Why are we even in Afghanistan?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
ONI How old are you? Because reading all that stuff and adding your silly comments into it to show your lack of maturity.. I don't see that war throught medias and books..I saw it from my own eyes and experiences, Mr. Know it all. I have friends that come and go (if they don't die there) all time also..So I got a way better idea of this mess than you sit on your *** blablating about it. Oni, you are a clown. We have been there since 01. Yes, Afghanistan is a sh*t hole fill up of Zombies that don't deserve to live among us on this Planet.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
personally i think Al-Qaeda are more effectively fought from the inside, the problem that is faced in Afghanistan is that it is hard for the army to differentiate between unarmed al Qaeda and civilians they would dress the same and look the same if they are unarmed which makes it exceedingly easy to make a roadside bomb and hide it and the news repots practically tell people that it's working

on the other hand getting some good ethnic spies on the inside could either help in finding some bombable training camps or if they can access the food you could simply poison the bastards :twisted: :twisted:

The Gardener

Reaction score
It doesn't make much of a difference "why we are there" anymore. "The Afghanistan campaign" is one of the final death pangs of a dying Anglo-American empire.. which is otherwise decadent, corrupt to the core, deluded, and will gradually become more destitute.

Frankly, I hope we can afford to ship all of the men and materiel we have in Iraq and Afghanistan back home after we, as we did in Vietnam, come to the hard conclusion that you can't impose an "order" on a foreign people. ESPECIALLY not on the Afghans, notorious for being the "graveyard of empires".

We are following in the steps of the former USSR.... broke, deluded, and corrupt to the core.

oni

Reaction score
ONI How old are you? Because reading all that stuff and adding your silly comments into it to show your lack of maturity.. I don't see that war throught medias and books..I saw it from my own eyes and experiences, Mr. Know it all. I have friends that come and go (if they don't die there) all time also..So I got a way better idea of this mess than you sit on your *** blablating about it. Oni, you are a clown. We have been there since 01. Yes, Afghanistan is a sh*t hole fill up of Zombies that don't deserve to live among us on this Planet.

:uglylol:

oni

Reaction score
It doesn't make much of a difference "why we are there" anymore. "The Afghanistan campaign" is one of the final death pangs of a dying Anglo-American empire.. which is otherwise decadent, corrupt to the core, deluded, and will gradually become more destitute.

Frankly, I hope we can afford to ship all of the men and materiel we have in Iraq and Afghanistan back home after we, as we did in Vietnam, come to the hard conclusion that you can't impose an "order" on a foreign people. ESPECIALLY not on the Afghans, notorious for being the "graveyard of empires".

We are following in the steps of the former USSR.... broke, deluded, and corrupt to the core.

:bravo: :agree:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:

Thanks for sharing that with us, Mr. Ward Churchill.

s.a.f

Reaction score
oni said:

:bravo: :agree:

Does seem to be heading that way,

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Once again I find myself fantasizing about how things could be different if, instead of supporting the mujahideen against the Soviets in the late 70's and 80's, we had actually gone the other way and supported the Soviets against the mujahideen. God knows that hindsight is always 20/20, but think how that could have changed things! We may have been able to stop the more vicious and notorious habits of the Soviets (like the use of booby-trapped toys to maim children), while suppressing the future uprising of Muslim terrorists in that sad country. One can only dream about what might have been...

HughJass

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I know we invaded Iraq on the premise that there were WMD's to be found, (not to mention oil) :whistle: but I still dont know what the hell we're supposed to be in Afghanistan for?

the coalition invaded to satisfy the public's desire for revenge after 9/11

seeing as AQ had bases there I guess it was the 'logical' place to launch a retaliation, but as far as preventing another terrorist attack it was about the gheyest strategy ever. All it did was show how ignorant Western leaders (and most of their constituents) are.

HughJass

Reaction score
Bryan said:
I don't know if it's going to require a full invasion/occupying force to stop those activities, or if air power alone can do it (including those fantastic unmanned drones that they're developing now to such great effect), but I'll let the President and the military brass continue to make those tough decisions.

Old Baldy said:
What should we do? Play pattycake with them? :)

Any military action is a waste of time and money. And lives.

The only way America will prevent more attacks on its soil is to refrain from taking sides in the Israel-Palestine conflict and yank up all it's bases from muslim countries.

We all know thats not going to happen though.