

I see that you include a number of dietary supplements in your regimen, I doubt they could play a role other than being a daily burden and reminder of hairloss.

SE-freak

Reaction score
seaback said:
In a couple of month I went from a full head of hair to a NW1OOO diffuse thinner. I LOOK LIKE sh*t.

Have you been diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia? This rapid a loss could be due to another underlying condition...

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the *high Norwood* cruise... "a trip to toughen you up" IS our motto :woot:

cuebald

Reaction score
You just gotta get used to it.
Granted I never feel as good as I used to (there is a hole in my heart) but life is still worth living, there are still things in the world worth it.
Plus I always live in hope of a cure.

barcafan

Reaction score
this was your hair under a year ago

P1010186.jpg

P1010184.jpg

just how much worse is it now? because back then it looks like you have no male pattern baldness whatsoever.

i hope to god you're not another one of those whiny drama queens.

48 hairs that's it? when i was 16 i went from nw1 to nw2 in LITERALLY 2 months, its probably rare to have that happen.

5 years later im a nw3.

s.a.f

Reaction score
SE-freak said:
Dec,

No disrespect to the pain you are going through, I just wanted to add that counting hairs shed is not the way of evaluating your hairloss image. I shed many hairs daily before and after starting treatments. When hair is relatively long it gets even more scary. I learnt after many days of agonizing over the hairs on my books while studying and the hairs on my hand after applying gel that I would have to protect myself from the emotional impact of shedding by moving to a more objective means of monitoring my hair status.

Exactly, I cant be bothered to even try and count the number of times I've said this.
Wait until you're actually bald, you'll be wishing you could see some shed hairs in the sink.

Who's gonna bet with me that Decro and Seabacks hairloss is noticible only to them. :roll:

barcafan

Reaction score
the beggining stages are really tough, because thats when the realization sets in. Then once you're past the initial shock, the middle stages are easier to cope with (as long as you dont go nw1-nw7 in 2 years). Then i imagine the late stages are the hardest

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'd say all stages are the same, NW2's wish they were NW1's, NW3's wish they were 2's, NW4's wish they were still 3's ..... ect, ect and thats how it goes.
And every stage you go through you realise that the previous one was'nt as bad as you thought.
If you cant cope with being NW2 then you'll be fucked when you're NW4/5/6.

SE-freak

Reaction score
barcafan said:
this was your hair under a year ago

P1010186.jpg

P1010184.jpg

just how much worse is it now? because back then it looks like you have no male pattern baldness whatsoever.

i hope to god you're not another one of those whiny drama queens.

48 hairs that's it? when i was 16 i went from nw1 to nw2 in LITERALLY 2 months, its probably rare to have that happen.

5 years later im a nw3.

Indeed you have great hair in these photos. Take some pics and let's evaluate if you are in trouble or simply overreacting. :)

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
You just gotta get used to it.
Granted I never feel as good as I used to (there is a hole in my heart) but life is still worth living, there are still things in the world worth it.
Plus I always live in hope of a cure.
Its like you read my mind and wrote what i feel :( ... scary :shock:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Just as long as Decro never told me to get over being bald then I don't have a problem. If he did at any time (can't remember) then I have no sympathy for him. These kids think they can tell someone with an nw5 how to feel and then when they loose their hair then suddenly it is a crisis and all of their own advice goes right out the fuckin window. How hypocritical :shakehead:

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alarm bells should ring for us every time a NW1 with minimal thinning first posts on here..those guys seem to be the most insecure and therefore hardest hit by hair loss

With that said, having read decro's posts this last while I understand his loss is pretty aggressive so who knows where it is now. Maybe it is "bad".

But hang in there decro, there are so many reasons to live and have a great life that have nothing to do with the hair on your head.
And remember the treatments are moving on and on and improving all the time and with sites like this ideas and information are easier to find more than ever. You are still young and there is time to find some treatments that will work.

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score
I hate these type of threads with no pics. I wish I had the hair that alot of these people complain about having. I had to start buzzing with a no guard at 21 cause it got too noticeable, how do you think I feel at 27? I bet it isn't as bad decro. I know how you feel but maybe you're seeing something that isn't there. Keep in there buddy.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
h82bebald said:
I hate these type of threads with no pics. I wish I had the hair that alot of these people complain about having. I had to start buzzing with a no guard at 21 cause it got too noticeable, how do you think I feel at 27? I bet it isn't as bad decro. I know how you feel but maybe you're seeing something that isn't there. Keep in there buddy.

Even if he is seeing something that isnt there, what difference does it make? This is not directed at you h82bebald, but nobody really has the right to tell someone whether their suicidal feelings are justified or not.

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score
it wasn't really directed at him. I'm talking in general. But decro man, I know how you feel and keep your hopes up man.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Going bald shouldn't stop you from achieveing any of your goals. Unless your goals are to be a model or conquer Hollywood. I seriously suggest buzzing your hair short so you can realise it's not that big of a deal. The bald(ing) guys on this forum who say it's the end of the world have low self-esteem. Low self-esteem can ruin your life, but baldness can't.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It can if you had low self esteem to begin with...