2020, Hairloss Cures Or Just New Treatments?

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
where is RCH-01
Results from phase 2 are coming in February I think. If they still have a 10% increase in density in 6 months treatment I think it's amazing. People here forget that if u could combine that with for example finasteride and a growth stimulant like minoxodil u could have way more density increase. U won't go from nw6 to nw1 ofcourse. But if u only started balding I think this has the potential to keep ur hair for 20+ years.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Results from phase 2 are coming in February I think. If they still have a 10% increase in density in 6 months treatment I think it's amazing. People here forget that if u could combine that with for example finasteride and a growth stimulant like minoxodil u could have way more density increase. U won't go from nw6 to nw1 ofcourse. But if u only started balding I think this has the potential to keep ur hair for 20+ years.

Who said Feb 2019 ?

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. She is not upbeat on topicals and offers only hope for genetic research. But, I think by end of 1st quarter, we will see some results rolling in, good or bad.

Funny enough, why does she benchmark the new topicals (Breezula, SM, etc.) against minoxidil ? She should know that min is short-term and will definitely down the hill without anti-androgen. Breezula, SM, on the other hand, address a deeper root of the problem, dont they ?

Btw, she never mentioned about the cells therapies such as RCH and Tsuji, which is very promising as well ?

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a bit demoralising when an expert says there’s nothing in the horizon. I have the same thought as you @alibaba92 . It seems a bit wrong to say there’s nothing better than minoxidil when there’s the potential to use minoxidil AND treat Androgenetic Alopecia from various OTHER angles aswell even if they’re not better..

I am hoping that Clascoterone proves to be an effective addition as I believe it’s closest to release and sides aren’t that significant AFAIK.

With respect to Samumed, can somebody shed light on why this company has a lot of capital? To my knowledge, the phase 2 results for Androgenetic Alopecia weren’t that impressive, and their other treatments such as osteoporosis isn’t also that amazing..why are people still investing in it. Is there something we don’t know? This is at the moment the biggest Biotech start up

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
With respect to Samumed, can somebody shed light on why this company has a lot of capital? To my knowledge, the phase 2 results for Androgenetic Alopecia weren’t that impressive, and their other treatments such as osteoporosis isn’t also that amazing..why are people still investing in it. Is there something we don’t know? This is at the moment the biggest Biotech start up
It's called Turkish money laundering.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No seriously though..it’s US based company. Surely if something was amiss people would’ve flagged it by now.

$12 billion in equity and they don’t seem to be overselling anything based on the underwhelming clinical trial results.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am hoping that Clascoterone proves to be an effective addition as I believe it’s closest to release and sides aren’t that significant AFAIK.

I wonder would Winlevi work given the lower percentage? - it’s supposed to be released at least a year or two before Breezula. Alternatively, would it be possible to get a compounding pharmacy to create a product with a percentage of Clascoterone closer to Breezula.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No seriously though..it’s US based company. Surely if something was amiss people would’ve flagged it by now.

$12 billion in equity and they don’t seem to be overselling anything based on the underwhelming clinical trial results.
I'm serious.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RCH-01 is going to be a cure for non-baling(yet) person. It will be also a cure form most of them who has only miniturized hairs.
If it truly will bring back miniturized hair to non-dht-affected it will be cure for me. I had phenomenal results on finasteride for 11 weeks, but as great results was, that great side effects where. So I had to quit. Soon i will use minoxidil unitl Setipiprant(if it is not dead already) or RCH-01

Last edited:

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder would Winlevi work given the lower percentage? - it’s supposed to be released at least a year or two before Breezula. Alternatively, would it be possible to get a compounding pharmacy to create a product with a percentage of Clascoterone closer to Breezula.

Never thought of it that way. I’m assuming Winlevi and Breezula have different vehicle also, can a compounding pharmacist make a solution from scratch or do they need to work with Winlevi to create something similar to breezula ?

Phase 3 was all positive for winlevi acne treatment, so 2020 is the year winlevi is expected to be marketed, let’s hope the NDA filing goes smoothly. One reason I am hopeful about this company is that they have realistic timeline, unlike others that claim a release date of tomorrow despite being on phase 0

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
RCH-01 is going to be a cure for non-baling(yet) person. It will be also a cure form most of them who has only miniturized hairs.
If it truly will bring back miniturized hair to non-dht-affected it will be cure for me. I had phenomenal results on finasteride for 11 weeks, but as great results was, that great side effects where. So I had to quit. Soon i will use minoxidil unitl Setipiprant(if it is not dead already) or RCH-01

@Hate da Bt what did you disagree with ?

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never thought of it that way. I’m assuming Winlevi and Breezula have different vehicle also, can a compounding pharmacist make a solution from scratch or do they need to work with Winlevi to create something similar to breezula ?

Phase 3 was all positive for winlevi acne treatment, so 2020 is the year winlevi is expected to be marketed, let’s hope the NDA filing goes smoothly. One reason I am hopeful about this company is that they have realistic timeline, unlike others that claim a release date of tomorrow despite being on phase 0

Was the result of Winlevi phase 3 very impressive ?

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was the result of Winlevi phase 3 very impressive ?

That’s subjective, depends on what you consider “very impressive”.

It met all primary and secondary endpoints in its phase 3 trial with statistical significant (I.e. p < .05). It was clinically (not statistically) more superior than topical isotretinoin , which is quite effective for acne in itself.

Oh.. and this is an acne treatment. The hair loss trials are still in phase 2, with results expected soon.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m my opinion, that’s quite impressive. If all goes well in 2022, this is another addition to Androgenetic Alopecia, that’s apparently as effective as CPA without the sides. Timeline seems reasonable, about 10-12 years from discovery to marketing..which is what you would expect from a legitimate pipeline

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I’ve no idea honestly, I was thinking out loud more than anything else. I suppose if the vehicles are different that would put an end to it. I’ve read that Winlevi is going to be a cream which would make its use difficult enough. It is tempting to think that it might do something though because it’s only a year away.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
W
I’ve no idea honestly, I was thinking out loud more than anything else. I suppose if the vehicles are different that would put an end to it. I’ve read that Winlevi is going to be a cream which would make its use difficult enough. It is tempting to think that it might do something though because it’s only a year away.
Wouldnt hurt to test it if it’s released next year. At worst you’d have acne free scalp.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
W

Wouldnt hurt to test it if it’s released next year. At worst you’d have acne free scalp.

For guys, best is to try it for our receding temple. Not sure for ladies though.

Well, I asked about Winlevi because, to me, it does not look impressive. Only less than 10% reduction in lesion counts compare to placebo ? Enlighten me if I am wrong though.

View attachment 108540

Attachments

• Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 250