Why am I so sensitive to DHT blockers????

UglyShortManlet

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short
I tried oral finasteride at different dosages but experienced side effects such as low libido, anxiety, brain fog etc.

I quit for while, then decided to try topical finasteride at a low dose. I kept this up for 2 years and didn't think I had any sides. I actually had really good results and my hair thickened up.

I decided to take a break from topical finasteride as i had run out, and after 2 weeks of not taking it i realise now i feel so much better - erections all the time, feel more relaxed, memory is better, thinking feels more clear and so on.

I never realised how much topical finasteride affected me. Why am i so sensitive to finasteride/dht blockers? anyone know how to combat this?

yes i know people will say placebo but i really don't think it is

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short
I tried oral finasteride at different dosages but experienced side effects such as low libido, anxiety, brain fog etc.

I quit for while, then decided to try topical finasteride at a low dose. I kept this up for 2 years and didn't think I had any sides. I actually had really good results and my hair thickened up.

I decided to take a break from topical finasteride as i had run out, and after 2 weeks of not taking it i realise now i feel so much better - erections all the time, feel more relaxed, memory is better, thinking feels more clear and so on.

I never realised how much topical finasteride affected me. Why am i so sensitive to finasteride/dht blockers? anyone know how to combat this?

Im the same. But with other sides.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short

What was your topical (small dosage)??? Without finasteride my dick is often swollen during the day and I have morning erections every day. On finasteride that wasnt the case.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. I asked OP. I have had pfs years ago that lasted a year. I recovered almost fully. I ask about the dose that gave him temporary sides. Pfs is not temporary in most cases.
Bro I've seen research that the dose doesn't matter when it comes to adverse reactions from Finasteride. Halving or quartering the pills doesn't work. Also topical Finasteride goes systemic and creates those problems just like oral Finasteride.

He had PFS-like symptoms for 2 weeks and luckily it went away, now he needs to avoid reinstating cuz he has already shown to be prone to PFS. If he reinstates, it might take much longer to heal again the second time around. Then he will wish he had his old hair problem and nothing else.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro I've seen research that the dose doesn't matter when it comes to adverse reactions from Finasteride. Halving or quartering the pills doesn't work. Also topical Finasteride goes systemic and creates those problems just like oral Finasteride.

He had PFS-like symptoms for 2 weeks and luckily it went away, now he needs to avoid reinstating cuz he has already shown to be prone to PFS. If he reinstates, it might take much longer to heal again the second time around. Then he will wish he had his old hair problem and nothing else.
Some guys say they had sides on oral but not topical. some say less sides on topical vs oral. Thats why I ask what dose he used. Im gonna trial topical soon and never use oral. Yes topical goes systemic but I will trial once a week only then if no sides twice a week and so on. When i used topical before I had taken oral beforehand and used topical daily. There is no need to use finasteride daily. Tissue binding is 3 to 5 days.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some guys say they had sides on oral but not topical. some say less sides on topical vs oral. Thats why I ask what dose he used. Im gonna trial topical soon and never use oral. Yes topical goes systemic but I will trial once a week only then if no sides twice a week and so on. When i used topical before I had taken oral beforehand and used topical daily. There is no need to use finasteride daily. Tissue binding is 3 to 5 days.
If sides are mild it's understandable to try reducing the dose, but OP described serious cognitive and sexual issues. Not worth the risk. Health is much more important. Just get a hair system