You Might Be Interested In Reading This.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
. Spironolactone is generally well tolerated by men and still prescribed for edema, hypokalemia and other non transgender related ailments. In fact, I would bet the 200mg of spironolactone he's taking hasn't even dented his Testosterone levels or even put them near female ranges.
Your ignorance is dangerous.People like you should be banned from the site for misleading information.
And for those who dispute the feminizing effects of spironolactone,take a look at this:https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...pecia-nizoral-rogaine-for-months.79595/page-2

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
The first pic was when i first started to lose my hair. Then the progression of loss. Then the progression of regaining my hair. I travel a lot for work so there are different backgrounds and some of these pics are from years ago. No editing at all I swear.
I’m literally frothing over these results. That’s so good and I’m very happy for you! Just a suggestion, of things start to go pear-shaped again, maybe try adding RU or oral minoxidil? Best of luck! I hope I get these kinds of results with dutas + ru + oral/topical minoxidil + the pill (I can’t take spironolactone and I already have low test for a woman).

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your ignorance is dangerous.People like you should be banned from the site for misleading information.
And for those who dispute the feminizing effects of spironolactone,take a look at this:https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...pecia-nizoral-rogaine-for-months.79595/page-2
spironolactone is dangerous. This is a comparison photo of having been on it for 9 months to this past November having been off it for nearly 2 years. Also never stopped my hairloss/shedding or improved a single thing. Made me lose a ton or weight and also made depression worse. It wasn’t good for me.

Attachments

• 3BF84361-96BF-4B5A-92B7-CA09D2BCD857.jpeg
    3BF84361-96BF-4B5A-92B7-CA09D2BCD857.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,214

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I do get tests done. My Testosterone is at normal male levels.

How about estrogen? I'm currently rotating between finasteride and dutasteride daily but want to switch entirely to dutasteride. I've read dht is responsible for preventing test from aromatizing to estrogen so this is one main reason that's stopping me.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
spironolactone is dangerous. This is a comparison photo of having been on it for 9 months to this past November having been off it for nearly 2 years. Also never stopped my hairloss/shedding or improved a single thing. Made me lose a ton or weight and also made depression worse. It wasn’t good for me.

Georgie. If you don’t mind me asking what is the nature of your hairloss? Please don’t take me as being rude but it looks like you’re genetically female. As you said before you already have low T. Either you’re extremely sensitive to the little DHT that your body does have or something else might be going on. Your hair looks good unless it’s being covered up with a topper or whatever.
I did not get long lasting results from finasteride and Dutasteride done nothing for me without spironolactone. But I’m genetically a male so maybe theres some things here to be considered as far as hairloss and medication reactions go. As I said before everybody is different and I’m sorry you had a bad experience. But on a different note looks like you take very good care of yourself and have a very nice physique. Keep up the good work. Hope you solve your hairloss issue.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Georgie. If you don’t mind me asking what is the nature of your hairloss? Please don’t take me as being rude but it looks like you’re genetically female. As you said before you already have low T. Either you’re extremely sensitive to the little DHT that your body does have or something else might be going on. Your hair looks good unless it’s being covered up with a topper or whatever.
I did not get long lasting results from finasteride and Dutasteride done nothing for me without spironolactone. But I’m genetically a male so maybe theres some things here to be considered as far as hairloss and medication reactions go. As I said before everybody is different and I’m sorry you had a bad experience. But on a different note looks like you take very good care of yourself and have a very nice physique. Keep up the good work. Hope you solve your hairloss issue.
Yes I’m female. True, my hormone profile is very doffeeent to a mans, and all my sex hormones are suppressed because I have hypothalamic/pituitary disorders which prevent normal hormone production. Taking spironolactone for me may have been a bad choice given that is reduces test levels, but I was referring more to the diuretic and psychological effects it had. Lowering test levels may have been a large factor in my bad experience with it, but I found it was just too strong a drug in general for me. Left me really dehydrated even on 100mg, and let’s face it, any dose under 100 isn’t worth taking. All studies have shown 100mg for hair maintenance, 200mg for possible regrlwth. I think you are 100% correct about me just being super sensitive to Dht, which is why I’m now on dutas and ru with my fingers and toes crossed.
I just wanted to share my own experience having been on spironolactone, but I really do hope it works out for you.
Also with regards to my hair, it is diffuse hairloss and it began 2014. I think taking minoxidil 5% topical 2 x a day and 2mg oral minoxidil since the end of 2015 helped A LOT. I was balding like a man -
Basically Was a NW2, and it regrew my hairline and I believe overall helped but hasn’t stopped my hair loss, shedding or thinning. It getting progressively worse which why I’ve needed to address dht. spironolactone was all wrong for me, so now it’s onto 5-alphas/the kitchen sink approach haha. I should also mention that I have eyebrow and eyelash loss/thinning, so I now have a theory that I need the androgens but don’t need the byproduct!

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know.It aggravated my depression too.It made me feel so very weak,physically.
I'm now hoping for sage-217 which is an allopregnanolone analogue https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/07/sag...rcent-after-depression-drug-breakthrough.html ,since typical antidepressants(ssri,snri,tricyclic etc.)haven't worked for me.
None have worked for me either. The closest I have come to treating my depression/bipolar it being made numb. That’s about it. I find i am incredibly serotonin sensitive also. I can’t takr SNRIs and plenty of SSRI’s make me nauseous, drowsy, dizzy, get hot flushes etc. I’ve tried Valdoxan and a few others which have had zero effect. I might look into what you’ve mentioned.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The closest I have come to treating my depression/bipolar it being made numb.
The closest i have come to treating my depression/anxiety is being made not me.Sometimes i prefer it over the horrendous feeling of dread,and some other times i prefer the pain with more ''me'' inside it.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I’m female. True, my hormone profile is very doffeeent to a mans, and all my sex hormones are suppressed because I have hypothalamic/pituitary disorders which prevent normal hormone production. Taking spironolactone for me may have been a bad choice given that is reduces test levels, but I was referring more to the diuretic and psychological effects it had. Lowering test levels may have been a large factor in my bad experience with it, but I found it was just too strong a drug in general for me. Left me really dehydrated even on 100mg, and let’s face it, any dose under 100 isn’t worth taking. All studies have shown 100mg for hair maintenance, 200mg for possible regrlwth. I think you are 100% correct about me just being super sensitive to Dht, which is why I’m now on dutas and ru with my fingers and toes crossed.
I just wanted to share my own experience having been on spironolactone, but I really do hope it works out for you.
Also with regards to my hair, it is diffuse hairloss and it began 2014. I think taking minoxidil 5% topical 2 x a day and 2mg oral minoxidil since the end of 2015 helped A LOT. I was balding like a man -
Basically Was a NW2, and it regrew my hairline and I believe overall helped but hasn’t stopped my hair loss, shedding or thinning. It getting progressively worse which why I’ve needed to address dht. spironolactone was all wrong for me, so now it’s onto 5-alphas/the kitchen sink approach haha. I should also mention that I have eyebrow and eyelash loss/thinning, so I now have a theory that I need the androgens but don’t need the byproduct!
lowering T production is probably not a good idea for you. the ovaries is what makes T and E together so if T is low E must be too. i think a little bit of androgens can help indirectly by taking up space onto SHBG. and Ethynl E which is in the pill raises Shbg alot. however, ethynl E doesn't bind to Shbg but natural E does so it could reduce bioavailabilty of natural E. but with a little T in the system, Shbg has a preference to bind to T more than E.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
lowering T production is probably not a good idea for you. the ovaries is what makes T and E together so if T is low E must be too. i think a little bit of androgens can help indirectly by taking up space onto SHBG. and Ethynl E which is in the pill raises Shbg alot. however, ethynl E doesn't bind to Shbg but natural E does so it could reduce bioavailabilty of natural E. but with a little T in the system, Shbg has a preference to bind to T more than E.
I think you’re right. I have really bizarre hormonal issues. The fact is my case is unique, and I obviously have AA and EXTREME dht sensitivity, but I feel like lowering my test and androgens probably does more harm than good. I’m praying for a damn miracle on Dutas. At this rate it seems like all my sex hormones are on the decline, so maybe it’s a good option to elevate my T levels.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you’re right. I have really bizarre hormonal issues. The fact is my case is unique, and I obviously have AA and EXTREME dht sensitivity, but I feel like lowering my test and androgens probably does more harm than good. I’m praying for a damn miracle on Dutas.
have you had thyroid hormones checked too?

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
None have worked for me either. The closest I have come to treating my depression/bipolar it being made numb. That’s about it. I find i am incredibly serotonin sensitive also. I can’t takr SNRIs and plenty of SSRI’s make me nauseous, drowsy, dizzy, get hot flushes etc. I’ve tried Valdoxan and a few others which have had zero effect. I might look into what you’ve mentioned.
Everyone responds differently to the same medication. It's really hard to benchmark a particular drug for the general person, and unfortunately with drugs like spironolactone and RU, there isn't too much out there we can draw from. Which is why we scour these forums. For about a week now I upped my regimen and started RU58841 and switched the generic brand of dutasteride to Dutas, and already noticed significant changes in hair quality-- hair shinier, scalp feels healthier with less inflammation and itch-- and significantly less shedding. I think I'm just a really strong responder to AA's and dht inhibitors. Luckily for me, my hairloss isn't too bad, and I still have thick hair with a NW1 hairline(diffuse thinner). I am beginning to shed on my hairline, which I attribute to the Dutas. I am hoping it is a temporary shed and that it will grow back, and I am fairly certain they will since I still see terminal hairs sprouting.
You have to be careful when you take dht inhibitors or topical steroidal--AA's because they can actually cause receptor upregulation in your hair follicles and actually increase shedding/hairloss/miniaturization. When I was taking brandname Avodart, it actually caused upregulation and increased shedding drastically-- but I knew it was working because within the first week even, I noticed significant changes in my hair, but within a month in it was just nonstop weeks worth of shedding, which eventually made me quit it and revert back to generic dutasteride. Generic Avodart is much more potent, imo. I would be very attentive and if you notice more than normal amounts of shedding, I would just take dutas out of your regimen.
I also derma-roll for increased minoxidil absorption and collagen production. I do it on my face too, and noticed more tightness and reduction of wrinkles, so I know it works for collagen production, but am not entirely sure if it does for hair since I'm on so much f*****g sh*t for that right now.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
have you had thyroid hormones checked too?
Yeah. Everything you can think of. What I have is called hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism. I believe it was caused by years of anorexia as a teenager. My doctor has told me that whilst it can be reversed, my case is quite bad and the likelihood is low. Besides, once You have AA, that’s it. So even if my hormones were to by some miracle return to normal, I’d still have hairloss.

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you’re right. I have really bizarre hormonal issues. The fact is my case is unique, and I obviously have AA and EXTREME dht sensitivity, but I feel like lowering my test and androgens probably does more harm than good. I’m praying for a damn miracle on Dutas. At this rate it seems like all my sex hormones are on the decline, so maybe it’s a good option to elevate my T levels.
I'm extremely DHT sensitive, too. Which is why you have to be really careful when taking DHT inhibitors because our follicles are already super-sensitive to DHT, upregulation can literally destroy our follicles.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm extremely DHT sensitive, too. Which is why you have to be really careful when taking DHT inhibitors because our follicles are already super-sensitive to DHT, upregulation can literally destroy our follicles.
Oh god dutas and RU are my last hope. I’m prayinf that doesn’t happen!!!!

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
the concept of upregulation is scary as hell. dont know if its true but could be. Tolerance and sensitivity applies to almost anything