What my story will be ? 4 month update on page 4 (08/5/2012)

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: What my story will be ? 23 guy. Updated 1.1.2012

Nah not really. Only started "shedding" when I added finasteride to my regimen a while back. Shed is done now also.

Only negative thing to my hair is that it looks greasy for a bit after I apply.

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score

This regrowth can't be because of the finasteride or minoxidil but anyway. Today at the morning I noticed a few small dark hairs about 1cm(0.5 inch) at the frontal area where I have been thinning/losing density. It was nice to see that my hair follicles aren't at least died completely! This is so exciting I just can't wait to finasteride and minoxidil to kick in.

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm so excited it's been a month now.. 4 weeks finasteride and 3 weeks rogaine 5% foam. So far I'm more than happy to say that I don't have any sides of finasteride, I maybe had a bit pressure at groin area at second night or so, it lasted couple of hours at maximum and nothing after that. No sexual, mental, libido etc sides.

I haven't had an itching scalp since I began, I've scratched my head maybe once within last 30 days, the redness of the scalp is gone.

I will post a lot of pictures. Since I realized I didn't have wet base pictures and my base pictures was taken without a flash, I took wet pictures without flash, dry pictures without a flash and with flash.

So far I can't say that I could notice any regrow anyway it's way too early to hope that unfortunately I guess. I think my hair looks better / healthier and maybe darker ? Anyway Here is the pics, all comments will be appreciated.

What comes about hair falling rate I would say it has gone down dramatically, when I run my hand over my hair I can get a one or two hair every once in a while. Before this was 2 to 4 hair almost every time ! When I apply minoxidil I maybe get 5 hair total so I would say that's good ?

Attachments

• wet_front.png
    wet_front.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 1,171
  • wet_crown.png
    wet_crown.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 1,199
  • wet_right.png
    wet_right.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,192
  • wet_left.png
    wet_left.png
    161 KB · Views: 1,190
  • front_dry.png
    front_dry.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,162
  • right_temple_dry.png
    right_temple_dry.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 1,160
  • left_temple_dry.png
    left_temple_dry.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,162

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score

And here is a few pics with flash. I took a couple of pics for my crown. I have always had a two whirls and there maybe a bit thinning at my crown area but nothing too major. I won't worry it as much about my temples and front area.

Maybe after 3 weeks I began to apply minoxidil almost everywhere, here is the million dollar question: will my health hair become depended to minoxidil, if I add minoxidil a bit careless all over and strictly on those areas on sides where I see thinning ?

If I haven't got any sides yet, can I stop worrying about possible sides from now on ?

Thanks !

Attachments

• front_dry_flash.png
    front_dry_flash.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,126
  • left_dry_flash.png
    left_dry_flash.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,130
  • right_dry_flash.png
    right_dry_flash.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,129

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: What my story will be ? 23 guy. Updated Feb. 1st 2012.

It seems that minoxidil has kicked in, I know this is just my second month on big 3 but for some reason there is a lot of half inch hairs on my hairline which couldn't have been there before. I just got hair cut and I'm having a same mohawk style and the mohawk is quite long so I can definitely tell the difference between old long hairs and the "hopefully new hairs" on the hairline.

Nothing much to say with temples at this point, I will post new pics at the end of this month.

What comes to finasteride sides, I may have had watery semen like once within 48 days and that has been it, so I would guess there is no need to worry sides more than that ?

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Don't worry about sides, just get them off your mind. Chances are you will not have any.

Stay on the minoxidil and finasteride, you'll be pleasantly surprised in 3-6 months, more than likely.

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah I'm not worrying about them because I haven't noticed anything weird, except it seems that my temples has began to fill in or then my mind is tricking me. Anyway I'll post new pics at the beginning of next month so someone can tell me how it's :D

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score

Okay now it's 3 months in and here is my opinion about my progress: my temples has began to fill in but not much differences on my hairline or the thickness at the center.

Your comments will be highly appreciated.

Sides because that's what people are usually interested. Used 0,5mg finasteride daily and so far I can't really say that would have caused any problems. Having a healthy morning wood and getting and keeping it hard isn't a problem. Still getting random erections at random places as usually and so on. No missing libido etc.

Also no sides from minoxidil. Using foam at the morning and liquid at the evening.

And here is some pics.

Front 2 months
fF38o.png

Front 3 months
p0Lke.png

Left 2 months
sn1Lv.png

Left 3 months
j0j7U.png

Right 2 months
b8yoW.png

Right 3 months
dci9Q.png

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: What my story will be ? 3 month update on page 3 (30/4/2012)

It looks like it's slowly getting better...

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm actually feeling quite good about my hair. At least I haven't got any "hey u r balding dude comments yet" a friend of mine has said a couple of times how good my hair looks.. That was before even starting the treatment ^_^

I hoped that I could get a bit more density back rather than templates but I guess you can't get everything at once. I'll keep updating this month by month so you'll see what happens.

When I saw my Doctor he told me to give it at least six months to propecia to kick in, so I'm quite happy what have happened so far. I guess it's more because minoxidil than finasteride atm but we'll see.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Glad to see you're getting your temples in as well. It seems I know what I can expect as you're a few months ahead of me! I only started applying to the temples a month or so ago.

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score

Just small update. Yesterday I noticed that the bald areas of my temples actually have a lot of vellus hairs if these transforms into normal hairs my temples should be as good as new.

UKguy84

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm like you receding hairline, i noticed lots of small black hairs appearing at 2 months from minoxidil on my previously totally bald temple area, but so far after 5 months they haven't transformed and are still quite small.

some of my previous miniaturized hair seems to be stronger tho, i think you have to be a very lucky guy to have new hair come through at the hairline and go terminal.

anyhow best of luck to ya and hope it does, it does for some right?. same for you thom and hopefully me too. :punk:

edit: oh by the way i only use rogaine 1x per day, so maybe better things will happen for you. i think i'm going to try 2 times starting tomorrow.

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score

Well four months in yippee! Maybe not that much improvement as I expected but still seeing a lot of vellus hairs on the temples on new areas and the older ones has been growing, so far so good. At this point I would say I've started to see some regrowth at the frontal hairline too ! This is awesome.

What comes to the sides, nothing new so no sides.

and here this months pics !

Unfortunately these pics doesn't show the real progression with vellus hair so good but it's there still :)

Attachments

• left_may.png
    left_may.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 737
  • right_may.png
    right_may.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 768
  • front_may.png
    front_may.png
    182.8 KB · Views: 756
  • mayface.png
    mayface.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 731

eric9090

Reaction score
I have been suffering from hair fall issue and things are not going anywhere, it is inherited but I am very young for this!!

Shuggy

Reaction score
Hi Going2bebald? My hairstyle and colour is pretty much the same as yours. I'm going to start the regime (minus finasteride for now) tomorrow and get some starting pictures but thank you for keeping your blog up to date so far.

Great to see the progress from worried to positive excitement.

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Shuggy said:
Hi Going2bebald? My hairstyle and colour is pretty much the same as yours. I'm going to start the regime (minus finasteride for now) tomorrow and get some starting pictures but thank you for keeping your blog up to date so far.

Great to see the progress from worried to positive excitement.

Hey, thanks for your input. If you want to avoid finasteride, I would recommend at least to give a shot for saw palmetto because minoxidil or nizoral won't fight against dht :(

You should still check http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-news/article233.php

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
I've lost my usb cable so I'm not able to upload this month pics before I've found it. Anyway everything seems the be improving steadily. I'm not sure am I having a bit shed and should it be normal at this stage after 5.5 month of big 3.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
Will be watching this thread closely. I have a very similar hair loss and receding issues. The results look pretty good so far though. :bravo:

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys I was quite busy during last month. Anyway here is pics at the beginning and at the end of July. During those 4 weeks I used generic liquid minoxidil and I guess it doesn't probably work so good for me. At least you can see that my hair color has changed a bit and for last 1 week I've had bad shed for some reason. Nevertheless I thought that I was shedding maybe in second or third week of July also, I'm not sure. Anyway I bought rogaine foam again and hopefully it works as good as it have worked for last 5 months.

As you can see from first 5 pics what are taken at the beginning of June, my situation was quite nice and if you check the 2 last ones it isn't that good. Unfortunately I haven't took June's pics yet, I'll post them within a week.
june_right.jpgjune_left.jpgjune_front.jpgjune_right2.jpgjune_left2.jpgjune26_right.jpgjune26_left.jpg