Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just needled the right side of my scalp heavy for the first time in a month (from deep weekly needling). There was barely any blood, and pushing the dermastamp into the skin gave out loud crackling sounds.
No idea how to feel about that

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do it every 3 weeks with 1.5mm, and while not much has happened on the frontal part of the hairline, I am now going to do it daily with 0.5mm on this part only. If I see any positive changes this way. I'll switch it up to daily rolling on my whole scalp. People could try this method, on one area only.
for how long have you done that`? Or rather, how many sessions did you have now if you only do it every 3 weeks? Did you bleed in each sessions?
Im asking because as suggested by the 2 studies i posted earlier, deep needling done too often might be worse for hair than not needling at all

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for how long have you done that`? Or rather, how many sessions did you have now if you only do it every 3 weeks? Did you bleed in each sessions?
Im asking because as suggested by the 2 studies i posted earlier, deep needling done too often might be worse for hair than not needling at all

I did 1.5mm every week until month 3-4 if i remember correctly. After that every 2 weeks for another fews months, then every 3 weeks. I don't bleed, but that's probably because I don't push down too much. Redness is all I go for. I've been needling for like year now. Hair feels super strong and healthy. I have progress pics from several months ago on my phone that broke down, but I am sure there has been great improvement since then. Hair felt so sh*t pre-needling. I have posted some pictures here in the past, but I'll do another comparison soon.

Reason I don't do it too often is because I still have flaking, sometimes even after 2 weeks, so I feel 3 weeks is good, just to let the skin heal. Besides, I am planning to keep doing it and I really don't think doing it at deep length too often can be good, but who knows really. We all gotta try for ourselves until Follica comes out or something and gives us a better understanding.

Last edited:

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just thought I'd chime in and give my experience thus far:
I've been needling for exactly one year, weekly with a Dr. pen device. 1.5mm weekly for about 8 months, then every 2 weeks up until now. Always needling until I get redness / blood spots over the entire area. While it has undoubtedly sprouted a few vellus hairs that started to darken and grow a bit longer (especially on my hairline), dermaneedling alone hasn't done much to bring my hair back. I was also using minoxidil every night - following the exact regimen as the guy who this thread was started about. I'm still comfortably at a NW3, and it most likely has helped with maintenence since my hair doesn't look that much different as it was a year ago, but this is not a standalone treatment for me. I think dermaneedling needs to be accompanied by something to take care of the DHT angle (which is why I added CB a few months ago), and some type of growth factor like minoxidil or adenosine etc. Regardless of my experience, I still believe this is a staple treatment for male pattern baldness and should be used by everyone hoping to get the best results. Just don't put all your faith in this treatment alone. Use other options suitable for you

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did 1.5mm every week until month 3-4 if i remember correctly. After that every 2 weeks for another fews months, then every 3 weeks. I don't bleed, but that's probably because I don't push down too much. Redness is all I go for. I've been needling for like year now. Hair feels super strong and healthy. I have progress pics from several months ago on my phone that broke down, but I am sure there has been great improvement since then. Hair felt so sh*t pre-needling. I have posted some pictures here in the past, but I'll do another comparison soon.

Reason I don't do it too often is because I still have flaking, sometimes even after 2 weeks, so I feel 3 weeks is good, just to let the skin heal. Besides, I am planning to keep doing it and I really don't think doing it at deep length too often can be good, but who knows really. We all gotta try for ourselves until Follica comes out or something and gives us a better understanding.
I understand.
Do you even have hairloss? It sounds like you dont

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand.
Do you even have hairloss? It sounds like you dont

Been losing hair for over 15 years now, but it's slow as sh*t. Plus I've been on min for close to 9 years. just really slow hairloss and slight diffuse thinning (mostly a little see through under harsh light), but yeah it isn't too bad yet. i want that full density back though

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been losing hair for over 15 years now, but it's slow as sh*t. Plus I've been on min for close to 9 years. just really slow hairloss and slight diffuse thinning (mostly a little see through under harsh light), but yeah it isn't too bad yet. i want that full density back though
In that case, i would start using oral minoxidil. Its extremely strong but also may induce shedding, which is something i would personally not risk if you still have a full head of hair

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would but the skin aging and body hair increase it would cause is just too much

I'll most likely try regenera. I mean there's not much else

kotare

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the best solution for alopecia. Ive got very satisfactoryt results. However, i stopped using minoxidil and lost everything. Still searching substitute. Any suggestions? I tried redensyl+zink tonik so far.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
May i ask you a link ?

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-100-...rds=Grimweed+Apothecary&qid=1573719928&sr=8-4

upload_2019-11-14_21-27-3.png

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use zix.

Some pages ago, somebody posted his results with pictures. Results were amazing, he did needling + zix. Look for the zix thread in the alternative section.

I’ve actually just dropped using minoxidil foam due to the damn crazy itchy dandruff I get from it and bought the Zix sups and have started using the mix topically daily and on days Im microneedling (once a day), I have noticed a bit of a shed around 15-20 hairs a day when I shampoo but my crown gains seem intact still, could be an androgen shed but hopefully it will grow back and maintain and gain without minoxidil. If after some time I feel the shedding getting worse and the Zix not helping then I am going to make my own Finasteride topical with a mix of propylene glycol (50%) + Everclear pure grain alcohol (30%) + Distilled water (20%), from what Ive read this combination is good for finasteride dilution and absorption.