You Might Be Interested In Reading This.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing regrowth. I'm absolutely shocked. I'm not nearly as bad as you, but I definitely would love to see results like that. You haven't had any other sides on oral spirolactone other than the little gyno that faded? And how were you able to get a prescription for it?

I've had no gyno from it at all. I guess genetically I'm not susceptible to it. They were a little bit more sensitive but know enlargement or anything but that did go away. There were some side effects for a little while like loss of libido but I never had a problem getting an erection and that went away. I pee more often and I lost my chest and back hair. Which weren't that bad to begin with but I consider it a benefit to be honest.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting post! I am a bit in a similar situation except i never had the courage to start spironolactone. I really keep it as a last weapon.
Although I am tempted... Did you check how it can interfere with kids eventually. And do some of you buy online ? As I don't know who would prescribe this. Indeed i should go to a trans specialized doctor to have it legally

I go to a doctor to get it legally and the piece of mind knowing that it's legit. I would recommend you talking to your doctor about kids. I personally wouldn't recommend being on the drug while attempting to have kids.
On a side note I think with all these medications the tendency to upregulate is very high so after a while it's likely that it won't even have an effect anymore but at least you were able to hold onto your hair for a few more years. Unless you or any individual has severe side effects from the drug and doesn't want to be on it anymore.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
On a side note I think with all these medications the tendency to upregulate is very high so after a while it's likely that it won't even have an effect anymore but at least you were able to hold onto your hair for a few more years.
If the spironolactone ever stops working you could switch to cypro. though I think the chances of sides are higher with this.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the spironolactone ever stops working you could switch to cypro. though I think the chances of sides are higher with this.
I was just reading your post about your success story. Congrats on your success. You've made huge progress. I will look into Cypro if I have to. I actually don't mind side effects. As bizarre as that sounds it's an indication to me that the medication is working.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you describe the inflammation you experience when not on treatment or when it's no longer working? Do u have itching, burning, redness? Do ur follicles/scalp feel "bruised" when hair is moved around? Any flaking?

Thanks

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw how did u get the transgender Doctor to prescribe u spironolactone?

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you describe the inflammation you experience when not on treatment or when it's no longer working? Do u have itching, burning, redness? Do ur follicles/scalp feel "bruised" when hair is moved around? Any flaking?

Thanks

It’s an intense itch. No bruising or anything like that. But it was consistent and would wake me up in my sleep. I believe but not sure that it was DHT acting on my follicles shrinking them or going into a telogen phase because every day my hair got worse.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw how did u get the transgender Doctor to prescribe u spironolactone?

As I mentioned before my scalp itch was unbearable and I was having some issues I believe related to either too much testosterone/DHT or my body being too sensitive to it. I discussed this with my doctor and he was cool with prescribing me spironolactone to see what happened.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do u have any pictures of what just dutasteride did for ur hair? Or just finasteride?

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I don't. But it didn't do anything for it. Or anything that I noticed. I kept losing it if anything
Interesting. Then do I think finasteride+spironolactone would have the same effect since dutasteride didn't do more for u than finasteride? Also do u use any supplements or specific shampoos?

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The million $ question is why anti-androgens don't work locally.
I was on 25mg of spironolactone for a few months and i experienced a significant improvement in hair quality.
Unfortunately side effects started kicking in,such as sensitive nipples and a generalised weakness.
I had lost my muscle strength and i had no motivation to do anything in life.
I quit spironolactone and all the sides went away.I had an enormous libido boost,with frequent spontaneous erections in such a degree that it became annoying,so i know that it negatively affected this sector too.
Some people are just unlucky i guess.

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had no gyno from it at all. I guess genetically I'm not susceptible to it. They were a little bit more sensitive but know enlargement or anything but that did go away. There were some side effects for a little while like loss of libido but I never had a problem getting an erection and that went away. I pee more often and I lost my chest and back hair. Which weren't that bad to begin with but I consider it a benefit to be honest.
Are you transitioning to mtf? Or did you tell your doctor that you wanted to get a Spironolactone prescription for hairloss?

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you transitioning to mtf? Or did you tell your doctor that you wanted to get a Spironolactone prescription for hairloss?

No I'm not transitioning from m2f. I'm a healthy male. If you want the medication just figure out what you need to say. Every doctor is different so you may need to find a different doctor if yours isn't willing to prescribe it for you. You'll find a way if you really want it.

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I'm not transitioning from m2f. I'm a healthy male. If you want the medication just figure out what you need to say. Every doctor is different so you may need to find a different doctor if yours isn't willing to prescribe it for you. You'll find a way if you really want it.
How about muscle/body composition differences? Did you notice any changes in muscle weakness, ability to put on/lose muscle? Fat distribution changes? I'm sure if you experienced the extent of hairgrowth that you did, you noticed these things.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I'm not transitioning from m2f. I'm a healthy male. .
200mg daily spironolactone intake is a hell of a dose and will eventually give a feminizing effect.
Testicles and penis will shrink and breasts will augment.
Do you monitor your androgen and potassium levels?

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
penis will only shrink if it's not used often enough.
Penis and testicles size depends on androgens.
200mg of spironolactone will decrease your androgen levels equally to a castrated male.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Penis and testicles size depends on androgens.
200mg of spironolactone will decrease your androgen levels equally to a castrated male.
testicles will shrink yes. but I am on a harder regimen than that and my dick has not shrunk.