What happened to hair loss forums in general?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on the HLH, HairLossTalk.com and alt.baldspot forums a long time back. If you were on HLH, you would recognize my story from when Farrel documented my use of RU58841 in 2001. Here's a link to the YouTube interview I did that rehashes that experience and talks about the early days of the forums. Enjoy!
Nobody cares about your scams old man, and you probably weren't even going bald in the first place u clown.

Last edited:

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People know better that regeneration of new hairs is nearly imposible, and no really new news about it.
Also a lot of persons pased away.
Really I missed ancjent times, I started with alt.baldspot.sci where I knew Bryan Shelton. In these time a lot of interesting disscussions.
What do you mean a lot of people passed away? this sucks. this place used to be an amazing community, or so I've heard. ;)

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Years ago the forum was popping… New ideas.. great discussions.. Some interesting people.. Now it’s devolved into teenagers asking..” Am I going bald, how bald am I, what hair system should I get, what glue, I just got my Turkish hair transplant.. 10,000 grafts..”

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Years ago the forum was popping… New ideas.. great discussions.. Some interesting people.. Now it’s devolved into teenagers asking..” Am I going bald, how bald am I, what hair system should I get, what glue, I just got my Turkish hair transplant.. 10,000 grafts..”
Turkish transplants have become almost like a new fad on TikTok and all these other social media sites. I wonder if it's going to end up with a generation of depressed disfigured young men. Going to Turkey! Yay. The thing is some are maintaining or regrowing a bit with finasteride and minoxidil then immediately booking flights to Turkey. As someone that is pretty disfigured by a bosley trabsplant over ten years ago it worries me

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Turkish transplants have become almost like a new fad on TikTok and all these other social media sites. I wonder if it's going to end up with a generation of depressed disfigured young men. Going to Turkey! Yay. The thing is some are maintaining or regrowing a bit with finasteride and minoxidil then immediately booking flights to Turkey. As someone that is pretty disfigured by a bosley trabsplant over ten years ago it worries me
Transplants are much safer than Finasteride which should be banned from being considered a legitimate hairloss treatment.

Last edited:

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Transplants are much safer than Finasteride which should be banned from being considered a legitimate hairloss treatment.
to me, finasteride is a f*cking joke. I've tried taking it twice, once for an entire year... it's shedding it's shedding!!! the hairs grow back stronger!! if anyone says that to me again I will hunt them down and burn off their nuts with an angle grinder. it causes intense inflammation, especially along the hairline... then the hair line gets obliterated, and the inflammation continues for months. f*cking swelling, pressure feeling, crawling, itching. I got telogen effluvium this year and lost probably 30% in the middle of it, oh ill give finasteride a try again because I'm a godamn idiot! dejavu, swelling, crawling, itching, watery semen, hairline obliterated and miniaturized within a month.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean a lot of people passed away? this sucks. this place used to be an amazing community, or so I've heard. ;)
A lot of years ago .,,, better discussions about the cause of this problem, even real scientific people. now, more pronunced from Brotzu's fiasco, forums changed

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Passed away from balding?
RIP, my fallen hairloss brethren.

Attachments

• sheit-well.gif
    sheit-well.gif
    60.7 KB · Views: 47

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Both fair points.

to me, finasteride is a f*cking joke. I've tried taking it twice, once for an entire year... it's shedding it's shedding!!! the hairs grow back stronger!! if anyone says that to me again I will hunt them down and burn off their nuts with an angle grinder. it causes intense inflammation, especially along the hairline... then the hair line gets obliterated, and the inflammation continues for months. f*cking swelling, pressure feeling, crawling, itching. I got telogen effluvium this year and lost probably 30% in the middle of it, oh ill give finasteride a try again because I'm a godamn idiot! dejavu, swelling, crawling, itching, watery semen, hairline obliterated and miniaturized within a month.
Some people even get dementia and parkinsonism from just a few pills of Finasteride. I used to doubt it but it's real.

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people even get dementia and parkinsonism from just a few pills of Finasteride. I used to doubt it but it's real.
I love it! it's just soooooo f*cking cool that the best thing we have over decade upon decade is something that actually DESTROYS my hair!! sooooo awesome. the thing that's even better is I'm a pretty good looking guy when I have my remnants of a hairline but finasteride is just so awesome and effective it took even that from me in a month!! thank you finasteride! but I've gotten some great advice from really smart people lately. they say, "well then try dutasteride and RU!!". My initial thought was perhaps I should track these people down and slowly feed them into a wood chipper, but who knows, maybe I should just obliterate all DHT and have heart failure while I'm at it. that sounds even better!

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry you’re going through all of that man. Have you tried oral min?
thanks bud, no I have high blood pressure and get heart palpitations. I'm basically just using nizoral, dermastamping and minoxidil. interesting though, my dads doctor just put him on spironolactone for his high blood pressure because it was related to his adrenal gland. I am like identical to my dad, so I'm gonna see if spironolactone is right for my high BP and if it helps with it perhaps I can kill two birds with one stone. but Im sure, based on my history and my bodies amazingly awesome ability to just go nuclear in counteracting any hair loss drug that it will just make it worst.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks bud, no I have high blood pressure and get heart palpitations. I'm basically just using nizoral, dermastamping and minoxidil. interesting though, my dads doctor just put him on spironolactone for his high blood pressure because it was related to his adrenal gland. I am like identical to my dad, so I'm gonna see if spironolactone is right for my high BP and if it helps with it perhaps I can kill two birds with one stone. but Im sure, based on my history and my bodies amazingly awesome ability to just go nuclear in counteracting any hair loss drug that it will just make it worst.
Hope it works out for you