Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the verdict on micro needling + toppik? How long would you have to wait after a session to not risk scalp infection?

hgk23

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about the combination of daily 0.3mm roll with daily retinol? and what 7 or 10 days 1.5mm.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regrowth now has slowed down in my most balding part of the scalp but it's still at the same pace on the "outskirts" of that part. I don't know how to explain the what outskirts means. It's sort closing in from all sides.

I've dropped down to every twice a week on my hairline but crown still getting hit three times a week at 1mm. I've ordered 36 needle cartridge after reading what Follica put out.

Remember that I'm on dutasteride so me needling with higher frequency and getting regrowth could just be a coincidence. But it's getting denser overall which is great as a diffuse thinner and the bald spot is closing in.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regrowth now has slowed down in my most balding part of the scalp but it's still at the same pace on the "outskirts" of that part. I don't know how to explain the what outskirts means. It's sort closing in from all sides.

I've dropped down to every twice a week on my hairline but crown still getting hit three times a week at 1mm. I've ordered 36 needle cartridge after reading what Follica put out.

Remember that I'm on dutasteride so me needling with higher frequency and getting regrowth could just be a coincidence. But it's getting denser overall which is great as a diffuse thinner and the bald spot is closing in.
What did Follica put out?

mercussio

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, first of all thank you fort this thread and excuse my english.

I'm 29 and I've been on minoxidil since 2 years. It just slows down the hair loss a bit.
I've started microneedling 3 weeks ago and since 2 weeks I feel like I don't have any libido. No morning wood, and the 3 last times I tried to have sex it didn't work. I wasn't even thinking that it may be because of microneedling but now I really think it could explain it.
After all, it seems logic that the side effects are way bigger as the minoxidil goes deeper and goes into the blood.
Before microneedling I had already realized that I had less sperm and I feel tired with no motivation pretty often. I also have like water retention in my face sometimes. In my opinion these side effects were worth it to recover hair, but the recent sex issue make me depressed, I can't continue like that.
What do you think ? It is because of microneedling ?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
100% from minoxidil.

Some studies say it's an AA like fina.

Minoxidil Acts as an Antiandrogen: A Study of 5α-reductase Type 2 Gene Expression in a Human Keratinocyte Cell Line.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30064598

Try to get of it slowly no to crash your system.

"crashing" from minoxidil use? now i have heard it all. I highly doubt minoxidil is causing sexual sides, i have read other posts of people apparently having the same issue but im really skeptical.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, first of all thank you fort this thread and excuse my english.

I'm 29 and I've been on minoxidil since 2 years. It just slows down the hair loss a bit.
I've started microneedling 3 weeks ago and since 2 weeks I feel like I don't have any libido. No morning wood, and the 3 last times I tried to have sex it didn't work. I wasn't even thinking that it may be because of microneedling but now I really think it could explain it.
After all, it seems logic that the side effects are way bigger as the minoxidil goes deeper and goes into the blood.
Before microneedling I had already realized that I had less sperm and I feel tired with no motivation pretty often. I also have like water retention in my face sometimes. In my opinion these side effects were worth it to recover hair, but the recent sex issue make me depressed, I can't continue like that.
What do you think ? It is because of microneedling ?

Check your blood pressure.

Try stopping for 2 weeks and see if it gets better.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sexual issues, brain fog, depression, fatigue, psychosis, etc. are issues that a lot of men experience at one point or another in their lives. What is happening is that some people are getting one or more of these symptoms because of reasons unrelated to hair loss treatments. These treatments are still sort of taboo and seen as the 'dirty secret' of a lot of men, people tend to blame these treatments for any other physical or mental issues in their lives that happen to coincide with treatment timeline.

Some people have claimed that finasteride has changed their bone structure in their 30s, lol.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
The collagen part is true though, minoxidil is not good for your skin.
Why don't you show a study proving minoxidil causes collagen downregulation, and don't come with that in vitro shitstudies again like u do on finasteride. A study done on humans, randomized , double blind and placebo controlled. Unless u have that, sht your mouth birds nest.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone here seems to have experience with minoxidil!

Does anyone know if i apply minoxidil to a quarter sized area on my head while being on finasteride and say i get regrowth and i stop will it damage other hairs?

i figure the hairs that grow would fall but would i be damaging anything causing further progression. Everyone says that when u get off minoxidil things are worse because there is no anti dht.

but is that only the case? What if minoxidil long run causes some sort of damage?