When will minoxidil results be visable? (17 year old)

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
Been using once a day for 5 months and hair is still thin or thinner. im diffusing, when can i see results? im really scared

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
Been using once a day for 5 months and hair is still thin or thinner. im diffusing, when can i see results? im really scared

You have androgenetic alopecia at the age of 17?! If minoxidil works, you should see a cessation of hairloss after 2-3 months. In your case, it apparently doesn't work. At this moment, the logical step is to increase the dosage (from 5% to 10%) or adding finasteride. Or both. Check your body hormones (testosterone, SHBG, free testosterone, DHT)!

The problem is that if you now stopped minoxidil and jumped on finasteride, you could experience a loss of minoxidil-dependent hair. I don't think that after 5 months, it would be too serious, but I must mention it, because you apparently aren't in the best mental state.

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
You have androgenetic alopecia at the age of 17?! If minoxidil works, you should see a cessation of hairloss after 2-3 months. In your case, it apparently doesn't work. At this moment, the logical step is to increase the dosage (from 5% to 10%) or adding finasteride. Or both. Check your body hormones (testosterone, SHBG, free testosterone, DHT)!

The problem is that if you now stopped minoxidil and jumped on finasteride, you could experience a loss of minoxidil-dependent hair. I don't think that after 5 months, it would be too serious, but I must mention it, because you apparently aren't in the best mental state.

im using it once a day , hairloss started at 15 haha :( might try finasteride when i turn 18 m8

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You're suppose to use minoxidil twice a day, might be worth trying it twice a day first.

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
You're suppose to use minoxidil twice a day, might be worth trying it twice a day first.

studies have shown its nearly as effective, im starting to think i had fake kirkland minoxidil haha :( hope not just ordered more ;)

i dont think i am covering the whole area aswell, i deffinitly am with the topical spironolactone hope it helps

need full head of hair febuaray

R2D2

Reaction score
If I were 17 again and already balding(I started about 28) I would jump on finasteride so fast it make your head spin, once the follicles are miniaturized from DHT they don't come back easily and minoxidil is just going to be a band-aid to stop
that process. Anyone that has that sensitive of hair that they are balding at 15 needs serious DHT reduction and
minoxidil is not going to help in that regard.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it man...but in your shoes I would be buying some finasteride right away. I started(balding) about as early as you, and if I knew about finasteride i'd have been on it asap. It is your decision though, just saying what i'd do.

Go to a Doctor, try for a prescription. If he/she refuses, there are other ways. I use in house pharmacy.net, since my Doctor wont prescribe it for me.

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it man...but in your shoes I would be buying some finasteride right away. I started(balding) about as early as you, and if I knew about finasteride i'd have been on it asap. It is your decision though, just saying what i'd do.

Go to a Doctor, try for a prescription. If he/she refuses, there are other ways. I use in house pharmacy.net, since my Doctor wont prescribe it for me.

im 18 in 9 months. I have been to my doctor before and he said i was too young. I have added topical spironolactone so im really hoping minoxidil will spare me untill im 18 and i can try finasteride?

Is there anyone that uses finasteride for 5 years+ with zero side effects? Shouldnt everyone get side effects because of lowering DHT?

cheers brb minoxidil

- - - Updated - - -

also i have a varicolele, but i gain muscle easily so i must have high test??

if i had low test would finasteride rape me

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Nah thats actually mostly fear mongering that the vocal minority spew about finasteride. Ive been on it for over a year now and no sides to speak of. The chance to get sides is actually quite low, and the chance of not quickly recovering from finasteride sides is miniscule at most. Sure theres a chance, but do you take Tylenol? eat Potatoes? Walk in tall grass? These things all have a higher chance of danger than finasteride, and can even kill you outright.

Also you can get finasteride online without a prescription as I said I also have to do this. Many websites people on these forums use to great effect.

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
i want to. i want hair at my y12 formal 1 year from now. Im not sure if i should see how spironolactone and minoxidil go for another 6 months than try finasteride. i just want hair for the coming year god damm!!!

im only 17 so finasteride could eff me? i am 6ft and very muscular ( bodybuilding) and if i tried it i would have to hide it from my parents. Just seems like everyone gets sides to some extent every other day?

- - - Updated - - -

plus i dont want gyno

gahd!! i just want minoxidil results

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
i cant use it twice a day dude! i have school in the day and my hair would be ruined. I use 2ml at night cause i have to cover my whole scalp.

http://s1246.beta.photobucket.com/user/douglasmich/library/ have a look at the photos.. should i grow my hair out or buzz it. i have one year of highschool left

- - - Updated - - -

why dont people get sides from finasteride? is it cause the body learns to use less DHT? fek having gynooooo

and its 90$ a month here, cannot afford that ****

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Online finasteride is like 23 dollars for a 3 month supply. If you can get a script for proscar in the US the 3 month supply would be like $5. Inhousepharmacy.net for the $23 online(its called FINCAR on there).

You may also want to look into toppik, or some other concealer. Should be good for you with your strong hairline.

Again though, you are very unlikely to get finasteride sides, especially if you try to just forget about the possibility. I think most people who get them its all in their minds, just like stress will make getting erections more difficult.

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
ahh maybe if i buzz my head :). Does diffuse thinning look better or worse with a buzz cut, atm noone knows im thinning because of combing over and wearing a hat

- - - Updated - - -

Online finasteride is like 23 dollars for a 3 month supply. If you can get a script for proscar in the US the 3 month supply would be like $5. Inhousepharmacy.net for the $23 online(its called FINCAR on there).

You may also want to look into toppik, or some other concealer. Should be good for you with your strong hairline.

Again though, you are very unlikely to get finasteride sides, especially if you try to just forget about the possibility. I think most people who get them its all in their minds, just like
stress will make getting erections more difficult.

Australia! i dont think my parents will let me use finasteride and if i was going to get it i would need to get fincar or something :/. i think i want to try finasteride but should i wait till im 18? i dont think my doctor will prescribe it yet. It just seems like so many people get side effects, i could always take a lower dose?

btw im bodybuilding

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I wont recommend that you disobey your parents. So if they say no, then yes wait until your 18 then immediately start finasteride.

I dont know if diffuse looks better shaved down, sorry about that.

You can take a lower dose, but I dont think it will matter, the great majority of people will not get side effects.

finasteride likely will not effect your body building. See the success story from peabody on this very website.

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
alright bro thanks, i think i might try the buzz cut..

9 months till im 18, this spironolactone and minoxidil better help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
sup guys well my hairloss is pretty bad. I have full thin coverage when combed but if i mess my hair up it looks so bad. Its starting to kill me from the inside. I think im going to cut my hair to a 1# to try and conceal the loss.

There is no god that would put me through this

- - - Updated - - -

I wont recommend that you disobey your parents. So if they say no, then yes wait until your 18 then immediately start finasteride.

I dont know if diffuse looks better shaved down, sorry about that.

You can take a lower dose, but I dont think it will matter, the great majority of people will not get side effects.

finasteride likely will not effect your body building. See the success story from peabody on this very website.

hey bro, i want to start finasteride but im worried about effects because im still young. Isnt DHT needed in puberty? if im lowering that it could harm my development and brain?

pls reply

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I think your pretty much good to go for finasteride hormone wise. If you where like 13, I might think you should wait, but you are very near 18. I say if you can get it, go for it.

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
just got cabooki concealer, its pretty amazing :eek: but will it work on short hair? and im just worried about puberty because my DHT is vital in pubery? ( i dont have a beard yet)

and will using 1ml a day twice a day be better than 2ml once a daym ( covering whole area)

bald eagle

Reaction score
and will using 1ml a day twice a day be better than 2ml once a daym ( covering whole area)

as others mentioned i would apply twice a day.

personally i use foam in the morning, since it only takes a couple minutes to dry and it doesn't make your hair greasy looking.

as for the second application I use liquid minoxidil a couple hours before bed time.

for me it took about 3 months (applying 2x day) till I saw visible results.