Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well yeh they know it works, just trying to think of how to dress it up to make money off it to stop people buying a derma pen one time and using minoxidil

Possibly but I think we are still unsure about needle length, frequency etc and there may be something else that needs to be applied topically. Will be interesting to see what they come up with nonetheless.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Possibly but I think we are still unsure about needle length, frequency etc and there may be something else that needs to be applied topically. Will be interesting to see what they come up with nonetheless.

Well we know that a study shown in 6 months at a certain needle length and frequency that there was significant regrowth coupled with minoxidil

So just off them studies we know that this works, it’d been proven, follica obviously already knows this works, and it’s not a chemical that ordinary people have to try and buy and worry about side effects, it’s just a device to wound, follica will know this.. why have they taken so long and been so quiet? If they released a wounding device and said take it with minoxidil how long before people just bought cheap derma pens/ rollers instead of what’s probably going to be more expensive.. follica also know this

My conclusion - follica know it’s just wounding and minoxidil but need that something extra, soemthing patened that nobody else can get their hands on to have a selling point.

This thread has the power to spread that wounding is an effective hairloss treatment that can be done for cheap and by anyone

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haircell have 15 topicals and none of them are minoxidil if they are to be believed ,so follica need to up their game lol

Last edited:

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
btw the "God" of microneedling Dr. Rachita Dhurat will give a talk at the next World Hair Conference in Barcelona

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well we know that a study shown in 6 months at a certain needle length and frequency that there was significant regrowth coupled with minoxidil

So just off them studies we know that this works, it’d been proven, follica obviously already knows this works, and it’s not a chemical that ordinary people have to try and buy and worry about side effects, it’s just a device to wound, follica will know this.. why have they taken so long and been so quiet? If they released a wounding device and said take it with minoxidil how long before people just bought cheap derma pens/ rollers instead of what’s probably going to be more expensive.. follica also know this

My conclusion - follica know it’s just wounding and minoxidil but need that something extra, soemthing patened that nobody else can get their hands on to have a selling point.

This thread has the power to spread that wounding is an effective hairloss treatment that can be done for cheap and by anyone

Agreed. Although as the thread becomes bigger i'm sure you'll have more random detractors making false negative claims. Which is unfortunate because i think were all in this to help each other. Still when your hurting someone else's profit theyll do everything they can to protect it.

On follica, if the results are good enough i think you'll still have people that will get the procedure done through them. They aren't going to want to do it themselves. Especially again if follica shows very good results. I find follicas website interesting though. Says wounding, and then "subsequent visits may be needed". So essentially i'm assuming they won't be wounding as often. Be interesting to see their protocol.

Temporaryaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost two months into dermarolling, I can really see improvement. I ordered a dermaroller (1.5) and a dermapen A6. Sadly, after two weeks of dermapen, I started shedding some hairs previously grown with the old, blunty, dermaroller. I started again using the dermaroller. As someone pointed out, there is a crunching sounds (breaking up fibrosis I guess?) using the dermarolling (sound I don't hear using dermapen). I might sound crazy however I'm following 2young bloody regimen (you're not supposed to do it, really, I should I say I'm perfect candidate for it since pain is bearable and my skin is quite thick after only a day. I will post photos as the journey is approaching the end (NW2 I hope, after I would be happy just mantaining).

I was under the same impressions of other members, benefits of microneedling isn't wound itself, the best thing is angiogenesis.
I don't believe Rob perfect hair protocol is right, however he points out the right factors (chronic infiammation due to dht which leads to fibrosis).

Imo, we should as well concentrate on this. Microneedling is cool, however if it was possible to mantain just with some pills (I'm not talking about finasteride) which address fibrosis when regrowth is already achieved, it would be even better, it would require less microneedling session. Antioxydants in your opinion? I was reading about an herbal chinese plant used as possible treatment for schleroderma victims (a condition that causes fibrosis in every tissue)

Edit: Sorry if this seems raising a false flag, I know how male pattern baldness sucks and it's all delusional in the end. Please, don't follow this message as is, the previous thread was banned/manipulated for a similar reason. "Don't try this at home"

Last edited:

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
I bet follica will end up coming out with a microneedling pen with a charge station and promises 'low pain', maybe patents a built in minoxidil dispenser. lol

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In regards to regrowth. As i mentioned in a previous post i'm getting regrowth in the opposite direction i lose. I'm a diffiuse thinner with hairline thinning as well. Although it isn't that bad, i wear my hair down so noone can tell i'm really losing. I'm wondering if anyone knows why that happens? Why does it grow oppositve of how we lost it? Anyone have a theory? Is it simply there is less fibrosis in areas more recently lost? Or maybe it has something to do with migration of cells.

I bet follica will end up coming out with a microneedling pen with a charge station and promises 'low pain', maybe patents a built in minoxidil dispenser. lol

I'm def wondering if they have other topicals up there sleeve. Be curious to see.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
btw the "God" of microneedling Dr. Rachita Dhurat will give a talk at the next World Hair Conference in Barcelona
https://www.barcelonahair2019.org/

Here is

congreso barcelona microneedling.JPG
congreso barcelona nombre paus.JPG

congreso barcelona nombre paus.JPG

Please edit the name of Professor Paus

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
That's talking about actual wound where an entire patch of skin has been removed down to the derma layer. I don't think needling is the same. The very point of skin needling is to create tiny little channels reaching a certain depth to trigger healing response while minimizing the trauma, hence why unprecise wounding like with a roller is undesirable as we know.

Stop scaring people who use a roller. At least say something like LESS desirable. At least one of the main studies was done with a roller. Some people here have even claimed that the bigger wounds with a roller trigger more growth hormone.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m useless when it comes to science but this is what Im getting from this is ..

Calcuim gradually builds up on your scalp and it stops the blood flow to the follicles need to survive.. needling breaks this up allowing blood now to get to the follicle and your hair starts to grow, which is whats happening to mine

I know people have mentioned it previously but how is this not as widely known as finastride already, it seems weird and obvious, especially for people in the hairloss industry, surely they know this?

Why is the big 3 not the big 4?

I think the reason of this not being so popular is simply the fact that it's still a very recent discovery. Because of these, we still have very few published studies, few unequivocal, unambiguous anecdotal evidence, and a lot of questions to answer. This just needs more time, and more people like us, doing community trial to accumulate anecdotal accounts.
I believe it's highly likely that this will be universally incorporated as part of "the big 4" very soon.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop scaring people who use a roller. At least say something like LESS desirable. At least one of the main studies was done with a roller. Some people here have even claimed that the bigger wounds with a roller trigger more growth hormone.
Bigger wounds trigger more growth hormone?

You know why transplant patients go through shock loss?

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been discussed but thinking about it if one of the main reasons that the scalp gets blocked with calcium and means that blood can’t get to the follicle, why would transplanted hair work?

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been discussed but thinking about it if one of the main reasons that the scalp gets blocked with calcium and means that blood can’t get to the follicle, why would transplanted hair work?
a 1000 graft transplant would be 1000 tightly clustered 4mm wounds plus the tissue coming with the graft surrounding the hair follicle would be healthy thats gotta trigger a vascularisation response i surpose .

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed. Although as the thread becomes bigger i'm sure you'll have more random detractors making false negative claims. Which is unfortunate because i think were all in this to help each other. Still when your hurting someone else's profit theyll do everything they can to protect it.

On follica, if the results are good enough i think you'll still have people that will get the procedure done through them. They aren't going to want to do it themselves. Especially again if follica shows very good results. I find follicas website interesting though. Says wounding, and then "subsequent visits may be needed". So essentially i'm assuming they won't be wounding as often. Be interesting to see their protocol.
One of their lead Doctors is specialized in " photomedicine" and has helped to develop therapies using laser.
In light of this, I am wondering if the wounding is done by laser. The page calls the treatment, non-invasive. I think needling would be considered invasive compared to light therapy.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About to do my first session ever with a dermapen. Not sure if it is better to start with 0.5 and slowly reach 1.5mm or go directly at 1.5mm

Will report back in 1-2 hrs