Status
Not open for further replies.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Val Kilmer was a sex symbol when he was young. He was iceman in Top Gun, he played Batman in Batman Forever, and he was with Cindy Crawford for a long time. He has a nice frame naturally, and he kept his hair as he aged. He had excellent facial features:

8b9dad2edcda430b030495c51324bf06.jpg

Then he got fat:
wwvk.jpg

Val_Kilmer7.jpg

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Of course the wise approach would be to lower their standards at this point.

But no, let's price ourselves out of the market and put even more pressure on potential partners, that should fix it!

Loreal-Because-I-m-worth-it-harry-potter-15310494-400-276.gif

^ I believe this is the mental mantra of many (older) women. They want only the best, even though their own value on the dating market has (significantly) decresed. I hope I don't become one of those women. If only I had the desire to date :p...

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
all fat men should have beards

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
But doesn't it apply to everyone? Can we really date people we are not physically attracted to?

No but who you are physically attracted to can change.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
But doesn't it apply to everyone? Can we really date people we are not physically attracted to?

There are a lot of people out there happily married to unattractive partners. They stay happily married as their partner ages.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Astrology can be cool

There's some coolness, for example in anthropological ancestry. It's interesting how the aboriginals of Australia developed a different religion due to having a different sky. That's more anthropology than astrology.

However, if you're using it to run your life? No, it's not cool. Being a scorpio doesn't make me more mysterious or whatever.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are a lot of people out there happily married to unattractive partners. They stay happily married as their partner ages.

But may be they are attractive to their partners? Or may be people are just different. It may be easier for some people to be in relationship with an attractive partner but not for others. I was once in a relationship with a women I was not that much physically attracted to. It didn't really turn out very well.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
They don't just want a guy they'll be attracted to.

They want more, way more than that.

I'm not talking about dating ugly or below average men.

I'm talking about not being like: " 5'9? Sorry, must be at lest 6 feet tall! Next!"

At a point she just can't do that anymore, unless she wants to become a cat lady.

There are at least three roles that might come into play:

- She needs to be attracted to him;
- She wants to be able to brag about her side piece to her friends. This is correlated with the first role but not the same. For example she might be attracted to a guy who is bald, but if she goes with a bald guy a lot of her friends will think she is settling;
- He needs to be able provide for future children. Food, clothing, and shelter are expensive.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I know I can function that way.

I can too. But there has to be that initial attraction for it to work! I dated a guy who I didn't find the most attractive physically in the beginning, but still there was something that attracted me to him (I believe biology, he was my type). As we started dating and got more serious, I found him more and more attractive. Then I actually fell in love with the guy and found him beautiful.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you do once your girlfriend has irremediably hit the wall?

Let's say that if (and that's a big if) she takes good care of her weight (what I'm the most afraid of), doesn't smoke (check) and stays out of the sun (girlfriend too pale to tan, check), it will most likely happen in her 40's (unless she's @Joan ).

I guess I'll do what most men have always done throughout the ages: cheating with younger girls or see prostitutes.

That's what my (slayer) grandfather did (no prostitutes though), with a hair piece of course, I hope I'll be able to use Tsuji instead of that.

I can't predict what I will do when I am in my 40's. But I can tell you what I did in the past. When I was in relationship with a women I was not that physically attracted to, my interest in having sex with her went down very quickly. I will catch myself fantasizing about my attractive female friends. It was very frustrating. However, I did get emotionally attached to my girl friend so I didn't cheat on her despite getting a few opportunities. I just felt really guilty. It was a very tough situation. That's why I now advise my friends to never go for people they don't find physically attractive. Been there. Done that. Didn't end very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.