Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like one of those bull sh1t salesmen on tv at 2am on some obscure channel.. “not once, twice BUT FOUR TIMES”

I mean it's not like he's a minoxidil salesman lmao. Literally no reason to think it's bs. And like I said: a long half life gives no indication that applying more often will not help results. I have seen other posts saying they got great regrowth when they finally started applying more than 2x/day. Obviously it's not for everyone, but I have a lot I want to grow back. It's easy to do, and not that expensive.

imagine having to apply that slop to your scalp 4 or 5 times a day lol

barely worth it, specially as there's no way that level of application is sustainable

3x/day has not been bad at all. It takes like a minutes each time. I spend more time brushing my teeth each day.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I find using Dr Pen a whole lot more convenient than the roller, I got lazy using the roller. Do you still advise to use 2.0MM length when needling? Most people here are using 1.5 or 1.0

Hi, which Dr.Pen do you have?

I don't know which one to buy. Thinking about the A7. What do you think?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean it's not like he's a minoxidil salesman lmao. Literally no reason to think it's bs. And like I said: a long half life gives no indication that applying more often will not help results. I have seen other posts saying they got great regrowth when they finally started applying more than 2x/day. Obviously it's not for everyone, but I have a lot I want to grow back. It's easy to do, and not that expensive.

3x/day has not been bad at all. It takes like a minutes each time. I spend more time brushing my teeth each day.
Believe me I wish I could use it and apply it every hour because I would regrow loads ,but due to sides I can’t.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been a while since I last posted here but I do want to give an update if it's even worth it. I had switched to oral minoxidil and saw a decrease in hair density. Now I believe it's far better to wound and apply to the scalp directly instead of doing oral.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jocd.13714

I'm not convinced at all. No quantitative data is provided, and their results contradict themselves. Hair thickness with .6mm was significantly greater than control, but not significantly greater than 1.2mm, however 1.2mm was not significantly different from control.

What's clear is there was no difference in hair count versus minoxidil monotherapy. This protocol did not induce neogenesis, therefore it is not the optimal protocol. I don't think they wounded as densely as Follica. I think they may have had somewhat better results with .6mm due to the small sample size, and they were basically just wounding for growth factor upregulation versus neogenesis. In my view the greatest takeaway from this study is that you have to wound intensely to trigger neogenesis, otherwise you are better off lightly needling with .5mm daily for absorption and growth factor upregulation.

Here is the study they base their speculation on regarding trauma to the hair bulge:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21070465/

This study contradicts that:
http://drcarloswesley.com/T/06082014.pdf

I don't think you can compare the depth at which you would cut existing, healthy hairs for transplantion to the depth at which you would wound to induce recruitment of stem cells for neogenesis. For this purpose, damaging the bulge would seem to be beneficial. Also, the hairs that we are trying to thicken are not as deep as the healthy hairs being transplanted. Vellus hairs are around .5-1mm deep. You are absolutely traumatizing the hell out of the bulge in these hairs at any depth. Once again, I think we're left with more questions than answers.

View attachment 145670

Principles and mechanisms of regeneration in the mouse model for wound‐induced hair follicle neogenesis

I will continue wounding at a minimum depth of 1mm.
Given Follica protocol is 1mm and they show results make this 0.66mm crazy talk?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been a while since I last posted here but I do want to give an update if it's even worth it. I had switched to oral minoxidil and saw a decrease in hair density. Now I believe it's far better to wound and apply to the scalp directly instead of doing oral.

What dosage of oral min were you on and for how long?

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wow! This is interesting, was topical working for you, or did you started with oral itself? I dropped topical as it was not working for me after a year, and switched to oral which works better in my case.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow! This is interesting, was topical working for you, or did you started with oral itself? I dropped topical as it was not working for me after a year, and switched to oral which works better in my case.
What dose are you on?

I’m on 1.6mg a day and it’s doing f*** all

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
What dose are you on?

I’m on 1.6mg a day and it’s doing f*** all

I think that people need to find their sweet spot, 1mg is also enough for many. You should not expect results at least before 4 months. @pegasus2 had also decent gains on oral minoxidil combined with other treatments.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What dosage of oral min were you on and for how long?
5mg for around 3 months now. I'm switching back to oral nightly. I did oral because it was so much easier. It is working because I still have hair everywhere in my body but not as much as before in my scalp

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5mg for around 3 months now. I'm switching back to oral nightly. I did oral because it was so much easier. It is working because I still have hair everywhere in my body but not as much as before in my scalp
dermatologists who still precribes oral min they usually suggest using topical togheter, at least in europe

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need twice a day. Cut the pill in two and swallow am and pm.